PDA

View Full Version : Anyone recognize this fixture?

FX Luminaire
12-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Do any of you gentlemen recognize this fixture? I have a customer trying to add-on to an existing job. They are larger then they look (about 8" in diameter).

Image attached.

Thanks in advance.

Happy Holidays.

Anthony

Tomwilllight
12-23-2010, 01:06 PM
No clue who made it... But I don't think I would ever want to specify one. Serious problems with the finish and the lens looks like it might wick moisture into the lamp housing. That may explain the "drainage slot" at the rear of the lens.

BrandonV
12-23-2010, 06:37 PM
looks like those malibu copper ones I've seen before, if it's thin material that might be what it is.

Tomwilllight
12-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Malibu link: <http://www.malibulights.com/products/surface_mount_lights/details.aspx?item=8302-9400-01>

Maybe it's an older version?

Tom

FX Luminaire
12-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Do any of you gentlemen recognize this fixture? I have a customer trying to add-on to an existing job. They are larger then they look (about 8" in diameter).

Image attached.

Thanks in advance.

Happy Holidays.

Anthony

A little more info on this fixture. It is 120v. Not 12v. Not a Malibu type for sure and again, it is large (8-10"). If anyone has an idea of what it might be, please let me know.

Thanks and Happy New Year. See you at AOLP.

Anthony

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Since it is 120V that changes everything.... you have gone from a possible 50 - 60 manufacturers to hundreds. Has anyone tried removing one of the existing units and looking on the back plate for a sticker or stamping? Instead of trying to match what appears to be a poorly designed and manufactured fixture, has the client been offered the opportunity to upgrade?

On another note: Anthony, could you please have someone contact me and update me as to the FX cUL listings process.

Thanks!

FX Luminaire
12-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Since it is 120V that changes everything.... you have gone from a possible 50 - 60 manufacturers to hundreds. Has anyone tried removing one of the existing units and looking on the back plate for a sticker or stamping? Instead of trying to match what appears to be a poorly designed and manufactured fixture, has the client been offered the opportunity to upgrade?

On another note: Anthony, could you please have someone contact me and update me as to the FX cUL listings process.

Thanks!

James,

Quite right. Could be any of many manufacturers. Contractor has removed and inspected. No labels. I only received the image through e-mail. I promised him that I would put the image out there and see if anyone had encounters with.

There are many on the site and change-outs are the last option. But that looks highly probable at this point.

James......PM me your contact info and I will forward it to my Canadian counterpart and my New England guy as well.

Thanks

Anthony

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-30-2010, 11:29 AM
James......PM me your contact info and I will forward it to my Canadian counterpart and my New England guy as well.

Thanks

Anthony

Seems I cannot send you a PM on here, not sure why. In any case, please have your people contact my people via info@integralighting.com

Thanks Much.