PDA

View Full Version : Landscaping Question

Seems Landscaping
12-21-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm wondering if there's a computer program out there that would let me take a picture of a house then with this program let me add landscaping features to it. Most clients are visual and they like to see what work will be done, plus it would be easier to give them a few options. Any advice or information would be appreciate.

Thanks
Jason

ChiefsBeHoofinIt
12-21-2010, 04:28 PM
there are, they are quite expensive. on the main page of the forums scroll down and look for the landscaping 1

Landscape Poet
12-21-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm wondering if there's a computer program out there that would let me take a picture of a house then with this program let me add landscaping features to it. Most clients are visual and they like to see what work will be done, plus it would be easier to give them a few options. Any advice or information would be appreciate.

Thanks
Jason

Landscape Pro - http://www.drafix.com/

Be prepared for the cost - it is roughly $1200. It is worth every penny if you can figure out how to use it to its fullest. I would give them a call and make sure the plants that are common to your area are in the library. I attempted to use this program and it did not have some of the more common plants in my zone. I am sure it was able to be had, but I was using a free old version from a friend and did not want to invest in the money for it. I am sure others may be able to tell you more about it, but it allows you to do everything from mulch, grass, plants even landscape lighting as well as Christmas lighting.

Good luck,

Seems Landscaping
12-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the information

Florida Gardener
12-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Seems

If you are going to get into LS Design, I would highly recommend taking a plant ID course at your local CC if they have a Hort Program. It will really help when putting a design together. Good luck.

Mudly
12-21-2010, 06:49 PM
i use autocad with landarch. you cant take pictures and insert but you can take mesurments which you need to anyway and it will build a 3d model. this program is not cheap and it is not easy to use.