PDA

View Full Version : Landscaping question

Seems Landscaping
12-21-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm wondering if there's a computer program out there that would let me take a picture of a house then with this program let me add landscaping features to it. Most clients are visual and they like to see what work will be done, plus it would be easier to give them a few options. Any advice or information would be appreciate.

Thanks
Jason

AGLA
12-21-2010, 07:17 PM
There are several out there. Some cheap ones that you can get at Staples or Besy Buy for under $100 and some that are a lot nore professional like ProLandscape that cost a whole lot more than that.

...do a search.It has been gone over a number of times.

LizzieLandscapes
12-23-2010, 07:58 AM
You can buy an expensive prog, or an inexpensive one. Some of the expensive ones can be hard to navigate and difficult to use. Some are very user friendly, but you pay for it.
The inexpensive ones are just that...mostly cheapo homeowner programs that won't give you the tools or the flexibility you want. Or
You can take a pic of the house, landscaping areas...all sides, lots of angles, then edit them with a free program like Paint.net and use the paint tools to draw, paint, in the features you want..you can "Edit undo" and redo them if you make a mistake as many times as you want,../ it has textures you can fill like brick walls ect, ect.

You can also do searches for images of plants, flowers, trees, stone walls, water feature, whathaveyou...save the ones that suit your needs..re-size them if necessary and put them right onto the picture you are working with. Keep a file of those types of images to use when ever you need them. This is an alternative suggestion only. There ARE a lot of landscaping programs out there to choose from.
Personally, I'm old school, l draw out my plans by hand on grafting paper. AND I take pics and draw on them...lol

AGLA
12-23-2010, 08:27 AM
I'm not a big fan of photoimaging as a replacement for plans, but it can help show an idea.

Paint.net is a great free download that is sort of "photoshop light". You can snag a plant out of this photo and paste it into that (resize, stretch, distort,...). It might take a while to figure out how to use layers, the cloning tool, and other features, but you can do lots with it. .... you can even apply effects to the photo to make it look like a watercolor or pencil drawing if you want.

Good value for the price $0.