PDA

View Full Version : Dump insert mounted to a trailer

tcalb2
12-23-2010, 09:15 AM
I have a older ez dump 8' insert and haven't been using it since I got my dump trailer. I think I could only get 1,700 or so for it, so I'd rather just keep it and try to make use of it. I was wondering if anyone had mounted their dump insert to a trailer. I'd like to make a small 5x10 trailer with a few side tool boxes, a front mount tool box and the dump insert. It would be nice for the three large gardens I maintain. Any ideas or pictures would be great.

waters lawn care
12-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Any thing's possible sound' like good idea making use of what you have.keep us posted
Posted via Mobile Device

tailboardtech
12-23-2010, 01:19 PM
i have seen it, there is a roofer near here that did that and he put utility boxes underneath it. just make sure you have the trailer balanced correctly

tcalb2
12-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Yea, I've got some left over side tool boxes and a small cross bed tool box I'd like to find an old military trailer to convert.

EverestLandscape
02-08-2011, 05:03 PM
I bought my dump insert brfoe I had the truck because I got a great deal on it, I mounted it onto my 5x10 open trailer and used it all the time. The 2 extra feet in the front were great for the hose for the leafvac or tool or whatever, but now its in the truck that i bought but it served me great while i had it on there

tcalb2
02-10-2011, 06:20 PM
do you have any pictures of your setup with it on the trailer, and how well did the trailer tow with it mounted to it. Thanks again

Great White Services
03-20-2011, 07:59 PM
I've been waiting to do this for a while now!!!! So excited to find a thread for this !!!!:clapping::clapping:

Don't you think.... about a 18 ft car hauler with a dumper on the back. A true red-neck work trailer. A guy could put a his equipment on the front 10 ft area, and throw all his grass, garbage, etc. in the dumper. And when you need a full car hauler you got it and when you need a dumper you got it !!! Best of all worlds, no ??????? A shorter car hauler would work better cause of where the trailer wheels are located and a guy would have to watch how you load it too.But I think it would work , right ????

streetscrapin16
03-20-2011, 11:43 PM
I was going to do this too. But I was going to use a dual axle so you can haul more with the two 3500# axles instead of one.

LBA1999
03-30-2011, 05:37 PM
why not put it sideways on an 8' wide deckover trailer? you can still haul mowers and don't have to change the ramp set up to load them like you would if you mounted on the back of a trailer. you could even make a hydraulic ramp or tailgate for it to make it easier to get debris that high.

jplawnmaint
04-04-2011, 09:25 PM
There is already a trailer with a dump that is mounted sideways on the front and enough deck space for a couple mowers. Rochester Truck in NH has one for sale. Its a real heavy duty trailer. Look them up. You should be able to get some ideas from it. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device