PDA

View Full Version : trying to find a certain type of trailer tool box

JCLawn and more
12-26-2010, 11:33 AM
ok, I am trying to find someone that has a tool cabinet for the tongue of trailers. Something that has trays that slide out. I want to keep all my tools out of my truck, and I don't want a tool box in a my truck. I just want all my tools organized on slide out trays instead of plastic boxes, or small tool boxes. Has anyone came across anything like this?

seabee1
12-27-2010, 12:20 AM
haven't seen any tongue tool boxes with slide out drawers .you might have to custom make the unit using drawer slides and steel or aluminum for a shell .
http://www.drawerslides.com/c/100-lb-drawer-slides

JCLawn and more
12-27-2010, 07:00 AM
ger. It would seem like they would

JCLawn and more
12-27-2010, 07:40 AM
ha ha, I got an idea. I think I could make a box over each wheel well. So it would be about 2 4 foot boxes with 4 2inch high trays in each one. That will give me a foot high box on top to put straps, blades, and whatever else. So then It would open on top, and it would open on the side of the box. The side will have a plate that shuts and covers all the trays and is water tight. Then when it folds down it acts as a 4x2 work bench. Then I can put a 3ft or 4ft deep box on my tongue. Then I can make this out of stainless steel diamond plating. Can you image what I thinking? lol

gasracer
12-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Try Tractor supply or Northern Tool. They have all kinds of truck and trailer boxes. If you know someone who welds you could have them build you one.

JCLawn and more
12-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Try Tractor supply or Northern Tool. They have all kinds of truck and trailer boxes. If you know someone who welds you could have them build you one.

I am working for a steel fabrication shop lol I can get all the steel for cheap lol I hope to be learning to weld soon

Quality Cuts PLS
01-09-2011, 03:02 PM
UWS - United Welding Services, makes an aluminum drawer slide chest.
Model number TBC-38-DS it is 38x23x20, uwsta.com.

JCLawn and more
01-09-2011, 08:19 PM
UWS - United Welding Services, makes an aluminum drawer slide chest.
Model number TBC-38-DS it is 38x23x20, uwsta.com.

that looks super cheap and not very long lasting, and I could not put tools in it.

JCLawn and more
01-09-2011, 08:35 PM
won't let me edit it. I meant not a lot of tools in it

Quality Cuts PLS
01-09-2011, 08:58 PM
You wanted to know who made one - there it is. Be more specific in what your requirements and expectations are next time. It is not cheap in construction or price. Your looking for something that dosen't really exist, it would have to be custom made and would be cost prohibitive. Ihave designed and priced some custom stuff - not worth it, unless you have money to burn.

JCLawn and more
01-09-2011, 09:14 PM
You wanted to know who made one - there it is. Be more specific in what your requirements and expectations are next time. It is not cheap in construction or price. Your looking for something that dosen't really exist, it would have to be custom made and would be cost prohibitive. Ihave designed and priced some custom stuff - not worth it, unless you have money to burn.

unless you work at steel fab shop where I have access to 5 welders, presses, scrap metal, discounted metal, a design team, the managers discount at fastenal where I mow, and a whole bunch of other crap. :D That tool chest looks more for putting parts in.

Quality Cuts PLS
01-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Thats awsome! Use your resources and get it done then.

JCLawn and more
01-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Thats awsome! Use your resources and get it done then.

When I get some motivation. I think I could sell them. I would look like this with pull out drawers and the hinges for the cover would be on the bottom to be a table. It would not be as tall.

Even Cut Lawn Care
01-09-2011, 10:26 PM
UWS makes great products...Not cheap by any means.

JCLawn and more
01-10-2011, 06:53 PM
UWS makes great products...Not cheap by any means.

Do you think it can do this? This is what I base cheap on lol Sure, it may not be cheap compared to market tool boxes, but I have never seen a tool box on a truck I would not consider cheap in some way. Most things made commercially is crap, plain and simple.