PDA

View Full Version : True Green truck

CHARLES CUE
12-26-2010, 09:25 PM
There's a TG truck for sale on E Bay It's in CO It's still got 2 hose reels but no hoses and still has a tank looks like 100 gal. Doesn't look like a bad truck 108.000 th miles.

Charles Cue

indyturf
12-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Looks pretty good. I had a 95 and sold it 4-5 years ago. the tanks look like 100 gal each. it would have come with a 300/100 split tank in back and had the front box for dry storage. I mounted a double mount platform on back for a PG and couldn't even tell it was back there. I sold mine for $5000 and it looked better than this one but had about 95k. I would say this one is a little over priced but they are hard to find.

indyturf
12-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Looks pretty good. I had a 95 and sold it 4-5 years ago. the tanks look like 100 gal each. it would have come with a 300/100 split tank in back and had the front box for dry storage. I mounted a double mount platform on back for a PG and couldn't even tell it was back there. I sold mine for $5000 and it looked better than this one but had about 95k. I would say this one is a little over priced but they are hard to find.

There must be two of them! this one has 82k and has hose and two tanks.. its in Alabama

indyturf
12-26-2010, 10:50 PM
Found the one you posted.. very clean, nice truck

CHARLES CUE
12-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Found the one you posted.. very clean, nice truck

I found the one you saw theres some thing about it! It just don't look as nice as the first one i found.

Charles Cue

greenteamlawns
01-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Does TruGreen have a patent on those trucks? i.e. could I get in any legal trouble for using that same style of truck in the same geographical market as TruGreen?

Also, can this truck hold the amount of liquid in the tanks in case of a leak? I have been told by a state inspector that the vehicle that is transporting pesticides must be able to contain the leak without leaking it onto the ground.

indyturf
01-18-2011, 02:31 AM
Does TruGreen have a patent on those trucks? i.e. could I get in any legal trouble for using that same style of truck in the same geographical market as TruGreen?

Also, can this truck hold the amount of liquid in the tanks in case of a leak? I have been told by a state inspector that the vehicle that is transporting pesticides must be able to contain the leak without leaking it onto the ground.

you could not get in trouble for using one of these trucks. no they will not contain 400 gal the tanks are on a flat surface even with the doors.

greenteamlawns
01-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Does anyone else have this requirement? How could it be met with the TruGreen truck?

Ric
01-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Yo

I have a TG/CL Isuzu truck and have had it for close to 7 years now. TG/CL has no patent on them and in fact Lease the trucks from a major Leasing company which then sells the out of lease trucks on the open market. Supreme Coach is who made mine and there are several companies that make a similar design.

Watch when buying a used one because they are stripped of pumps and anything that can be scrapped for money. Tanks also might be drilled from under the floor and are next to impossible to repair. Here in Florida most TG/CL franchise make darn sure their used trucks don't end up back on the road as a spray truck.

Gregory Might have something to add here since his company does the local TG/CL major repairs that their in house mechanic can't do.

BTW I purchased my TG/CL Diesel Isuzu with a just over 100,000 miles for only $ 4250.00 After a repaint and several modification to the plumbing system and calculating acquisition costs which included travel for two people to Texas to purchase the truck, My total cost was just at $ 10,000.00. 7 years later I am ready for an other paint job but the truck is still running strong.

greenteamlawns
01-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Thanks for all of the information!

I am currently looking at a TG/CL truck. It is a 2001 w/ about 110k on it. ALL of the pump/tank components have been stripped and it is just a bare box. The guy is asking $7k for it. Based on what you say, Ric, this is quite a bit overpriced.

To add more fuel to the fire, the truck has a transmission issue. It will not drive if you start it in drive, but will work if you start in 1, then 2, etc. He is willing to knock at least $1500 off if I take it as-is. Has anyone had an issue like this with the transmission? Is it an expensive fix?

I appreciate any help.

Ric
01-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Thanks for all of the information!

I am currently looking at a TG/CL truck. It is a 2001 w/ about 110k on it. ALL of the pump/tank components have been stripped and it is just a bare box. The guy is asking $7k for it. Based on what you say, Ric, this is quite a bit overpriced.

To add more fuel to the fire, the truck has a transmission issue. It will not drive if you start it in drive, but will work if you start in 1, then 2, etc. He is willing to knock at least $1500 off if I take it as-is. Has anyone had an issue like this with the transmission? Is it an expensive fix?

I appreciate any help.

Green

Without any working spray parts all you have is a small short wheel based Box Truck. Maybe Florida is at the end of the earth but we have plenty of used Box Trucks here for sale cheap. Some of these trucks were bought up north and used to move to Florida. Same with Trailers so we do get a bargain now and again.

The design of the TG/CL Isuzu Truck is such that re-plumbing it is harder than the average bear. Just getting a reasonable size tank in the door is a problem. The PTO set up is designed for a Hydro Cel 25 pump which costs over $ 3,000 brand new. If you use the PTO you will have a lot of design changes to do using Hypro pumps. Gasoline powered pumps would have to be placed inside where Heat build up and fums area problem.

I purchased a working spray truck with Bald tires for $ 4250.00. Except the tires I could have worked the truck that day. The only major plumbing I did was separating the two tank plumbing TG/CL had. I want two totally separate sprayers that didn't use the same parts like the TG/CL set up. Add in a commercial Truck Paint Job. (not exactly a metallic show stopper) and I had $ 10,000 in the truck. Of course I had excellent 3 tanks set up for a very cheap price that is still servicing me well.

IMHO you don't need to walk away from this deal. You need to run hard and fast.

americanlawn
01-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Hope I can jump on this forum, cuz we bought 3 TruGreen trucks for a grand total of $9,000.

We sold two of them, but we kept one truck. All 3 trucks included a "400 gallon Tuflex tank". Just go to http://www.Tuflexmfg.com. and see what they're worth new. They are expensive, and they last for 30 years or more.

Main thing you want to consider is the condition of the "truck" (mainly the engine/tranny) - not the the hose reels, fittings, etc which are usually corroded and worthless anyway.

I got "spanked" by a LS member years ago, cuz he thought we should keep the original PTO system system (truck engine running at all times). Instead, we installed an electric-start Honda motor. Nice move on our part >> I figure this makes the "GO GREEN" folks happy too.

rscvp, thanks

soulman
11-26-2011, 01:48 PM
transmission is a big ticket item....ask for huge price concession or walk away

drtito
12-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Could you get a z-spray max in the back of a Trugreen truck with the spraying unit already in place?

WestGaPineStraw
12-02-2011, 12:22 PM
No
Posted via Mobile Device

RigglePLC
12-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Transmission is expensive. Find out what a brand new tranny costs and the labor to install it. Ask them to deduct that. Say about $5000.

The state requires some protection if you are hauling pesticides. That probably does not apply to hauling dilute spray solutions. Keep asking around--especially your local landscape association. You may need to carry a "spill kit". My state requires that.

Rayholio
12-05-2011, 12:07 PM
I can get the International models 6 cyl diesel 'american made' trucks with I believe 1000 gallon capacity in 2 tanks, + plenty of room of a pallet of material, and a push spreader dock w/ ramp.) they have 100-130k and are READY TO WORK except they need hose end sprayers attached.

$8500 each. and well worth it. I can fabricate, and finish a super heavy duty hitch w/ wiring for another 500 bucks. If you're interested.. let me know.

The value is definately there.. An empty fiberglass box is usually a lot more than $10,000... usually tanks cost $1 per gallon... The pump alone is like 2500 new. 2 electric hose reels at $600 each.. + hose... etc..

I've replaced my Isuzu with one of these trucks.. and let me tell ya... it's a LOT better. I'm going to be spoiled by how easy it is to diagnose, and work on plumbing issues. Everything is over engineered.. and very durable.

The only complaint I have is that some of the fiberglass work needs to be reinforced.. usually around hinges.

I've got over $30,000 in my isuzu box truck... and so far it's also been a lot more costly to work on.. harder to get in and out of.. and a lot more likely to break down on the plumbing side. I'm also really worried about having guys climb in and out of the back.. especially when wet. It's like 4 feet off the ground. Lots of guys have died that way.

Rayholio
12-05-2011, 12:11 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_rdc=1&item=130565523205&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp5197.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3 D130565523205%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1

There's the kind truck I speak of. :) except mine have been gone thru... with have inspection passing tires, and be ready to go.

Rayholio
12-05-2011, 12:14 PM
I can also get just the boxes for ethier Trugreen truck for about $1500 empty, or $2250 ready to work (minus pump)

Ric
12-05-2011, 01:12 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_rdc=1&item=130565523205&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp5197.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3 D130565523205%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1

There's the kind truck I speak of. :) except mine have been gone thru... with have inspection passing tires, and be ready to go.

Ray

Looking at this truck on E bay and I am thinking. WHERE ELSE CAN YOU GET A READY TO WORK TRUCK FOR UNDER $ 10,000 TODAY???? This truck is worth putting new tires on etc.

These Trucks have the 7.3 Diesel engine the same proven engine that Ford used in their Trucks. At 136 K this truck is not broken in yet. I have never driven one but I have been told they drive like a car.

Rayholio
12-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Ray

Looking at this truck on E bay and I am thinking. WHERE ELSE CAN YOU GET A READY TO WORK TRUCK FOR UNDER $ 10,000 TODAY???? This truck is worth putting new tires on etc.

These Trucks have the 7.3 Diesel engine the same proven engine that Ford used in their Trucks. At 136 K this truck is not broken in yet. I have never driven one but I have been told they drive like a car.

That was exactly my line of thinking..

I had origionally purchased a used '06 NPR diesel for 24k... then put 4k worth of spray equipment in it, $1000 worth of fabrication, and another $2000 in accesories like truck boxes, and fuel tanks... And why? Now, 4 years later, the box has holes corroded in it, and it's spray equiment has been gone thru almost every year..

I convinced myself that I wanted a 'newish' work truck. Foolish. It's overhead. The customers have NEVER commented on how new or nice my truck looks... so in my eyes.. I made a $20,000 mistake (more if you consider the insurance costs on a newer truck)

I have 3 of these trucks right now if anyone is interested. I can get the boxes too if you already have an international or NPR.

Dallas Turf
12-19-2011, 12:33 AM
I just listed mine on the market place. For what these go for used you could not even buy the spray rigs, not to bention a box truck to put them in.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=366891

Ric
12-19-2011, 09:13 AM
I just listed mine on the market place. For what these go for used you could not even buy the spray rigs, not to bention a box truck to put them in.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=366891

Dallas

Nice Truck and where else can you get a ready to spray truck for $ 10.000? You can't even get a decent 1/2 ton truck for $ 10,000.

Read my first post in this thread. I Paid $ 4,200 for a Isuzu TG/CL Truck but had $ 10,000 in it before I could spray the first Lawn.

My Isuzu fits my needs because my average Yard is only 4 K. These Internationals carry twice the water and can do twice the jobs each day where I am limited with the Isuzu.

HazellLawnCare
12-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Ric can you post pictures of the trucks you have available?

HazellLawnCare
12-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Rayholio sorry could you post some pictures of the trucks you have available?

GaryBK
09-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Rayholio, do you still have any TG trucks for sale?
Thx
Posted via Mobile Device

Glenn Lawn Care
09-04-2012, 09:59 PM
It prolly has a lot of idle time (high hours). And from what I've gathered true green didn't take care of their trucks all that well.

WestGaPineStraw
09-04-2012, 10:09 PM
It prolly has a lot of idle time (high hours). And from what I've gathered true green didn't take care of their trucks all that well.

I've got two complete Tg nprs, 03 and 04, excellent trucks. 500/100 tank, two pumps two hose reels and dry storage. 140k on each, 11500 hours on the motors, for what I have in them who cares. ROI has been 10 fold.
Posted via Mobile Device

HazellLawnCare
09-06-2012, 11:53 PM
I would still be interested in one of these style trucks with the International chassis.

HazellLawnCare
11-20-2013, 04:07 PM
Does anyone know where any of these trucks are available?

CHARLES CUE
11-20-2013, 08:01 PM
Does anyone know where any of these trucks are available?

Look on Ebay there on there all the time

Charles Cue

WestGaPineStraw
11-20-2013, 08:29 PM
Look on Ebay there on there all the time

Charles Cue

I haven't seen them for sale in a while.
Posted via Mobile Device

CHARLES CUE
11-20-2013, 08:35 PM
I haven't seen them for sale in a while.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well to tell you the truth I once wanted one so I looked all the time but have changed my mine so I haven't looked for a while.

I would think that it goes but when Tru green clears out old trucks

Charles Cue