PDA

View Full Version : Business Credit Cards for Employees

PR0 TURF
12-27-2010, 10:57 PM
What credit card are you using & how do you like it? Currently our credit cards are very unorganized. We are looking for a business card with 5 employee cards that has each employee's charges broken down separately on the monthly statements. Our current business card issues employee cards but does not break down their charges individually...we get one huge statement with everyone's charges & it's a challenge to keep things organized. Looking to make a change for 2011.

:walking:

punt66
12-27-2010, 11:45 PM
What credit card are you using & how do you like it? Currently our credit cards are very unorganized. We are looking for a business card with 5 employee cards that has each employee's charges broken down separately on the monthly statements. Our current business card issues employee cards but does not break down their charges individually...we get one huge statement with everyone's charges & it's a challenge to keep things organized. Looking to make a change for 2011.

:walking:

look into american express corporate. They send separate bills per user.

DanaMac
12-28-2010, 10:32 AM
I have the Chase Business M/C cards for us. Breaks down purchases for all three cards.

grassman177
12-28-2010, 01:40 PM
we are using a southwest airlines business rewards card, for our crew leaders too.

the bennies are obvious and the credit limit per person is also adjustable which is nice.

AdamChrap
01-05-2011, 06:42 PM
We have used American Express Business Platinum for years and love it. One bill but it is all broke down by each card.

newjerseylandscaping
04-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Just curiosity, Other than fuel is there anything else your guys use the cards for? thanks

PR0 TURF
04-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Just curiosity, Other than fuel is there anything else your guys use the cards for? thanks

Equipment repairs, parts, supplies, trees/shrubs etc...there is always something.

Lefet
04-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Equipment repairs, parts, supplies, trees/shrubs etc...there is always something.

You got that right!! There is ALWAYS something!

newjerseylandscaping
04-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Gotcha :)

WheatBookkeeping
04-22-2011, 09:47 PM
At the risk of sounding to obvious I just want to put something out there as a reminder about employee credit cards.

The cards are subject to abuse, so no matter which card company you decide on the cards should be strictly controlled. Make a log of which employee gets which card and have each the employee sign for his card. Make sure they donít swap cards and inventory them often. I mean actually do a physical check on the cards periodically to make sure each employee has the card that is assigned to him. Just a word of caution.

Good luck

DanaMac
04-23-2011, 04:49 PM
At the risk of sounding to obvious I just want to put something out there as a reminder about employee credit cards.

The cards are subject to abuse, so no matter which card company you decide on the cards should be strictly controlled. Make a log of which employee gets which card and have each the employee sign for his card. Make sure they donít swap cards and inventory them often. I mean actually do a physical check on the cards periodically to make sure each employee has the card that is assigned to him. Just a word of caution.

Good luck

Make the right hire, and you don't have to worry about these things much. Each of my employees takes a company vehicle home, which has about $10k in inventory, and $5k in tools. They have keys to the shop which has a lot more tools and inventory. Make the right hire, and trust those guys. Sure checking up on the CC is good advice, which should be done periodically anyway to make sure there is no fraudulent activity. But as the business owner, I have enough things to worry about as it is.

Oh yeah, put a limit on their cards as well. $1000, $2000, or whatever.