PDA

View Full Version : New to this Need Help

cglservice
08-28-2002, 10:39 PM
New to the iragation side of things,
Just aquired a large residental estate. It has a Rain Bird ESP-16LX, 15 stations set up to operate station 8 on manual test shows that it is working but can find water ( think it may be in shrubs that are mature no worry)

Question is I have on sprinkler that is not coming up, it looks like it is on the end of line, information on top of head is T40---T Bird
Rain Bird little brown cap with screw has 20 on it .

If someone can point me in the direction of how two replace this thing or fix it.

Can it be replaced with a 5000 series rotor
I did download a manual but it does not cover replaceing.

Thanks Guys or Ladies
:dizzy:

longslawn
08-29-2002, 07:03 AM
The head may have trash in the line. You can dig around the head and take off the top of the rotor and clean out any material that could be clogging the head. Start the zone again to flush out any material and to make sure you are getting water to the head. If you have water, reinstall the head and see if it will work then. Usally some dirt or something may have got between the rotor riser and seal and could be causing it to stick. See if the riser will move up and down with your hands. If not, clean out around riser. If riser is damaged replace the head.

The 20 is actual telling you that there is a 2.0 gpm nozzle in the head. Be sure to replace any new head with a 2.0 gpm nozzle also. The nozzle should also be brown.

Yes you can replace the T-bird with a 5000 series head.

The head most likely is on a swing joint or a fixed riser. Either way you just screw the head off and screw another on. Hopefully it will be on a swing assembly so you can level the head easier.

Zone 8 may also be a drip zone. That may be why you don't actually see any water. Start this zone and rake back the mulch around some of the shrubs and see if there is a drip line near the plants.