PDA

View Full Version : Newspaper flyer inserts

stevenf
12-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Advertising is just around the corner for me. Was really going to hit it hard this season with doorhangers. I have also been looking at some type of bulk mailout the past few seasons. With the Advocate newspaper, I can get 7,500 flyer inserts for $675.00. That includes the printed 5.5x8.5 flyers. It is A LOT cheaper then postcards.
Have any of you done the newspaper inserts in the past? If I get a .05% return and close on half of them... That would be 18.75 new accounts. It seems worth it unless you guys have learned otherwise...???

rnd
12-29-2010, 11:22 AM
Visit our website at rndsigns.com to see hundreds of different layout ideas as well as exclusive images to set your company apart from the competition. We have a FREE marketing handbook and planner that can be downloaded with helpful tips.

With us working with so many companies in the green industry we haven't heard of many companies doing newspaper inserts. Most companies want more control over the demographic who they marketing to and will opt to do a mass mailing. Don't forget about existing customers - market add on services to them to ensure they are aware of all the services you offer. Statement stuffers that can fit in a #9 or 10 envelope, no extra postage to mail

Mahoney3223
12-30-2010, 08:25 PM
i've had mixed reviews. i've done it 3 years now. awful results first year, 1 job out of it, 2nd year i got about 3 new mowing customers and a few mulch/fert accounts, and last year 1 job. it's very weather dependent..make sure you do the inserts when its right around spring-time and people are thinking about spring. i don't know if i'll do it again to be honest.

yard_smart
12-30-2010, 09:21 PM
We do insert, but we have received a better return unserting the monday trading post paper. We also use postcards instead of thin inserts. Prospect thinks it a regular post card that got mixed in with the mail. We will start our spring mail campaign in two weeks
Posted via Mobile Device

walker-talker
12-31-2010, 10:39 PM
Whats the frequency of the newspaper? I have done some monthly newspapers and had no real luck with them. I can do 10,000 flyers insterted for $300 in a senoirs newspaper and do it zip code specific. I won't even attempt unless I go at least three months, starting in March. I have to print the flyers at that cost.

Scagg Mann
12-31-2010, 11:53 PM
We tried it first time last year 50K flyers had good results. We are going to be doing 100,000 flyers this year. getting them printed for about .027 per copy and .05 cost for the insert. We used taredel printing (ask for wendy) they make great artwork. We look forward to seeing positive results.

walker-talker
01-01-2011, 12:36 AM
I did about 20,000 a few years ago. Just a one time insert. Get this....0 calls....yes....0. I wonder if they were ever really inserted. These weren't cheap flyers either.

Mahoney3223
01-02-2011, 01:00 AM
3 free mowings?? explain

walker-talker
01-02-2011, 01:30 AM
3 free mowings?? explain

New customers only, must be weekly mowing accounts, must signup by may 15th and the last 3 mows were free. I can't remember, but I think I had set the credit limit amount to $100.

TheBetterDoorhanger
01-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Trying to determine which method of advertising is going to bring you the best return on your investment is a constant battle. I thought I'd share a comment one of our customers posted on a Lawnsite forum to share their experience with the return our Door Hanger Band-It Stick-It products brought to their company

“Last year we used Adeas Printing for our door hangers. They were great to deal with and made a beautiful product. The return rate that we received on our door hangers was 15% that's right not 1.5 but fifteen percent. We went against the grain and did something funny, and every call we got, the customer was laughing and said that was the best advertisement they ever received. Also since they had liked it so much they told everyone they knew, and let me tell you that when that happens your phone does not stop ringing. We ordered 5000 door hangers and only put out about 400 and had to stop due to the response on the cards and the referrals from the people who received the door hangers. This happened even before we did any work. Now, my wife does have a masters degree in marketing and was at the time a marketing manager for a large company. So she knew what she was doing with the idea and design. Since that time our company exploded and I had to hire her to run the operations and office for our company. The door hangers we got at Adeas helped that happen. This really happened and we were that lucky. Hopefully when we put more hangers out this spring the same will happen. Good luck with your advertising and just make sure your ad stands out above the rest.”
HANDY HELPERS

Feel free to search Adeas Printing on Lawnsite & read about others experiences with our customers.

Email me directly for more information on our products or go directly to our website to see how cost effective our products are and check out special offers for free custom design services or request free samples so you can test our products and view our quality first hand.

robin@adeasprinting.com
www.AdeasPrinting.com/Products

ShooterK2
01-11-2011, 07:25 PM
I've had excellent results in the one year that I have been in business by using newspaper inserts, ad also an ad in the classified section. I live in a small town of 12,000 people, so that may be different. Classifieds are usually cheap to run, and you can run it until you fill your route (took me a couple of months to completely fill my route, as I am part time. About 25 accounts total, most of which came from the ad). If you live in a big city, just say in the ad what part of town you service.

kukmar
01-17-2011, 04:48 PM
I got a website, and gas tank toppers. Offer to pay the owner of the gas store $100 for the year. They won't pass it up.
I live in a rural community and 1000 of people stop per week to get gas. Think about how many people will see your signs.
More and more people are going to the web for services. Not one lawn service company in my area had a website.
Hope this helps.

Northwest Lawn Care
www.nwlawncare.com

Lefet
01-17-2011, 05:54 PM
I got a website, and gas tank toppers. Offer to pay the owner of the gas store $100 for the year. They won't pass it up.
I live in a rural community and 1000 of people stop per week to get gas. Think about how many people will see your signs.
More and more people are going to the web for services. Not one lawn service company in my area had a website.
Hope this helps.

Northwest Lawn Care
www.nwlawncare.com

Nice website. What's a gas tank topper?