PDA

View Full Version : Resolutions / Goals for the New Year

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-29-2010, 09:31 AM
I know that many consider New Year's Resolutions to be trendy, silly and ineffective, but surely you can appreciate the value in setting goals for both your professional and personal life.

So what are your goals or resolutions for the coming year?

worx
12-29-2010, 09:53 AM
To be better at what I love......

Better Husband, Better Father and Better in my Business.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-29-2010, 10:40 AM
My overall goal for 2011 is finding more 'Balance' in my life.

Specifically:

1: Learn to play again. Snowboarding, Golf, and Wakeboarding are on my list.
2: Re-connect with several clients I have lost touch with. Service, Maintainance, Changes and Additions need to be addressed
3: Re-spark our "Remarkability" campaign... it worked wonders for years but needs a refresh to be current and, well.... remarkable.
4: Take the time to take more photographs.
5: Get to the gym more often, especially in the winter months when I have no excuses.

Mark B
12-29-2010, 01:11 PM
I hope to get settled into the new job....
Start doing some more lighting work in the Raleigh area.....
Start funding the Wuz Worth IT project..
Drink more jeger bombs, and try more microbrews....

RLI Electric
01-01-2011, 11:12 AM
James, what is the remarkability campaign? Sounds interesting.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-01-2011, 11:30 AM
James, what is the remarkability campaign? Sounds interesting.

Something I started working on years ago after reading Purple Cow by Seth Godin. Basically I put his advice into practice, dropped all my traditional advertising and marketing campaigns and directed that capital into programs that would make my business more remarkable to my clients and community. It actually worked very well and was responsible for a huge upsurge in popularity of my business.

It has been a number of years now and the whole concept needs to up revisited and updated. What was once new and remarkable can easily become standard practice and expected.

Happy New Year.

RLI Electric
01-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Thats funny. I was going to say that it sounded a lot like Purple Cow. We should talk more about these avenues, especially at the conference. I think Seth Godin is fantastic. I just finished his book,"All Marketers Are Liars" and thought that was fantastic as well. This is one of my main goals this year as well as I continue to drive towards an "all lighting" type of design/build company.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Thats funny. I was going to say that it sounded a lot like Purple Cow. We should talk more about these avenues, especially at the conference. I think Seth Godin is fantastic. I just finished his book,"All Marketers Are Liars" and thought that was fantastic as well. This is one of my main goals this year as well as I continue to drive towards an "all lighting" type of design/build company.

I look forward to meeting you in Scottsdale Bob. Let's make a point of getting together and talking this through.

Have a great day.

trailboss
01-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Im about a 1/4 of the way thru Purple Cow - you guys are to blame.
Thanks!