PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it???

Gatewayuser
12-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Is it worth keeping certifications? My OCNT is going to cost me around $300 to keep plus they raised the membership to $200 per year. I looked at becoming a CTP-CSL but they want $450 to take the test if you are a non member. Plus $325 to become a member. Why don't they make it more affordable? They say they want to make a better industry but sometimes it makes you wonder if they aren't just a business. Do your customers REALLY care if you have these certifications? My never have seemed too, they look at the quality of the property and the level of service. I'm just tired of the prices of everything going higher and higher. Pretty soon us smaller companies won't be able to compete!

wbw
12-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Your customers don't know or care. The value of a trade organization is in what they bring to you. Do you learn from them? Do they provide you with reduced cost insurance or marketing materials? You decide.

Gatewayuser
12-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Your customers don't know or care. The value of a trade organization is in what they bring to you. Do you learn from them? Do they provide you with reduced cost insurance or marketing materials? You decide.

Only thing they provide me is a reduced rate on my workers comp. The OLCA can do the same for half the price.