PDA

View Full Version : Dimension prices seem high?

grahambino2001
12-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Just got quoted $27 a bag for 19-0-6 dimension. $22 for 24-0-11. Checked with both of my closest dealers and got the same price. This was for 3 pallets. Does this seem high to you guys?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-29-2010, 01:46 PM
WAY high. WAY, WAY high. I would hope you would be closer to $20/bag or less for the Lesco w/ Dimension product.

phasthound
12-29-2010, 01:47 PM
Just got quoted $27 a bag for 19-0-6 dimension. $22 for 24-0-11. Checked with both of my closest dealers and got the same price. This was for 3 pallets. Does this seem high to you guys?

Hold onto your seat, raw material costs are on the rise due to global demand.

grahambino2001
12-29-2010, 01:54 PM
WAY high. WAY, WAY high. I would hope you would be closer to $20/bag or less for the Lesco w/ Dimension product.

Yeah thats what i think also. I dont think I can compete at that cost. They offered me no discount until I get a truck load. I may try another company other than Lesco. Not many in my area though.

grahambino2001
12-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Just talked to Agrium. A bit farther away, but $10 less a bag. Do you guys like Agriums products.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-29-2010, 04:33 PM
grahambino - talk to americanlawn on here about Agrium's products. He likes em.

americanlawn
12-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Good point DA -- not only is Agrium a lawnsite sponsor, they are Nationwide and are very competitive regarding price/quality. My Agrium rep is currently in Phoneix cuz he attended the Insight Bowl last night where the unranked IOWA HAWKEYES beat #12 missouri. :laugh:

My Agrium rep can get "anybody" in touch with their "local" Agrium rep. Doesn't matter what part of the Country. Doesn't matter if you order one ton or 200 tons. Tell Jeff (515) 201-4718 I referred you. (American Lawn Care) It pays to shop. I have referred several Lawnsite members to Agrium, and they all are very happy. My 2 cents. :usflag:

grahambino - talk to americanlawn on here about Agrium's products. He likes em.

GreenI.A.
12-29-2010, 09:10 PM
If your getting better prices try going back to lesco with a quote. Corporate sets the price the stores in each market sells for but the managers will lower it to get the sale. Also a big tip, if u are dealing with a larger/busier lesco try one of the smaller slow locations, they'll be willing to work hard for a 3 pallet a rnd customer
Posted via Mobile Device

ant
12-30-2010, 06:34 PM
16.00 for .10

sweetjetskier
12-30-2010, 08:10 PM
If your getting better prices try going back to lesco with a quote. Corporate sets the price the stores in each market sells for but the managers will lower it to get the sale. Also a big tip, if u are dealing with a larger/busier lesco try one of the smaller slow locations, they'll be willing to work hard for a 3 pallet a rnd customer
Posted via Mobile Device

And another one is brainwashed :)
Posted via Mobile Device

GreenI.A.
12-30-2010, 09:23 PM
And another one is brainwashed :)
Posted via Mobile Device

How the hell am i brainwashed? i'm not sitting here trying to justify why they sell for more or justify their reasons. All i said is that the managers are given a price range to sell for for different bulk quantaties. if you get a better price elsewhere go back and JDL will beat it! They are hurting for business the same as every other comany.