PDA

View Full Version : Fertilizer Program Info

turfbug
12-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Gentlemen I appreciate any feedback you can give me on setting the pricing on a fertilizer and weed control program. There is no one to compare to in my area because this service is not offered on a professional level and I want to make sure the pricing is fair in relation to the industry and customer.

An example of my pricing is:
$65 per app for 5000 sq. ft.
$100 per app for 10,000 sq. ft.
$150 per app for 20,000 sq. ft.
$200 per app for 30,000 sq. ft.

Program will consist of four total applications with three granular fertilizer applications and one spray application per year. Weed control and insect control will also be conducted on each visit as needed.

thanks

fl-landscapes
12-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Gentlemen I appreciate any feedback you can give me on setting the pricing on a fertilizer and weed control program. There is no one to compare to in my area because this service is not offered on a professional level and I want to make sure the pricing is fair in relation to the industry and customer.

An example of my pricing is:
$65 per app for 5000 sq. ft.
$100 per app for 10,000 sq. ft.
$150 per app for 20,000 sq. ft.
$200 per app for 30,000 sq. ft.

Program will consist of four total applications with three granular fertilizer applications and one spray application per year. Weed control and insect control will also be conducted on each visit as needed.

thanks

where do you live, 123 main st dark side of the moon??

turfbug
12-29-2010, 04:23 PM
More specifically there is not a company that specializes in fertilization and weed control in this area. There are a handful of landscape and lawn mowing services, but to my knowledge they do not perform fertilizing and weed control at least not advertised.

ted putnam
12-29-2010, 05:37 PM
where do you live, 123 main st dark side of the moon??

Sounds like what you an Ric get for doing lawns down there in snowbirdsville!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

ted putnam
12-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Just curious...how did you determine your pricing structure?

turfbug
12-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Just curious...how did you determine your pricing structure?

Cost of materials, plus markup, and estimated labor.

ted putnam
12-29-2010, 06:23 PM
I am unable to send you a private message because you haven't posted enough times in the forums. I, like many will not discuss pricing in the open forums because of privacy issues but I will say your prices seem to be high. There are many variables that determine your price of course. Cost of materials, efficiency of equipment used to apply them and overhead, just to name a few. Your direct competition and operating area are some others. Once you have 20 posts(I think), I would be glad to share with you a good starting point via pm

fl-landscapes
12-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Sounds like what you an Ric get for doing lawns down there in snowbirdsville!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Talked to Ric yesterday, more like snowville this week, 29 this morning and a hard frost on everything:cry:

fl-landscapes
12-29-2010, 08:12 PM
I am unable to send you a private message because you haven't posted enough times in the forums. I, like many will not discuss pricing in the open forums because of privacy issues but I will say your prices seem to be high. There are many variables that determine your price of course. Cost of materials, efficiency of equipment used to apply them and overhead, just to name a few. Your direct competition and operating area are some others. Once you have 20 posts(I think), I would be glad to share with you a good starting point via pm

he says there is none. And his prices seem high but it includes insect and weed control so does that mean ALL insects and ALL weeds including grassy and sedge weeds?

americanlawn
12-29-2010, 08:17 PM
$100 for a 10,000 s/f lawn? What planet? :laugh::laugh:

fl-landscapes
12-29-2010, 08:18 PM
$100 for a 10,000 s/f lawn? What planet? :laugh::laugh:

Not a planet......dark side of the moon like I said earlier:laugh::laugh:

phasthound
12-29-2010, 08:22 PM
If it's true there isn't a company in your area offering these services, there must not be a market for them. Where are you located?

americanlawn
12-29-2010, 08:23 PM
Hey ............I bought that album when it came out :laugh::laugh::laugh:

fl-landscapes
12-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Hey ............I bought that album when it came out :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ozzy gotta love em

phasthound
12-29-2010, 08:34 PM
ozzy gotta love em

Pink Floyd, dude!

turfbug
12-29-2010, 08:37 PM
If it's true there isn't a company in your area offering these services, there must not be a market for them. Where are you located?

I'm in the central Louisiana area. Very possible there may not be a demand for it. I'm only going to be doing it part time and I was trying to find a starting point.

fl-landscapes
12-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Pink Floyd, dude!

Too funny, thats the second time in a week I think you got me on a stupid screw up......37 year old with dimentia I guess:laugh::laugh: ozzy had the song bark at the moon right??? think thats where I confused it. Either way I think my brain filters out useless info rapidly.

phasthound
12-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Too funny, thats the second time in a week I think you got me on a stupid screw up......37 year old with dimentia I guess:laugh::laugh: ozzy had the song bark at the moon right??? think thats where I confused it. Either way I think my brain filters out useless info rapidly.

Don't worry, at 60 I make my share of mistakes too!