PDA

View Full Version : Big Ford recall: For us Ford guys.

HenryB
12-30-2010, 05:11 PM
Ford recalls 15,000 trucks and crossovers - Boston.com
What is wrong with Ford and so many USA made vehicles. Yes this affects my Fords. So many problems. Why don't my Isuzus and Toyotas have these problems? What really pisses me off is that I really believe the US can do a lot better. So why are we still making garbage? I'm venting I know Japanese cars have recalls too. But honestly maintaing my american (and one Volkswagon)made cars is a full time job. The Japanese cars in my life I don't even think about them.

meets1
12-30-2010, 05:41 PM
I here ya. Had the ford thing, did the ford thing and gone with the fords! I know guys with toyota's and honda's - they get oil, tires, fluid changed that is it. I have one guy that works for me, bought a new toyota pickup (don't know name) it is about 11 yrs old but he has 243,000 miles on it. His power steering just went out, replaced a battery, new exhaust. Not bad for the miles.

NEUSWEDE
12-30-2010, 07:38 PM
Ford recalls 15,000 trucks and crossovers - Boston.com

you think 15,000 is a big recall? Didn't you just see the massive recall with Toyota Prius?

So what is the "big" recall on Fords for?

nepatsfan
12-30-2010, 07:42 PM
Toyotas topped 10 million with there recent issues. I guess the commies will always find a way to trash the american products.
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/toyota-s-recalled-cars-ballons-to-10-million-adds-prius-and-lexus-hs-250h-to-the-list-ar84792.html

WorldsStrongestLandscaper
12-30-2010, 09:23 PM
I think it might be the windstar van. The back axel snaps when spinning outa control,causing it to flip over killing all the people inside! If u put 7 of your family+friends in a stupid van(any make) you are playing with fire. Save your $ stop having kids and buy a huge Flex or Hybrid Tank SUV! Protect your investments. Is this the recall??? BIG STEVE B CT STRENGTH WSL
Posted via Mobile Device

doubleedge
12-30-2010, 10:44 PM
Did you miss the whole Toyota recall that happened recently? Millions of Toyota units were affected, which makes 15,000 look like nothing. You probably missed every report that says the domestic automakers are quickly catching and in some cases passing the foreign automakers in quality too.

JB1
12-30-2010, 10:47 PM
if the recallwas all trucks, that would be about a week and a half of productions if they are superduty's.

HenryB
12-30-2010, 11:27 PM
:laugh:Did you miss the whole Toyota recall that happened recently? Millions of Toyota units were affected, which makes 15,000 look like nothing. You probably missed every report that says the domestic automakers are quickly catching and in some cases passing the foreign automakers in quality too.

I hope your right and we start making the best products on the planet. But right now my Ford trucks are driving me nuts.I've owned Ford Taurus, Focus, Explorers Fairmonts and many trucks.They are like a bad girlfriend that keeps abusing me and I keep taking them back for that one more chance:laugh::laugh:

johnnybravo8802
01-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Yea, but the fact remains that the only topic on this website seems to be the problems with the Ford trucks......for the last 4+ yrs!!!!! I'd really like to have a 450/550 but not with what I'm hearing. On top of that, the "old" proven Chevy/GMC just walked all over the new Ford with it's new engine in a shootout(Walked all over it)-That isn't saying much for Ford.

Marek
01-02-2011, 11:47 AM
When they are working they are great. But they spend way to much time in the shop.The 450-550 v10 trucks are fine,except or AC went up and it has been back to the shop 4 times for that, and the drive shaft came from the factory out of balance, causing two trips to the dealership and now the rear end is making noise. Its an 08 with 19 k on it it.

doubleedge
01-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Yea, but the fact remains that the only topic on this website seems to be the problems with the Ford trucks......for the last 4+ yrs!!!!! I'd really like to have a 450/550 but not with what I'm hearing. On top of that, the "old" proven Chevy/GMC just walked all over the new Ford with it's new engine in a shootout(Walked all over it)-That isn't saying much for Ford.

You understand that the 2011 Chevy HD has a new chassis and a heavily modified engine right?

And it didn't "walk all over it."

nepatsfan
01-02-2011, 04:17 PM
You understand that the 2011 Chevy HD has a new chassis and a heavily modified engine right?

And it didn't "walk all over it."

And the ford scorpion diesel walked all over chevy and dodge.

doubleedge
01-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Actually, the Duramax did win a max GCWR uphill test. It didn't win by a huge margin as johnnybravo8802 implied, though.

nepatsfan
01-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Actually, the Duramax did win a max GCWR uphill test. It didn't win by a huge margin as johnnybravo8802 implied, though.

well it depends on what test you look at.

Marek
01-02-2011, 07:48 PM
I could care less if the Frod did win the magazine tests. Those tests wont keep the trucks out of the shop. Wait till that new 6.7 in a 550 has a fuel tank that is rusting out from the inside out and starts sending all that rust thru the motor ! Will those couple of extra hp do you any good then ?

doubleedge
01-02-2011, 07:58 PM
I could care less if the Frod did win the magazine tests. Those tests wont keep the trucks out of the shop. Wait till that new 6.7 in a 550 has a fuel tank that is rusting out from the inside out and starts sending all that rust thru the motor ! Will those couple of extra hp do you any good then ?

That rust should be stopped by the fuel filter before it damages the engine. The trucks are largely new; do you know for sure that they haven't modified the cab and chassis fuel tanks?

It is still too early to start bashing the new 6.7 for reliability, considering that it is all new and was designed by Ford this time.

Marek
01-02-2011, 08:27 PM
The filter is the same as the one on the 6.4 . As for the tank I could not get an answer from anyone from Ford or my dealer who moves alot of commercial trucks. As for the 6.7 being reliable, your right, who knows. But I have been shafted by Ford already and will not give them another 55k to be a test dummy.If the new 6.7 isnt all that and a bag of chips then Ford is going to loose even more of thier market share in the 10 - 19 k truck range.

johnnybravo8802
01-03-2011, 01:38 AM
Actually, the Chevy did blow away the Ford in all of the comparison's-Up hill pull, braking, acceleration, engine brake, etc. According to the test, it was no-contest. It's the test that was posted on here. However, I'm mainly talking about the reliability of the Ford over the last several years-Ford has lost a lot of ground, especially considering how much they charge for a truck. A 2 ton truck that costs $50,000+ should last 300,000 and be bullet proof, no exceptions........!!!!!

nepatsfan
01-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Actually, the Chevy did blow away the Ford in all of the comparison's-Up hill pull, braking, acceleration, engine brake, etc. According to the test, it was no-contest. It's the test that was posted on here. However, I'm mainly talking about the reliability of the Ford over the last several years-Ford has lost a lot of ground, especially considering how much they charge for a truck. A 2 ton truck that costs $50,000+ should last 300,000 and be bullet proof, no exceptions........!!!!!

Who's tests? Don't just say they beat them in tests without showing the results....Were these your tests? A 1 ton truck should be able to pick up a plow without the front bumper hitting the ground.

meets1
01-07-2011, 02:50 PM
I would hook my new 11 d max up to any ford or dodge for that matter. Pulling everyday. This engine is awesome so far. That is real testing. Everyday life of working that truck
Posted via Mobile Device

nepatsfan
01-07-2011, 06:00 PM
I would hook my new 11 d max up to any ford or dodge for that matter. Pulling everyday. This engine is awesome so far. That is real testing. Everyday life of working that truck
Posted via Mobile Device

How do you like the 6.7 and the cummins every day. That isn't real testing because you dont drive the other 2 every day. You like your brand new duramax. Who wouldn't, its a brand new truck and a good engine. Anyone that is driving either of the other brands, provided they didn't have any problems with it, would say the exact same thing.

HenryB
01-07-2011, 06:14 PM
How do you like the 6.7 and the cummins every day. That isn't real testing because you dont drive the other 2 every day. You like your brand new duramax. Who wouldn't, its a brand new truck and a good engine. Anyone that is driving either of the other brands, provided they didn't have any problems with it, would say the exact same thing.

Actually many of these Ford issues are when they are very close to new. That's why it's so frustrating.

Marek
01-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Ford had one of our trucks for 68 days trying to fix it.

nepatsfan
01-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Actually many of these Ford issues are when they are very close to new. That's why it's so frustrating.

I thought we were talking about comparing the engine's capabilities. I clearly said that if you didn't have any problems with it. I am sure people with gm's and dodges could tell you similar stories. That wasn't what we were discussing

Integlawn
01-08-2011, 10:46 PM
I own about 20 trucks most of them are F250-F350 but some are Chevy. I have minor problems with both, after 80,000-100,000 miles they will need a transmission. But if I had to pull all that weight everyday I'd want to be refreshed also. A Toy wouldn't last long and replacing it would end up costing more. Remember keep the Green Side Up!

johnnybravo8802
01-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Who's tests? Don't just say they beat them in tests without showing the results....Were these your tests? A 1 ton truck should be able to pick up a plow without the front bumper hitting the ground.
The article is right here on lawnsite in this section.......look it up. They were both new trucks so apples to apples.