PDA

View Full Version : DOT requirments.

newjerseylandscaping
12-31-2010, 09:53 PM
Hey gys saw a few threds o DOT requirements. I wanted to know that they are. What is required to carry o your truck wile towing excetra. thanks. NJ

CurbGuyNC
12-31-2010, 11:55 PM
Start here to help you determine what you need.

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration-licensing/gettingstarted/guide0.10.htm

newjerseylandscaping
01-01-2011, 01:50 AM
Thanks, ill take a look

buttaluv
01-01-2011, 09:17 PM
I am having a time with them, I'll make a long story short....

I live in Missouri, Mow in Missouri & Kansas...Right Now, I have a 1/2 ton GMC with 12' trailer and a new 18' trailer (am looking into a 3/4 or 1 ton truck) that will put me over the 10,001 lb limit!

I got a notice from Missouri two weeks ago that I owed 76.00 for up to two vehicles...so I angrily sent a check...then I got a letter on Thursday that they couldn't process my UCR whatever because I owed another 76.00 for 2010!
Also Thursday I received a call from the Modot Motor Carrier that they wanted to do a new entrant Safety Audit....Great!!! He started asking me about my operation and telling me what I need to do!

I need a Million Dollar Liability insurance policy ( don't have that, there goes my premium)
have to have a federal annual safety inspection by a large equipment outfit (when I called the two local places and told them it was a 1/2 GMC...they laughed...out loud) there's another 55.00 bucks
driving history record...etc.etc.etc.

ok, so short story long...I am just frustrated, I've spent 8 or 900 dollars on this deal already...I just want to mow a little freaking grass!!! you hear all the politicians saying they want to help the small business's...BULL ****!!!

Right now I'm thinking ford ranger's pulling 12' trailers and the usdot can suck it!!!

sorry was that too much!!!

newjerseylandscaping
01-01-2011, 09:21 PM
HAHA thats what im worried about,