PDA

View Full Version : Auxiliary Fuel tanks

lawnspecialties
01-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Since my 6.4L sucks fuel like a funnel, I want to add some distance between fuel stops. One way is a replacement fuel tank or an auxiliary tank.

For those who've done this:
1. Any brands you prefer or stay away from?

2. If I get a replacement tank, I want as big as I can get. I see some brands in the 60+ gallon range. Any comments, for or against?

3. Is there any reasonable way to make an additional tank in the bed easily removable? In other words, if I need the whole bed of the truck for something, can I just unplug a hose and loosen some bolts and pull the tank out?

I have an '09 F350 SRW crew cab long-bed.

360ci
01-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Transfer Flow has the best reviews. However, they're a bit more expensive than most and if you live near by, they can even install it for you. For an extra fee of course.

Keep in mind larger tanks are built into what looks like a bed tool box. So, if you use your bed (all of it) regularly enough you'll want to keep an underfloor tank. Longboxes have more options due to the additional wheelbase they provide.

Most bed tanks are hard mounted for DOT and safety reasons. If all else fails you can take the cheap and easy way out, and carry some fuel cans (somewhere).