PDA

View Full Version : New Machine

rcreech
01-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Here is my newest machine.

Have not used it but have played on it and really like it.

It will be replacing my 2008 Perma Green. It has many advantages over the already proven PG Magnum!

ted putnam
01-01-2011, 06:19 PM
I like how the "guts" of that thing look well protected from fert dust and debris.What was the final price on that little jewel if ya don't mind me asking?

sedge
01-01-2011, 07:04 PM
I can't make out the name, who makes it?

ted putnam
01-01-2011, 07:16 PM
I can't make out the name, who makes it?

It's a Ground Logic. I looked hard at one of those 2 yrs ago before I bought the Z. I think they changed the handle controls a little since then but it looks pretty much the same. It looks like it's built well. I'm very interested in reviews from Creech later this spring.

rcreech
01-01-2011, 08:22 PM
It is a Ground Logic Pathfinder.

I looked and looked for a PG Magnum with little to no hours and couldn't find one. Thank God I found this machine as it is identical but better...and it is new!

I didn't really want to buy an 08 model with low hours.

Ted,

I don't remember what I paid for it but I will check when I get back to the office. I am almost sure it cost $6695.

The machine is almost exactly like the PG Magnum but it is faster, all stainless, the sulky and breaks are better and it has a pressure guage. The best thing to me is it has a Spyker spreader.

I will definitely keep you guys updated but Brice (owner) seems like a great guy and I think that he will do great when it comes to service. I have called him several times and he always calls me back promptly.

I am still a Z guy and think they are the best...but I just felt this machine was best for me in this situation. I needed a machine to go on a rack and be wanted a smaller machine.

grassman177
01-01-2011, 08:27 PM
I think it looks like it has very easy controls to use
Posted via Mobile Device

ted putnam
01-01-2011, 08:59 PM
It is a Ground Logic Pathfinder.

I looked and looked for a PG Magnum with little to no hours and couldn't find one. Thank God I found this machine as it is identical but better...and it is new!

I didn't really want to buy an 08 model with low hours.

Ted,

I don't remember what I paid for it but I will check when I get back to the office. I am almost sure it cost $6695.

The machine is almost exactly like the PG Magnum but it is faster, all stainless, the sulky and breaks are better and it has a pressure guage. The best thing to me is it has a Spyker spreader.

I will definitely keep you guys updated but Brice (owner) seems like a great guy and I think that he will do great when it comes to service. I have called him several times and he always calls me back promptly.

I am still a Z guy and think they are the best...but I just felt this machine was best for me in this situation. I needed a machine to go on a rack and be wanted a smaller machine.

This can be one of the great things about going with the smaller outfit, not that LT Rich isn't awesome in their customer service. Keep us updated!

ant
01-01-2011, 10:04 PM
good luck.. looks like a money maker..

gregory
01-01-2011, 10:26 PM
looks like a well built machine. i think i would also pick it over a pg also.

RigglePLC
01-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Sweet. What horsepower? What is source of power to drive the pump? What source of power drives the spinner? How many nozzles? Trim nozzle? Spray width in feet? Gallons per 1000 sqft?

indyturf
01-02-2011, 01:17 PM
looks like a very well built machine! I have said for a long time PG should have kept the Centri design and just improved it!
Sure you don't want to start a "G" team??

ted putnam
01-02-2011, 01:30 PM
looks like a very well built machine! I have said for a long time PG should have kept the Centri design and just improved it!
Sure you don't want to start a "G" team??

........or be called a "G-man":laugh::laugh:

sweetjetskier
01-02-2011, 02:58 PM
What size hopper does it have on it?
I am not familiar with spyker hoppers.

The Groundlogic spreader has been around for a while now,but they seem to be advertising more in the green industry magazines.
Posted via Mobile Device

NattyLawn
01-02-2011, 08:06 PM
What size hopper does it have on it?
I am not familiar with spyker hoppers.

The Groundlogic spreader has been around for a while now,but they seem to be advertising more in the green industry magazines.
Posted via Mobile Device

120lb hopper.

http://www.groundlogicinc.com/pdf/Pathfinder%20Spec%20Sheet.pdf

sweetjetskier
01-02-2011, 08:37 PM
One thing that does stand out to me is the handlebar angle,somewhat like the exmark walk behinds with the more ergonomic handle design.

The controls at the handlebars seem very well laid out, simple, easy to reach.

You have to love a 2.5 gas tank!

A guess that the spray system covers 50,000 sq ft a tank in high gear, wide spray?
Posted via Mobile Device

rcreech
01-03-2011, 08:19 AM
Sweet. What horsepower? What is source of power to drive the pump? What source of power drives the spinner? How many nozzles? Trim nozzle? Spray width in feet? Gallons per 1000 sqft?

I don't know how to say this other then...it is pretty much exactly like the PG only upgraded with many different things including a Spyker hopper, better handle bars etc.

Pretty much same motor, same pump, same nozzles etc.

I have not calibrated but sure that the spray width and everything will be the same.

americanlawn
01-03-2011, 07:56 PM
I posted this 2 years ago when our local Scotts Lawn Care ditched their PG's and swapped out their PG's for Ground Logic units. My local Scotts buds liked them very much compared to their previous PG units. Bottom line: it's merely an upgrade to a PG Ultra.

New stuff coming down the pike regarding Scotts Lawn Care equipment. Other Nationally known guys too. You all take care now. :usflag:

rcreech
01-03-2011, 08:26 PM
I posted this 2 years ago when our local Scotts Lawn Care ditched their PG's and swapped out their PG's for Ground Logic units. My local Scotts buds liked them very much compared to their previous PG units. Bottom line: it's merely an upgrade to a PG Ultra.

You mean Magnum Larry!
:)

That is my exact thoguhts!

Take a very good machine and make it a little better!

ted putnam
01-03-2011, 09:39 PM
You mean Magnum Larry!

That is my exact thoguhts!

Take a very good machine and make it a little better!

I just think the Pathfinder is a very solid looking machine and I'm sure an improvement over the Magnum. All stainless steel and the spyker hopper are great selling points.(Always did hate the 3 hole hopper on the Ultra) It doesn't really matter what the "national" guys are doing as long as whatever equipment you choose works for YOU. I've always had better things to do than worry about them anyway. None of the national chains even use ride-ons around here.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Spoke to Brice at the MN Green Expo today. Looked at his demo's on the floor. Sharp looking ride ons. Short and compact - if you like the articulating PG style you will like this one. Controls seems simple and intuitive. And as stated before, this unit is really sealed up nice with stainless, keeping that fert residue off the guts.

One guy asked how the pump and impeller are run. Brice said ground driven.

I also looked at the Cub XP unit today. $3,900 for the Cub vs. $6200 for this one.
Is this unit that much better than the Cub? Not sure. But I like it a fair bit more than the Cub, even before driving/testing it. Now can a solo guy justify such a purch?

Also, ted was right in stating the big chains don't run ride ons. From my experience using even an old Centri, ride on is the way to go for nearly all lawns, man!

americanlawn
01-05-2011, 09:52 PM
My local Scotts Lawn Care buds have been running them here for the past two years. They like 'em alot, and they transport them on "carrier racks". :walking: Seems the 2011 HPS/XPS has improved as well -- nice to see those guys improve their equipment.

Keep in mind that we thoroughly demo'd Ground Logic, LT Rich products, the Triumph, and the T3000. So I guess I might throw in my opinion as to what we choose to run everyday in our business ......or maybe not. :laugh:

Good luck, T-Man :usflag::canadaflag:

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-05-2011, 09:56 PM
I correct the last post I threw on here....the Ground Logic Pathfinder is $6800 NOT $6200.

americanlawn
01-05-2011, 10:06 PM
$6800 is overpriced. Spend another $2000 on a T or a Z. One should also check out the company's history.......TURFCO RULES regarding this. My 2 cents.

ted putnam
01-05-2011, 10:26 PM
My local Scotts Lawn Care buds have been running them here for the past two years. They like 'em alot, and they transport them on "carrier racks". :walking: Seems the 2011 HPS/XPS has improved as well -- nice to see those guys improve their equipment.

Keep in mind that we thoroughly demo'd Ground Logic, LT Rich products, the Triumph, and the T3000. So I guess I might throw in my opinion as to what we choose to run everyday in our business ......or maybe not. :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

CHARLES CUE
01-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Spoke to Brice at the MN Green Expo today. Looked at his demo's on the floor. Sharp looking ride ons. Short and compact - if you like the articulating PG style you will like this one. Controls seems simple and intuitive. And as stated before, this unit is really sealed up nice with stainless, keeping that fert residue off the guts.

One guy asked how the pump and impeller are run. Brice said ground driven.

I also looked at the Cub XP unit today. $3,900 for the Cub vs. $6200 for this one.
Is this unit that much better than the Cub? Not sure. But I like it a fair bit more than the Cub, even before driving/testing it. Now can a solo guy justify such a purch?

Also, ted was right in stating the big chains don't run ride ons. From my experience using even an old Centri, ride on is the way to go for nearly all lawns, man!

Is't the Cub XP more in your price range and you get a new mechine.

Run this for a while than move up.

Charles Cue

sprayboy
01-05-2011, 11:04 PM

What is your definition of a thoroughly demo?

RigglePLC
01-05-2011, 11:19 PM
"Closed up with stainless steel so the fert doesn't get to the works." Do not assume the fert will not get on the motor or underneath the machine. In fact, if they use the Peerless transmission or anything similar with an aluminum outer case--the aluminum is susceptible to corrosion as the cooling fins trap particles of fert and water--eventually the corrosion eats through the tranny case. Same problem on the bottom of the motor crankcase--unless it can be rinsed underneath--now standard on the Magnum.
Website http://www.groundlogicinc.com/#
Does not say "ground driven" in fact website says front cowl is easily removed for access to "pump, spinner gearbox and pulleys".

I am thinking this means the spinner is driven by a jackshaft, and the pump by a pulley. Can anybody confirm this?

Lux Lawn
01-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Nice looking machine.
Good luck with it.

ted putnam
01-05-2011, 11:35 PM
What is your definition of a thoroughly demo?

Tempting...but I'll leave this one alone. Even after the the "below the belt" comment made to Charles yesterday....

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-06-2011, 12:55 AM
I am just quoting Brice with Ground Logic from the show today, guys.
Don't throw the baby out with the washwater.

byHISgrace
01-09-2011, 02:27 AM
Here is my newest machine.

Have not used it but have played on it and really like it.

It will be replacing my 2008 Perma Green. It has many advantages over the already proven PG Magnum!

I'm looking to buy a stand-on spreader this year. I was wondering if you could compare and contrast the LT Rich Intermediate 36 and the Ground Logic Pathfinder? I need a machine that fits thru 36" gates and handles hillsides the best. Thanks. Matt

rcreech
01-09-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm looking to buy a stand-on spreader this year. I was wondering if you could compare and contrast the LT Rich Intermediate 36 and the Ground Logic Pathfinder? I need a machine that fits thru 36" gates and handles hillsides the best. Thanks. Matt

Honestly it would be very hard for me to compare the Z Spray to the Ground Logic.

They are two totally different machines. I personally think that Z Spray is by far the best machine on the market...HOWEVER, other machines have their niche!

The ONLY reason we kept our PG Magnums and now updated to the Ground Logic is for the same reasons you listed what you are looking for.

Hills and Gates. And when I say hills...the Z Int and Z Max does great on hills but when you get down to the Jr and Jr 36 is doesn't do as well due to the narrow wheel base.

If you do not have a lot of hills or gates then the Z is a much better machine.

I have 2 Z-Sprays and the only reason I am running a GL is so we can continue to run a rack on the back of the pick up and go through gates.

Just comparing the Z Jr to the Ground Logic...the biggest differences to me would be:

Z Spray has more liquid capacity
Z Spray is built like a tank
Z Spray has awesome manuverability
Service and Company is TOP NOTCH

Ground Logic sticks hills better (only Jr or Jr 36)
Ground Logic is 36"
Ground Logic can be hauled on the back of truck rack
So far customer service has been GREAT!

Both machine are awesome and that is the only way they have worked their way in my line up.

There are other machines out there too...but you have to look at getting the best value for your dollar!

rcreech
01-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Just to clarify..also, I think you meant Jr36 but you said Intermediate 36.

The Intermediate and Max does awesome on ANY hill but with the wheel base on the Jr and Jr 36 it just can't hold as well!

americanlawn
01-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Regarding "demo hours", I figure 2 -3 hours is enough to compare each unit (unless one is inexperienced regarding ride-on sprayer/spreaders in the first place). Also keep in mind that we have been able to demo "Ground Solutions units" on SEVERAL occasions .... plus, two of my former employees are still friends of mine, and they run them on a daily basis in our town -- these guys love them, and I trust their opinions.

We demo'd Z's, T's, PG's, and CL's for more than 2 hours each. All were from 0 miles to 480 miles from us when we demo'd them. Our least amount of time spent "trying out a unit" was in regard to TURFCO's T3000 >> this only took 30 minutes or so, and the demo took place at our facility. NOTE: This is also the same reason we have not ruled out purchasing a Lawn Solutions "ride-on" aerator.

Rodney -- last time I spoke with Brice, he said they were trying to increase the spray volume to improve weed control. Do the 2011 units have this?

Also, have you considered adding more RV anti-freeze to the tires for even better stability on slopes?

I'll be at our state's annual turf grass conference later this month. I know of at least five "ride-on sprayer/spreader units" that will be displayed. While this beats having to drive 500 miles, it will still not enable us to "test drive" any of them.

robertsturf
01-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Regarding "demo hours", I figure 2 -3 hours is enough to compare each unit (unless one is inexperienced regarding ride-on sprayer/spreaders in the first place). Also keep in mind that we have been able to demo "Ground Solutions units" on SEVERAL occasions .... plus, two of my former employees are still friends of mine, and they run them on a daily basis in our town -- these guys love them, and I trust their opinions.

We demo'd Z's, T's, PG's, and CL's for more than 2 hours each. All were from 0 miles to 480 miles from us when we demo'd them. Our least amount of time spent "trying out a unit" was in regard to TURFCO's T3000 >> this only took 30 minutes or so, and the demo took place at our facility. NOTE: This is also the same reason we have not ruled out purchasing a Lawn Solutions "ride-on" aerator.

Rodney -- last time I spoke with Brice, he said they were trying to increase the spray volume to improve weed control. Do the 2011 units have this?

Also, have you considered adding more RV anti-freeze to the tires for even better stability on slopes?

I'll be at our state's annual turf grass conference later this month. I know of at least five "ride-on sprayer/spreader units" that will be displayed. While this beats having to drive 500 miles, it will still not enable us to "test drive" any of them.

Larry, My Intermediate should be there too, as I am supposed to pick it up there! You should say hi! BTW I did demo the "T" for more than a couple hrs earlier this year, great machine, but doesn't fit my body-type!

americanlawn
01-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Sounds good buddy. When I attend the IA Turf Conference, I always look forward to visit with Andy. Great guy -- just like his company. Planning on going Wednesday Jan 19 in late afternoon so I don't have to pay. :laugh::laugh: Just hope we ain't plowin' snow. :cry:

rcreech
01-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Larry,

How long did you run the Z Spray?
I was told you were only there 15 minutes and just rode it around a couple minutes!

Are you sure you are giving the Z a fair shake? :)

I think you need to go run it a true 2 hours so you can throw frisbies!

You are a Z-MAN in the making buddy!

LOL

ted putnam
01-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Larry,

I was told you were only there 15 minutes and just rode it around a couple minutes!

LOL

I thought he showed up there on a Sunday afternoon on his way somewhere else and they were closed (go figure). He says folks in his area are dumping Z's left and right for other machines. The only "Z dumping" I've heard about (other than from him) is folks getting rid of what they've got to upgrade with another LT Rich product.

br549oicu8
01-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Larry,

LOL

Good try, Trent. He'll never switch.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-11-2011, 01:41 AM
Why does everyone want Larry to switch to a Z?

grassman177
01-11-2011, 03:49 AM
i dont know, and who cares what larry uses. he is in love with this machine and it makes him money.

sprayboy
01-11-2011, 04:45 PM

I don't care what Larry uses.
I run a Z and always will. I know what the Z will do and I don't need anyone telling me what it won't do. Especially someone who runs something else.

rcreech
01-11-2011, 05:11 PM

I was play n with Larry!
I too could care less who runs what!

Just a funny thing that has been going on for a while!

I hope nobody around me runs a Z because I don't want them to be as effecient as I am!

americanlawn
01-11-2011, 06:56 PM
I here ya RC --- I'd still like to see you & my "right-hand-man" go head to head in a productivity contest regarding ride-on production. (RC - you know who he is) My money is on MY guy. :usflag:

He and I also spent over two hours in Lebanon driving all Z sizes. (just ask Scott, the parts guy for LT Rich) We also had a chance to see their carriers. So those folks saying it ain't true are certainly incorrect .... BTW I still run a truck bought from Andy Mohr, Indianapolis that we purchased that same weekend. Anybody need a pic of the Andy Mohr/Indianapolis decal? I can post a pic, cuz that's the best I can do right now from here. BTW that was a 500-mile trip (each way) for us. :cry:

About seriously testing equipment: WE were the only ones who did NOT go out to the bars the night before the TURFCO T3000 demonstration. :walking:

Any more questions? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ted putnam
01-11-2011, 07:27 PM
]I don't care what Larry uses[/B].
I run a Z and always will.

Agreed.

I know what the Z will do and I don't need anyone telling me what it won't do. Especially someone who runs something else.

Agreed......

sprayboy
01-11-2011, 10:52 PM
I here ya RC --- I'd still like to see you & my "right-hand-man" go head to head in a productivity contest regarding ride-on production. (RC - you know who he is) My money is on MY guy. :usflag:

He and I also spent over two hours in Lebanon driving all Z sizes. (just ask Scott, the parts guy for LT Rich) We also had a chance to see their carriers. So those folks saying it ain't true are certainly incorrect .... BTW I still run a truck bought from Andy Mohr, Indianapolis that we purchased that same weekend. Anybody need a pic of the Andy Mohr/Indianapolis decal? I can post a pic, cuz that's the best I can do right now from here. BTW that was a 500-mile trip (each way) for us. :cry:

About seriously testing equipment: WE were the only ones who did NOT go out to the bars the night before the TURFCO T3000 demonstration. :walking:

Any more questions? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jealous?.............Who in the he ll on this site do you think is jealous cause they don't have a T?

There might be some guys that are very small operators that can't justify a ride-on at this time.

That's hilarious

rcreech
01-12-2011, 08:46 AM

Larry,

I am not going to make this a contest...but I ran ride ons for 3.5 years before taking my business to a new level and now I no longer have to run one.

But I will tell you that once a person has ran a ride on for several months they are no better or worse then a guy that has ran one for 10 years.

A have always said that a factory worker with 20 years of experience is really a guy that has 5 years of experience 4 times! That is the same thing for most jobs including running a ride on!

As far as production and effeciency...if I was on my Z Max and you on your T I would ALWAYS do more then you because of capacity.

You can't argue that a 60+ gallon machine that will hold 250# of fert running the same speed can't out produce a 16 gallon machine with a 120# hopper!

It is all about capacity!

NattyLawn
01-12-2011, 12:45 PM
I would like to see Larry's guy do production work, run estimates, do service calls, spray RoundUp in some beds or insect control (with an aux. tank) rather than have a production pissing contest. I know plenty of guys that can outproduce me, that's really not the issue here Larry. It's about using a machine to maximize output and efficiency or quality vs quantity.

ecolawnglenn
11-30-2012, 06:09 PM
do you want to sell your permagreen

ted putnam
11-30-2012, 10:47 PM
do you want to sell your permagreen

The posts in this thread are almost 2 yrs old. I think they banned Larry, not sure about that and I think RCreech went to Z's and Ground Logics quite a while back...

Point is, this thread is old

Check equipment marketplace forum. Maybe someone has a PG for sale there.

ecolawnglenn
12-01-2012, 12:44 PM
thankyou for responding. how are the ground logic spreaders

ted putnam
12-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Rodney, "RCreech" loves them. Since he's actually used them, maybe he'll respond and give you a little more info.

rcreech
12-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Rodney, "RCreech" loves them. Since he's actually used them, maybe he'll respond and give you a little more info.

Ted,

Hope things are going well as it has been a while since we have talked. Hope you have had a great year.

Yes I am a huge fan of the Ground Logic. Seems like I just started this post a few months ago...boy how time flies!

Just to re-cap we did start with the PG Magnums and they were a great machine. We then went with the Z-Spray units which I still think that BY FAR it is the best machine on the market and the best built machine you can buy!!!!!

But....

As we have grown and added personnel it was harder for us to train guys and turn them loose on the Z's. They are also a lil harder to transport.

Thank goodness Ground Logic came out with a machine almost identical to the PG Magnums only better.

We currently have 4 GL's and are getting ready to add another to replace a Z Jr we just sold and also adding another for a back up machine.

So we will have 6 GL machines total but will also be running a Z Max that is a STUD on larger props.

Compared to the PG Mag the machine is faster, stays much cleaner under the covers, has a better hopper (spyker), can go through almost any gate, and can turn quicker. The guys love them and best of all they can be hauled on a carrier rack.

Also GL offers great service. Brice is awesome to work with.

If I was a solo I would probably go with the Z...but the GL is good for a fleet unit.

If you have any questions let me know!

grassman177
12-02-2012, 01:36 PM
wow rodney, growing nicely it sounds. i think the GL is a great machine, if you like that kind of wear and tear on your body. i cant handle all that pivoting crap like a sulky. i will take zero turn any day of the week.

rcreech
12-02-2012, 05:26 PM
We have truly been blessed!!!

We have built a very good name, have a great team and have a killer salesman!

I am doing less and less and the buisness is growing faster and better then ever.

How is business for you?

As far as the GL the guys have very few issues or complaints. They really like the GL's. I agree that the z is an awesome machine but just doesn't fit our model right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

LLandscaping
12-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Rcreech,
How well do the Ground Logics hold hills? Did you consider the new zspray junior 36R?

meets1
12-02-2012, 09:41 PM
I went to gie and demoed and looked once since. I didn't like there handle bars and swivel action. Marlo's didn't like the pull starter rope way under the machine. Seems like a knuckle buster or rope rubbing to break the rope. Simple and easy to use though. Same set up as pg machine I think. I have two pgs and there ok, but ........ I did like the z spray but I need a smaller machine, hills, etc. I did like them though. First time I witnesses one, demoed one, and seen one.

Turf Logic
12-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Rodney, How do you like using the box trucks to spray out of? What are you using to get the zspray in the back of the box or are you guys using a trailer?

rcreech
12-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Rodney, How do you like using the box trucks to spray out of? What are you using to get the zspray in the back of the box or are you guys using a trailer?

I actually have the box truck for sale at this time. It is totally awesome to spray out of. We love it!!!!

I have a sweet deal on it if you are looking for one. I am pretty much giving it away (or feel like it).

If you look at my pics under the profile you will see pics on the ramp we built.

Z's go up the ramp awesome but the GL's don't go up the ramp as well because they are a little lighter.

The main problem is about 30% of our business is seeding/renovation work and we need a truck that can be used for both seeding and spraying. So I am replacing the box truck with a pickup or possible dump truck.

If we were only spraying and didn't seed I would probably have all box trucks.

byHISgrace
12-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Turf Logic
12-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Rodney pm me the details, I'm looking to buy one in the next 30 days.
Posted via Mobile Device

rcreech
12-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Rodney pm me the details, I'm looking to buy one in the next 30 days.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry as I didn't see your post until just now.

The truck is sold but if for some reason the deal doesn't happen I will let you know.

Thanks!
RC

americanlawn
12-16-2012, 04:59 PM
I would like to see Larry's guy do production work, run estimates, do service calls, spray RoundUp in some beds or insect control (with an aux. tank) rather than have a production pissing contest. I know plenty of guys that can outproduce me, that's really not the issue here Larry. It's about using a machine to maximize output and efficiency or quality vs quantity.

That's what I was thinking too. Thanks.