PDA

View Full Version : talstar for all

ant
08-29-2002, 06:25 PM
well i should say mostly all clients.

this season was a ipm nightnmare for me...
slow growing turf,water restrictions,watering at night...26 days stright in the 90's...
i know what you going to say ...EDUCATE THE CLIENT... sometimes it's hard to do with there fast lifestyle...you know you can tell them till you are blue in the face...they still will not follow your directions..

well when the sh-- hits the fan the applicator is the bad guy..

i have 6 lawns in a row. if one goes for aeration with in a week i will be doing them all.thats how its been.

well....last yr. i pushed core aeration to those 6 lawns that had heavy thatch. they are 3 yrs. old and i picked them up 3/01 {all six.}each lawn totals from 36,000-47,000 sf. each has 6000 sf of bluegrass sod in front and sides... backs were seeded with team mates plus by the contractor at time on construction and THEY FILLED IN NICE...

the fronts is were i am having problems...chinch bugs,sod web worms... i pushed aerations but they feel it not needed...the fronts are green till the heat hits and damange starts..and when you need to put down and insecticide on the fronts at 75.00 they cry...

well next yr. insecticide is in my step program for 2003.
as it is now there is no fungicide or insecide in my program.

some foaks don't wont to here it ...they wont a green lawn and what ever it takes to do it they wont it done...

IPM is a good thing if things are done right and it has it's place.
lawns that have a history of insects should be applicated with insecticide if it warrents...and me as a applicator my rear end is covered...

NOW THAT I AM DONE CRYING.......

what do you guys think?

anthony:cry:

Pilgrims' Pride
08-30-2002, 05:35 AM
Hey Ant

I try and educate my customers as well. Some listen, some don't.

More importantly, I try to get a "blank check" from accounts when I sell them.

That is, I introduce the fert program, I explain that for the most part that should be all that is needed.
But occasionally a situation (like sod webworm, army worm, chinche bugs) will come up.

I ask at the time of sale that if I arrive on the property and find some problem that needs additional treatment can I have permission to go ahead and treat.

I remind them that they are hiring me to make the property look nice and I want to feel I have the freedom to do that.

I tell them that for the most part an additional treatment would never cost much more than a regular visit and that if there were a situation where an expensive treatment were needed, (fungicide) I would discuss it with them first.

This approach usually works well for me.

Hope this helps.

Bob