PDA

View Full Version : Grading costs

paul
08-29-2002, 10:40 PM
We just finished a rather large seeding job a bit over 15 acres and I want to share some costs to see if they are in line with others............

This included 16,000 sq yds of erosion control blanket, grading, ( we had 8 rain days so had to re tractor rake a couple of times some areas), tractor seed with brillion seeder, and hydro mulch with 2000 lbs of mulch per acre.

total Labor including travel 466 hrs cost per sq yd was $0.24
sub contracted land leveler (twice) and tilling $.06 per sq yd

How does this compare with others out there??

The Good Earth
08-30-2002, 12:44 AM
Man I hate to question you Paul but it seems a bit low to me. When you say "land leveler" I am assuming prep work with a tractor or skidsteer with a harley rake attatchment.

Was the job commercial or residential? Just wondering because of prevailing wage issues. I know from your past posts that some of your boys come from the hall and those kids ain't cheap!!:D

paul
08-30-2002, 07:42 AM
Landleveler is a machine that cuts a 14' wide path , it fiils in holes and cuts high areas.

If you look at the numbers the costs (without material) labor only run over $37 per hr.

it was a commerical job, soccer fields.

The Good Earth
08-30-2002, 12:34 PM
Now I am really lost!!

3 and 1/3 acres of the 15 was hydromulched? What was the specs on the rest of the job? That is where I am lost. Just can't get all the numbers in my head to come out right.

I would say, on the surface, .24 for seeding and hydromulching 3 1/3 acres is low compared to what I would charge but I don't know all the specifics on the job.

paul
08-30-2002, 07:03 PM
Remember this is just labor for this job. 3.4 acres was blanket the rest was hydromulch. this does not include cost of seed or mulch or blanket just LABOR to grade, seed, install blanket, and hydro mulch.

The Good Earth
08-31-2002, 12:07 AM
.24 just for labor is darn good.:) Probably a little more than I would get in these parts. It is in line with what I would charge, just a bit on the high side is all.