PDA

View Full Version : Best accounting software

srl28
01-03-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm sure this has been debated before on here and I dont want this turning into a sh$! storm of a debate about what system is best. Mainly looking to see what landscape/lawn care company geared accounting software is out there and the quick pros and cons of each.

Looking to start over/start fresh for 2011 and on

lawnpro724
01-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Quickbooks Pro is hands down the best business software period. I've been using it since 98 and if your serious about keeping track of how your business is doing this is the software to use. Do a search on this topic or do a search for Quickbooks pro. and you should get all the information you need.

xclusive
01-06-2011, 06:29 PM
I use Quickbooks Pro as well and think its great. I have looked into other software but I didnt like any of them. Its a pain to learn and I am constantly learning new things but well worth the money. Iam actually thinking about upgrading to the Premier version this year.

srl28
01-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Any advantge to the premier edition? We will be using quickbooks pro along with the enhanced payroll add on software for it. Should take care of everything. Estimates are done on our own without quickbooks, so is routing and tracking so really it just needs to be an accounting tool, easy prep and all for taxes and payroll too

xclusive
01-06-2011, 07:54 PM
One of the main reasons for switching is it offers a price leveling. This is beneficial for me cause I have different weekly maintenance prices. From what I read it will also store that pricing information so the next month when I go to create an invoice for my clients it will rember that price instead of me having to rember all the different prices.

srl28
01-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Seems like the quickbooks pro would work best for us, along with the enhanced payroll add on software. Looking forward to getting things setup and better organized this year.

Lefet
01-06-2011, 09:26 PM
I'd like to add QB Pro too for the accounting portion. I really want to track my spending down to the penny.

srl28
01-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Thats what I'm looking for too. That and when the time comes to do our taxes, all of our info is there and ready to go in a neat fashion. Should save us time and money overall and all around. Have an older version of QB now but we re using maybe 10% of what it can do and it needs to be updated.

Lefet
01-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Thats what I want to capitalize on this year. Have other software that does everything else. Funny though, most accountants I've been talking too said they didn't care whether I used that or not. (Trying to find one I'll keep). But I think they may have been just telling me that because they charge by the hour. QB would save them a boat load of time.

srl28
01-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Of course they wouldnt care, without a good program your info and facts are all over the place and thus they can bill out more time lol!

What other programs are you using?

Lefet
01-06-2011, 09:59 PM
I actually use LawnPro. I know it gets bashed alot, but I've had no problems. It does everything I need at the moment. Except break down the expenditures. Just gives you all profit/all loss. Can't see how much on gas, equipment, etc. I'm sure I'll outgrow it soon, but they just came out with a new version. I'll probably hold off on getting it to get QB to run side by side. I'm neurotic with details (VERY anal) Need to know everything and what I can tweak.
What are you using?

srl28
01-06-2011, 10:22 PM
I'll be honest--not much

Run a 4 to5 employee company with quickbooks for invoicing, we type up our estimates individually. Contracts are basically a template that we designed and saved. Routing is almost non existent. The first week or so in the Spring is somewhat of a tweaking and trial and error. Works for us and has in the past so its stuck but we continue to grow and need to upgrade and change

Lefet
01-06-2011, 10:34 PM
I would recommend Lawn Pro. It's user friendly, pretty straight forward. I got it not knowing what I would need it to do. (took over my fathers business)
It's only 97 dollars. The only thing it doesn't have is the fert app info. But other than that, you put in what you want, services, schedules, etc. It will even map your route with google maps. Invoice all at once. I think it's okay. Has templates for estimates you print out, go to the job, come back, type it in then if accepted, turns it into an invoice.
Growth is good, no, growth is GREAT, we just have to find ways for what we've been doing, to do it better, quicker. Time is money.