PDA

View Full Version : Regular Cab vs. Extended/Crew Cab

93Chevy
01-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Just wanted to see everybody's opinion on what type of cab they prefer. Right now my personal/work truck is an extended cab. I had a couple regular cab trucks before and I don't think I could ever get another. I love having the room in the back seat for tools, extra clothes, or a dry area for luggage.

I'm not looking to get another truck, but I just wanted to see what everybody else liked.

zak406
01-05-2011, 05:42 PM
reg cab its getting harder and harder to find a 8 ft bed in anything but a regular cab and to me a 8 ft bed is a must!! not to mention in my opinion i think regular cabs look awsome..

Forever Green Landscaping
01-05-2011, 05:53 PM
I agree that an 8' bed is essential. The only problem is once you get into a crew cab the truck just keeps getting longer and can be harder to find a place to park. I agree that it is nice to have that extra room for those items you don't want to put in the bed. For the most part I would rather have that extra 2'-3' from a cab and add it to my trailer and fit in a similar spot.

Forever Green Landscaping
01-05-2011, 05:56 PM
As a personal vehicle I have a crew cab with a short bed to be able to go out with friends and family to have more room. For a lawn truck I would have a regular cab with a long bed because I won't send out more then 3 man crew to mow.

gasracer
01-05-2011, 06:12 PM
I don't plan on hauling "friends" around in my truck I have a regular cab with a 8ft bed and wouldn't have anything else. If you need a 4 door truck to carry your family you don't need a truck you need a SUV.
They do make a 4 door with a 8ft bed but you couldn't pull a trailer and turn it around in a 5 acre field.

BlackBirdWS.6
01-05-2011, 06:46 PM
For work nothing better then an ol' fashion farm truck reg cab/long bed, enough room inside and enough bed space for everything. IMO

STIHL GUY
01-05-2011, 07:22 PM
i just got a reg cab last spring. i love it and woudnt have anything else

doubleedge
01-05-2011, 07:37 PM
For work, I prefer regular cab. My 2004 f250 with 2 bucket seats and no center console is actually very roomy. There is plenty of space between and behind the seats for storage.

Dodge2
01-05-2011, 09:04 PM
I like extended cabs with an 8 foot box, because an 6 foot box is always a bit too small when hauling anything, and then you can always squeeze a couple of people in the back of it when you need to( they don't pay for the truck anyways). But there are very hard to find now where I am, and there is a huge price difference, so I will be buying a reg cab WT model.

GravelyGuy
01-05-2011, 09:17 PM
If you ever have passengers, crew cab is the only way to go! Extended cabs are miserable for passengers.

93Chevy
01-05-2011, 09:25 PM
If you ever have passengers, crew cab is the only way to go! Extended cabs are miserable for passengers.

Yeah...it is a pain...especially with my truck...They didn't put the extended cab doors on until the next model year. It's such a pain crawling in behind the seats or shoving boxes behind the seats.

I'd rather have a crew cab long bed, but I can't really afford another truck right now. Hopefully sometimes soon though. That would be perfect.

SNAPPER MAN
01-05-2011, 09:35 PM
I don't know how you guys get by with regular cabs. There are many times we run 4 man crews and with a reg cab that would not be a fun ride.
Posted via Mobile Device

knox gsl
01-05-2011, 09:43 PM
For work I like a regular cab and long bed, but for family and after work a 4 door and short bed.

JShe8918
01-05-2011, 10:06 PM
A crew cab is a must and a mega cab would be even BETTER! I hate using my extended cab simply not enough room for passengers

Evan528
01-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Both of my trucks are crew cabs and wouldnt have it any other way. I love having the extra space in the back.

I also prefer some distance between me and the guys in the truck when its 95 degrees out and someone forgot to wear that deodorant that day!