PDA

View Full Version : enclosed trailer advertising

stevenf
01-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Considering an enclosed trailer. I want to taget higher end customers and commercial work and in my opinion, an enclosed with logos looks just that.
Just wanted to see if you guys who switched to enclosed have had a good response with your graphics advertising?
Posted via Mobile Device

djlunchbox
01-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Subscribing , wondering the same
Posted via Mobile Device

lawnpro724
01-06-2011, 04:48 PM
My trucks are all lettered up all the way around from one side to the other including tailgate and I get a ton of calls from people seeing my trucks. My trailers all have lettering on them but they are open landscape trailers. From the response I get from my trucks and trailers I would guess an enclosed trailer would look like a rolling billboard that would get lots of attention. I keep everything looking clean and I have eye catching lettering and design that pops and gets noticed. Do the same and you should do well. Good luck.

Puddle of Oil
06-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Bump! looking to do the same next year, any more thoughts on this?

Dtauriac
06-07-2011, 12:46 AM
I'm in Atlanta and I rely on my truck and magnetic sign. I just started my business in 10/2010 and I did a consult on two 6 figure properties. I think by building a professional rep and displaying professional character will get you more than you could imagine. One thing this line of work has been missing in professionalism (in my opinion) and that's what I strive to bring to the field.

THEGOLDPRO
06-07-2011, 12:48 AM
you rely on magnetic signs??? are you being serious?

GreenI.A.
06-07-2011, 05:09 PM
My trucks are all lettered up. I have gotten enough jobs from it that it quickly paid for itself. one thing I did with my enclosed is that I left an area unlettered on the sides of the trailer and half off the back. I then made up brackets and have different 3x4 signs that slide in for different advertising. The whole thing is wrapped but I can change the one add depending on the time of year
Posted via Mobile Device

nobagger
06-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Considering an enclosed trailer. I want to taget higher end customers and commercial work and in my opinion, an enclosed with logos looks just that.
Just wanted to see if you guys who switched to enclosed have had a good response with your graphics advertising?
Posted via Mobile Device

We had a 16ft enclosed with lettering, it was simple and looked nice. Our newest enclosed is a 24ft and the lettering is huge but tasteful. Its the same simple design but the font is a bit different. Key thing is to keep it simple and make it stand out with coloring (not hot pink) and an easy to read font. You can clearly see our name and phone number about 3 blocks away. As far as advertising from the lettering.....I would say a few people a season say they saw our trailer and got the phone number. Any advertising can't hurt. IMO, it doesn't matter if you have an open or enclosed trailer as long as you show up with clean decent looking equipment and do good work no one cares.

Dtauriac
06-07-2011, 09:46 PM
you rely on magnetic signs??? are you being serious?

Yes - I guess cuz everyone knows that I just started and they have confidence that it will be successful and even my customers are supporting my biz by leading me to more customers and even sharing my company goals with others - people are excited here about my biz - I must say - I am very fortunate. I will be putting in my first 6 figure bid in October - I'm excited about putting together the presentation. You guys are the ones to thank on this site though. You've helped so much - I have been reading for months without posting. Thanks

nobagger
06-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Yes - I guess cuz everyone knows that I just started and they have confidence that it will be successful and even my customers are supporting my biz by leading me to more customers and even sharing my company goals with others - people are excited here about my biz - I must say - I am very fortunate. I will be putting in my first 6 figure bid in October - I'm excited about putting together the presentation. You guys are the ones to thank on this site though. You've helped so much - I have been reading for months without posting. Thanks

Your submitting a six figure bid and you just started? Let us know that works out for ya :laugh:

nobagger
06-07-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm in Atlanta and I rely on my truck and magnetic sign. I just started my business in 10/2010 and I did a consult on two 6 figure properties. I think by building a professional rep and displaying professional character will get you more than you could imagine. One thing this line of work has been missing in professionalism (in my opinion) and that's what I strive to bring to the field.

I'm sorry but magnetic signs to me say, I'm kind of serious about this but not quite sure yet.

lawn
06-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Can you recommmend a good place in the boston area?

Dtauriac
06-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Your submitting a six figure bid and you just started? Let us know that works out for ya :laugh:

I will definitely let you know. I know I shouldn't be thinking like this but I was actually disturbed that this community pays a MAINTENANCE company six figures for such simple work. But here in GA I guess when you have that kinda money you can do that. The other crazy thing is that they turned down a company that submitted a bid for $45k and there is nothing special to be done and no brain work. They tell you what flowers to plant what fertilizer to use etc. You make no decisions but to be there 4 days a week and get the work done. Like I said in another post. I'm just fortunate. I'll keep you guys posted. They want me to submit in October to hopefully start 01/2012

Dtauriac
06-07-2011, 10:32 PM
I'm sorry but magnetic signs to me say, I'm kind of serious about this but not quite sure yet.

No need to be sorry - My customers are not. I appreciate it though.

THEGOLDPRO
06-07-2011, 11:44 PM
So your telling me you have to devote 4 out of 5 possible working days a week?? (if you take weekends off) That sounds horrible to me. With hopes of maybe making 6 figures...... I would venture to guess they pay alot less then that.

GreenI.A.
06-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Can you recommmend a good place in the boston area?

Drawing a blank on the name. I want to say its metrographics, they've done a few wraps for me. Rt 1 in Wrentham just north of the 495 exit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dtauriac
06-08-2011, 09:10 AM
So your telling me you have to devote 4 out of 5 possible working days a week?? (if you take weekends off) That sounds horrible to me. With hopes of maybe making 6 figures...... I would venture to guess they pay alot less then that.

Yes - Actaully my company doesn't work weekends. I always tell my customers when they ask me what's different about me and other companies - I always say "I think I'm the only landscaping/management company in the world that doesn't work weekends." You see so many are afraid to be innovative and that's the reason I think I am successful. Won't be long before you guys here of my company in your areas, for I have a nationwide vision and it goes far beyond just taking people's money to maintain their land. Keep this in mind "Innovation sustains the heartbeat of America" - David Tauriac

stickleylawncare
07-19-2011, 02:23 PM

I live in an HOA that does not allow "business" vehicles of any kind. Several contractors, builders, myself, etc, have to use magnets we can peel off each night.

lawnlandscape
09-03-2011, 11:25 PM
My trucks are all lettered up. I have gotten enough jobs from it that it quickly paid for itself. one thing I did with my enclosed is that I left an area unlettered on the sides of the trailer and half off the back. I then made up brackets and have different 3x4 signs that slide in for different advertising. The whole thing is wrapped but I can change the one add depending on the time of year
Posted via Mobile Device

Can we see a picture of this by chance? Sounds very interesting

calvinslawnservices
09-03-2011, 11:54 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I have thought about this for my trailer. My reasoning is that you can't cutter up your trailer with all the services offered. So switch them out with the seasons or offer specials/discounts. And my city dump won't allow contractors in and if you remove the name and everything, they have to let you in. :laugh:

lawnlandscape
09-03-2011, 11:59 PM
And my city dump won't allow contractors in and if you remove the name and everything, they have to let you in. :laugh:

Sounds Dishonest. Our city dump wont let contractors in either... which is why we DONT use the city dump.

From every penny worth of accounting, to every business practice, I run my business 100% on the up and up. I suggest you do as well. It will turn around to benefit you as well.

Also, you 'theory' does not make sense anyway, since it was only PART of the lettering on the trailer that was 'changeable'.

calvinslawnservices
09-04-2011, 12:09 AM
One I don't have this set up on my trailer, I have thought about it. And two I live out in the country so I don't use the dump anyways. I have a nice big pile that I burn or chip depending on what is in the pile.

GreenI.A.
09-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Can we see a picture of this by chance? Sounds very interesting

yeah, im not on my computer. I'm away for the long weekend. I'll get them up once I'm back.

I have thought about this for my trailer. My reasoning is that you can't cutter up your trailer with all the services offered. So switch them out with the seasons or offer specials/discounts. And my city dump won't allow contractors in and if you remove the name and everything, they have to let you in. :laugh:

My wrap has most my services listed, the large adds I swap out just focus on that time of yeah. Like right now we just switched it over for earation and seeding