PDA

View Full Version : D-19 Gr "hypro" Pump Blowing Oil Out Of The Oil Filler Tube

ant
08-30-2002, 06:03 PM
LAST MONDAY I REPLACED ALL THE DIAPHRAGMS on the pump filled it with oil (which took hours to fill!) tryed it out ,all was fine.went to a job and it started to blow oil and water out of the filler tube .
i ordered a new kit today .....

any tips on rebuilding it?
ant:cry:

1grnlwn
08-30-2002, 09:21 PM
First time I rebuilt my d-30 I got milk in my oil (water). I took it apart again and cleaned the diaphrams off real good and the sealing surfaces and payed real close attention to the sealing surfaces when I put it back together. Mark

LAWNGODFATHER
08-31-2002, 01:38 AM
If it was other than the obsolete D19 I could tell you, but that pump is so different then the ones I use.

Most likey you didn't get the diaphragms seated right, or did not get all the fluid out from before.

When I rebuilt my pumps, I found oil coming out but stopped after a few minutes and never happened again.

ant
09-01-2002, 08:41 PM
took it apart today and found 1 diaphraghm cut buy one f the small washer type of dish that holds the rubber on...it was on backwords..

any other tips?
antho ny

tremor
09-02-2002, 07:10 AM
Anthony,

Fill with a hose attached to the BOTTOM DRAIN HOLE. Allow the site tube on top to act as the vent. This is also how lower ends are filled on outboard motors and many bull-gear & final drive transmissions. Air is then allowed to escape upward so the bubbles don't slow the filling process.

An empty 90wt bottle (REFILLED WITH 30WT & RE-LABELED) is perfect after it's been customized with a length of hose. Check a good auto parts store for the parts. Should be less than $5.00.

For shops that do a lot of work like this, inexpensive manual fluid transfer pumps are available. Usually less than $40.00. Then add the appropriate fitting.

Hope this helps.

Steve

ant
09-02-2002, 07:14 AM
thanks steve ....
have a good day..
anthony