PDA

View Full Version : sports team themed pathlights?

irrig8r
01-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Maybe I'm just easily amused this morning.... but I got a laugh out of these... (scrol down to the lower half of the page)

http://www.encorelandscapelighting.com/speciality.html

Do you suppose they are officially licensed merchandise?

steveparrott
01-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Maybe I'm just easily amused this morning.... but I got a laugh out of these... (scrol down to the lower half of the page)

http://www.encorelandscapelighting.com/speciality.html

Do you suppose they are officially licensed merchandise?

Very funny!

On a real note: CAST can make the following Insignia Series China Hat (http://www.cast-lighting.com/products/fixtures/path-lights/176/) (with any client's logo or artwork). (Of course, you would need to get the trademark permission.) The following is just a mock-up - not for sale.

irrig8r
01-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Can I order some that say Gambino Lighting?

:-)

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Can I order some that say Gambino Lighting?
:-)

That was sorta funny. :laugh:

irrig8r
01-07-2011, 10:36 PM
That was sorta funny. :laugh:

OK James, if it makes you feel better I'll order some with INTEGRA Works on them too....

Seriously though, it's a nice look with that sample Sheraton logo on them.

I like Mike's design better, but those Cast China Hats look well made.

Pro-Scapes
01-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Mike Does have some slick path lights for sure. I have really turned things up a notch using them. Clients love the simple clean lines and incredible output from them and I love the durability and ease of service.

Cast has a real beefy casting. Never had a problem with the bronze at all. Awsome stake. The Copper riser will break off at the threads long before the stake will break. The open lamp design and lack of ability to modify the intensity even on the larger ones leaves a bit to be desired. With that said I change 3156 lamps out about twice as often as I need to change the mr16's in the Gambinos.

I have cast paths out there going on 5 or 6 yrs old... not many problems

I have 100's of Gambino fixtures out there with only 1 issue and that was just a bad socket out of the box which I attribute to assembly error.

Just sharing my experiences.

steveparrott
01-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Cast has a real beefy casting. Never had a problem with the bronze at all. Awsome stake. The Copper riser will break off at the threads long before the stake will break.

Quick note on the stem threads on our path lights: older CAST path lights had a standard pipe thread that created a weak point at the stake top - standard threads are equal in depth from top to bottom - essentially cutting into the pipe, reducing the wall thickness up to the top of the stake.

A few years ago we shifted to a tapered pipe thread that reduces in depth from bottom to top. This means that the top of the thread (where the stem emerges from the stake) has very shallow grooves. Since we made that change, stems rarely break at the stake (you'd have to hit the path light with a car to make that happen).

Pro-Scapes
01-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Glad to hear about the changes Steve and appreciate the update. It has been a few years since I have installed a new CAST path light so I have probably not seen the new ones altho I will soon as I need to add on to a system I did several years ago for a client who loves the bronze.