PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Vacuum

aced76
01-07-2011, 03:54 AM
Anyone ever built a lawn vacuum for the larger properties?

waters lawn care
01-07-2011, 02:44 PM
I hope you get lot's of information on this wanting to do some kind of unit also.

Sammy
01-08-2011, 02:28 AM
Trac-Vac builds a few.

loupiscopolandscaping
01-14-2011, 06:07 PM
aced im interested in the same...last season i landed a LARGE account 602 house association..i wanna get/build something for the large open areas behind the houses...i have a vac but its mounted on the truck..i wish i could drive the truck back but i cant....this leaf season we uses 2 methods...blowing/raking onto large tarps and pulling the tarps with zero turns and also using exmark navigator to suck up the majority and shred the leaves then dump on a tarp and pull with the zero turns...i wish i had a light box that held 3-5yrds of leaves and a vac so my zero turns can pull

aced76
01-15-2011, 01:43 AM
ya we tarp and zero pull too. 60 inch diesel exmarks kick butt w the ultra vac, but got to be a better long range way. You buy the 2 packs of 16 ft tarps at costco? Really strong and you can make leaf burritos and zip w trimmer line if needed.

loupiscopolandscaping
01-15-2011, 03:37 AM
leaf burritos lol well just pass the hot sause and salsa and ill be good to go!! lol we use 16x20fters i think or 12x20fters i forget...i purchase them from northerntool about a week ago for next leaf season...usually get 2 seasons out of them

aced76
01-15-2011, 09:35 AM
ya 18 bucks for 2 blue or brown very heavy duty at Costco. Ya pass the hot sauce for the jets game !

aced76
01-15-2011, 09:42 AM
I wish some more members would ring in on this post. I think there is a way to build a good unit, just need input. Leaves suck...LOL. Hey you arent related to Joe Piscopo are you?

exmark user
01-15-2011, 09:49 AM
the hurricane seems to be a nice blower an dhas this vaccum setting to and blows leaves it the truck does anybody know the price of 1

lucky lawn landscaping
01-15-2011, 10:04 AM
I was thinking of getting one of these and making an attachment on my hustler next year.

waters lawn care
01-15-2011, 10:43 AM
I have used leaf bag for three seasons holds a lot. My only suggestion would be with a new one is cover the parts being drug on ground cover with gorilla tape or some similar.
Posted via Mobile Device

ghost69
01-20-2011, 07:57 AM
I've got 2 wooded acres that I mow and have thought about this as well. Once I get the rest cleaned up, it will be 6. This past fall I got tired of hand raking away from the house so I built walls for a tow behind garden wagon. I used a 30in craftsman rear engine with a mulching deck and the piping to the bagger to blow the leaves into the box. The only problem was the pipe wasn't long enough. I'd turn left and it would blow back on the yard. I'm going to try and find a flex pipe/hose and redo the box this year.

Ghost

mowyo
01-20-2011, 08:57 AM
I have a 88o trac-vac that I use for leaves and is a lifesaver for shrub - trim clean up . It is about 15 years old and is still one of th
e best pieces of equipment I've ever bought. ( 8 years in lawn biz ).The way it works the vac-ed up material goes into the bin an when it's full you just dump it out . Forms a loose bale about 3 ft x 6 ft. They also make alot of other vac - related stuff too , check -em out at trac-vac.com.

Swampy
01-20-2011, 09:12 AM
We built on out of a John Deere tractor, Honda engine, and a cart. Work decent but when the cart is full its heavier than the Deere, hills get interesting. Don't have any pics though