PDA

View Full Version : Lighting design help needed.

jlouki01
01-07-2011, 05:13 PM
I am working on a project and could use a little direction.

I will be up lighting the brick. My question is would you use a well or flood light and would you position it to be on the corner to cast light onto both the wall with the window and the blank wall to the right.. or would you light the blank wall at all?

GreenI.A.
01-07-2011, 07:44 PM
i would get both the walls in that corner. You have some beutiful brick there, and that detail on the corners are going to give some good shadow affects. i would try too get that short wall in to highlight the architectual design

jlouki01
01-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Well lights for the uplighting? I think if I straddle the corner I might be able to get both. That's my problem. Straddle the corner or do two separate fixtures..

Would you think 2 lights on the windowed wall or 3?

GreenI.A.
01-07-2011, 09:43 PM
I can't quite tell but it looks like there is a light in the entry way above the door? i think i see a amber spot in the center above the door. Loking from your pic I would do 1 well light at each of the corner in the front there. I love the shadow effect you get with that type of brick detail on the corners.

Do those wall mounted lights on each side of the door project light sideways onto the walls? if not I would do a narrow up light between the door and window and another on the right corner (corner that is cut off of picture) If you do all that I wouldn't light that small bare wall you were originally asking about. The shadow effect will high light that one wall stands out infront of the other

jlouki01
01-08-2011, 08:28 PM
I can't say 100% because I have not been there at night. However looking at the fixture I'd say it cast a little light in all directions.

I agree I'm excited to see the built up corners up lite

They have a proposal in hand with some sample fixtures.. One of the times I wish I put more into a demo kit of some sort.

Existing lighting is 120v no conduit, junction boxes are all rotted and shorting out, fixtures are a broken. What I install will be a huge improvement.

Lite4
01-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Don't straddle the corner at all. Put the well lights (2) on each side of the window. Space them equally between the corner and the window on each side of the window. Set them about 12-14" out from the wall going straight up. That is how its done. That little blank corner is too insignificant to bother with.

jlouki01
01-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Customer gave a verbal commitment today so I will post pictures of the project over the next couple weeks.