PDA

View Full Version : Estimates

a.jaussi.18
01-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Hey, I'm brand new to this site and am starting my own small one person part time landscape maintenance company.
I need help determining how to bid jobs, mostly mowing jobs.
Any ideas? Are there threads about this already?
Thanks

Lefet
01-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Along the top green bar entitled "Search"
White box opens up, type in whatever you want, hit yellow "GO" button.

GreenI.A.
01-07-2011, 09:48 PM
definetly make serch your friend and ask any questions that you cant find an answer for

I would first search things like:
- Insurance
- Liceanse
- then Bidding

Premier landscaping south
01-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Ask yourself how long will this job take me. Knowing what you need per hour and knowing how long a job will take will give you a starting point. Bagging? Edging? add a little extra $5 or $10 dollars. Mowing prices will come easy. It's when you start to bid large fall clean ups or landscaping designs is when you have to have some experience.

3/4 of your mowing jobs wil land inbetween $30 and $60.

lukemelo216
01-10-2011, 02:55 PM
determine your hourly rate

To do that you need to add up all of your fixed expenses for the entire year January-December. Be sure to include money for yourself. If you want to earn $15/hour as a laborer, and your working 30 hours a week from April-November thats 1800/mo totaling 14400/year. Also then include a fixed weekly salary for yourself actually running the business. For your unfixed expenses just do an estimate, things like fuel repairs, etc. Take those numbers and divide them by your working season by me its April-November. Take that number and divide it by the number of hours your working per month.

Thats your hourly rate, then add in a profit margin. usually 35-60%.

Ex your expenses for January-December are 30,000. Your monthly expense for the season is 3750. If your working 30 hours per week thats 120/month. Your hourly rate is $32/hour (Rounded). Meaning you need to at least charge that in one hour to break even. With profit included thats 42-53/hour which is a good rate to be at for maintenance work.

Just use your numbers though.

a.jaussi.18
01-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Thanks, that really helps a lot!