PDA

View Full Version : LED MR-16 Drop Ins......Recommendations?

FX Luminaire
01-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Can anyone recommend a good MR-16 LED drop in? I have a customer using two RP well lights (set in flagstone) uplighting 20' stone columns.

The rest of the job is all LED and now the end user wants these to be as well. We do not have an RP in LED yet. The contractor needs something equal to FMW (warm white).

I have limited experience with LED drop ins, so any recommendations would be well appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony

irrig8r
01-08-2011, 06:40 PM
I guess James Solecki hasn't seen this yet. His company, Illumicare, is a lawnsite sponsor.

So is Steve Gold, Brillance LEDs.

I know James will be at the CLCA show with his booth in LA next week.

BrandonV
01-08-2011, 09:54 PM
I've bought from James, been thrilled with the results so far.
Posted via Mobile Device

FX Luminaire
01-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the referral.

James........It sounds like you have got the goods. When you see this post, please chime in. I have someone who really needs 2 quality LED drop ins.

Thanks

Anthony

RLI Electric
01-09-2011, 09:21 AM
I have used them in the RP and they work fine. Snow may be a bit of an issue as you know the lamp is recessed a few inches but aside from that they will work perfectly.

FX Luminaire
01-09-2011, 02:46 PM
I have used them in the RP and they work fine. Snow may be a bit of an issue as you know the lamp is recessed a few inches but aside from that they will work perfectly.

Bob,

Thanks for the info. You must be up in Tom Marmelstein's area? We just had our meeting out in California. Be sure to contact Tom and ask him what is new. FX has some really cool things coming out.

As for this install, snow will not be a big issue. The RPs will be installed into a flagstone landing, under a large awning. Some dry snow may blow into the area but should never build up. The RP sleeves are already installed, contractor is just waiting to find the right LED drop ins.

I will forward Illumicare's info to him.

Thanks

Anthony
FX Luminaire

RLI Electric
01-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Funny, I spoke to him on the phone while you guys were out there. Great guy.

Illumicare
01-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Hi Anthony. All of our LED Lamps have been designed and built specifically for use in outdoor lighting systems. Our thermal management is second to none and the lamps are designed to be used in enclosed fixtures and will function in humid/moist environments. We offer a wide variety of colour temperatures ( 2700K, 3000K, and 4000K) and the MR16 line has a good variety of beam spreads available too.

Please look at our website where you can find specifications and our online store:

www.illumicaregroup.com

Regards
James