PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about getting an ECHO SHC-225S hedge trimmers

AkRowdyA78
01-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Im thinking about getting ECHO SHC-225S hedge trimmers. I wanted to see what people thought about the shaft length, was it harder to manuver? Was it a pain to use? Should I just the standard ones? Your opinion, Thanks Andy.

SDLandscapes VT
01-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Better than the standard and well worth the extra dollars. I have one ordered and I will pick it up in March. If you have to do a lot of shearing this is definitely the way to go. Better weight distribution, less vibration, and a happier back after a long day of shearing

Alan0354
01-09-2011, 03:29 AM
I know Ed2Hess here really like it. Short shaft is actually very useful and convient. Only one thing is lacking the articulate option. I end up getting the Shindaiwa multi tool M242 with short reach articulate hedge attachment. It is a little longer. SHC is 20" shaft, the M242 is 29".

I know Husqvarna, Shindaiwa, Redmax all have short articulate hedge trimmer. Consider this also. I found the articulation very useful to trim the top of the shrubs flat.

That said, the SHC225S is very light and Echo is known to be durable and reliable. Too bad they don't make any short shaft articulate hedge trimmer.

oldclawn
01-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Been using these echo long hedgers (mostly shc210) for years and they are real back savers> balanced well, easily saves you a lot of backbreaking streching and bending.

Alan0354
01-09-2011, 02:12 PM
This kind of short pole hedge trimmer is sure a back safer. For over two years I use it instead of my Echo HC151 as the main hedge trimmer because it is so much easier on my back. It works almost as good as a regular hedge trimmer for everything and can reach high. It was only last month that I bought a 30" Maruyama hedge trimmer that I go back to the regular one for hedges.

It would be so nice if Echo would put articulation on the SHC.

Gassetts
01-12-2011, 09:57 AM
You could actually probably buy the art attachment, take off the gear box on the shc225 and put the art on it.