PDA

View Full Version : Member Index?

MOW ED
07-27-2000, 05:27 PM
Chuck,<br>Is it possible to list all the members of Lawnsite somehow so we can contact them by e-mail or other way if we have to.<p>Mayby alphabetical order or by state or something. I know that most fill out a profile but its a pain to try and go back and find someone thru the forums.<br><br>Not a complaint, just a request, Thanks

Administrator
07-27-2000, 08:20 PM
Hello,<p>I will be updating the system software very soon. I am switching from a perl/cgi database to a PHP3/mysql database. This will speed up the system a lot and we will have new features. <p>The problem about the feature you request is that it makes it way to easy for a person or system to collect emails from my site and send unsolicited emails to everyone. They might use bots to collect and that can even crash the system. I suggest that everyone make their emails private in their profile. If you want to talk to another member you can request their email from me or leave a post for them or meet then in java chat.<br>

jeffyr
07-31-2000, 01:42 PM
Mow Ed and Chuck,<p>I think this is a great idea. I sometimes watch or scroll around to look for a members reply on a post to get their email . One additional thought....in the profile or new list can age and &quot;in business since 19--&quot;be added. Sometimes I read advice from a member, only to find out in a later post that they have 6 accounts and have been cutting for 5 weeks or they are a kid. <br>Just a thought. And thanks for a great site Chuck.<p>jeff