PDA

View Full Version : Fastrak or SD

LawnPro88
01-09-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm trying to find out if there are any differences between the decks on the Fastrak 48 or FT Super Duty 48; such as depth, baffling, or size of chute opening. I'm down to deciding between these two but not sure if the extra features on the SD are worth the extra $1,000. Thanks for your input.

mowerconsultant
01-14-2011, 05:30 PM
No difference in the deck depth or discharge opening, the SD does have steel pulleys and better Fusion brand blades.

Pj

Steve P
02-27-2011, 11:11 AM
No difference in the deck depth or discharge opening, the SD does have steel pulleys and better Fusion brand blades.

Pj

PJ,

I am in the exact same boat. Down to deciding between a 48" Fastrak vs. SD.

I want a mower that is going to last me 20+ years mowing 1 1/2 acres once week, 7 months/year.

My concerns:
I don't mind changing oil and filters and belts as needed. That's normal maint. What I do NOT want is a mower that every 4 years needs pulleys replaced and etc.

My main concerns are the much small engine on the Fastrak. Is 19hp on a 48" ZTR large enough for my 1/week mowing of 1 1/2 acres?

Regarding the steel pulleys, what's on the regular Fastrak? Aluminum? Are they going to hold up?

I am 51 years old and plan on cutting grass for AT LEAST 25 more years. Is the Fastrak going to get the job done over that length of time or would I better off with the SD?

mowerconsultant
03-01-2011, 05:02 PM
PJ,

I am in the exact same boat. Down to deciding between a 48" Fastrak vs. SD.

I want a mower that is going to last me 20+ years mowing 1 1/2 acres once week, 7 months/year.

My concerns:
I don't mind changing oil and filters and belts as needed. That's normal maint. What I do NOT want is a mower that every 4 years needs pulleys replaced and etc.

My main concerns are the much small engine on the Fastrak. Is 19hp on a 48" ZTR large enough for my 1/week mowing of 1 1/2 acres?

Regarding the steel pulleys, what's on the regular Fastrak? Aluminum? Are they going to hold up?

I am 51 years old and plan on cutting grass for AT LEAST 25 more years. Is the Fastrak going to get the job done over that length of time or would I better off with the SD?

19hp on a 48 for weekly mowing of the property size your explaining is going to be fine.
The FasTrak deck has plastic type tensioner and running idlers / pulleys, such as what cars have been using for 20 years, they hold of good for home use.
Both units will last a long time as long as they are maintained properly, I would feel confident with either for the size property you are mowing.

Pj