PDA

View Full Version : do postcards work?

grass disaster
01-10-2011, 01:24 PM
i was thinking of doing some post cards with a coupon with like $10 first mow on them.

maybe send to 200 homes.

i was thinking about door hangers too but never seem to want to walk around town.

anyone have luck with post cards?

how big can a post card be to get the discounted stamp?

domain311
01-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Think it depends on a lot of different variables...but we are trying it this year. Doing around 4500 houses 3x. First will be mid February, the second mid March and the third around the same time in April. We cut it down to homes over 1mil and income over 100k.

Even if .05% we will have over 20 new accounts. If we get 5 new accounts it will be worth the expense paid.

Will report back once it starts out...

AA+ landscaping
01-10-2011, 05:17 PM
They very well if you do it right. First, you must flyer the places where you already cut around. Second, you don't need to send out thousands at one time its just a waste of money. Instead just send around 500 just 4 times. The point is you what people to see your logo/name over and over again. So when they think of lawn care they think of you/your business.

grass disaster
01-10-2011, 09:33 PM
anyone else?

i'm targeting a small area i was thinking of going to city hall and asking for the addresses.

the allowed dimensions for post card rates are 4.25 by 6 which isnt very big.

i wonder if i should try print my own post cards for such a small amout ...maybe 200 cards.

AA+ landscaping
01-10-2011, 09:44 PM
I use zillow.com to get the addresses just put in the zip and zoom in and there you go.

srl28
01-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Looked at zillow.com as we are looking to do a similar mailing and all. Question for you is how are you using zillow.com to obtain the addresses? Got some pointers for me on where to find that info there? Thanks

AA+ landscaping
01-10-2011, 11:35 PM
Looked at zillow.com as we are looking to do a similar mailing and all. Question for you is how are you using zillow.com to obtain the addresses? Got some pointers for me on where to find that info there? Thanks

gave me a call tomorrow around 11:00 I will walk you through it. 610 791 4118 I also have some more things that will help you out.

TwoBrosLawn
01-11-2011, 12:43 AM
would be interested in how you did that as well...i just ordered 100 post cards from vistaprint. thought i would give it a try...i found just now on zillow that you can obtain the addresses for houses just purchased, that seems like a good target market...

AA+ landscaping
01-11-2011, 10:59 AM
would be interested in how you did that as well...i just ordered 100 post cards from vistaprint. thought i would give it a try...i found just now on zillow that you can obtain the addresses for houses just purchased, that seems like a good target market...

I sent 750 4 times and got 35 lawn accounts and 4 landscape jobs. On zillow you can get the addresses from all of the houses on that street too.

grass disaster
01-11-2011, 01:17 PM
I sent 750 4 times and got 35 lawn accounts and 4 landscape jobs. On zillow you can get the addresses from all of the houses on that street too.

i'm curious to see what your card looked like...if you care to share.

grass disaster
01-11-2011, 01:25 PM
is zillow a pay site? i went there and didnt really see where i could find a directory of addresses.

AA+ landscaping
01-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

call me tomorrow will be out plowing i will help you out.

StihlBR600
01-11-2011, 10:02 PM
So you sent out a total of 3000 flyers? and got 35 new accounts. thats really good. I wish i could get that many in a season

wright5223
01-12-2011, 10:56 AM
yeah that's no lie i sent out 25k and didnt get anything close to that

grass disaster
01-12-2011, 01:24 PM
a++ i'd like to see a copy of what you sent out.

seems interesting

AA+ landscaping
01-12-2011, 04:53 PM
a++ i'd like to see a copy of what you sent out.

seems interesting

search ( marketing discussion ) I put pics of the flyers in there.

AA+ landscaping
01-12-2011, 05:03 PM
yeah that's no lie i sent out 25k and didnt get anything close to that

Because you didn't target your area. Think of it like this when you what building supplies where do you go. Home depot WHY because you got your mind brain washed by seeing so much advertisements.

grass disaster
01-13-2011, 05:43 PM
i found how to get the addresses online through a county website...quite easy and free.

no i need to get something together.

i'd like to steer people tward my web site and get them to sigh up for a quote.

i plan on updating my web site too with some current pictures of my truck and logo and of me. www.grassmasterservice.com

any tips? wheres a good place to start?

mr.q
01-13-2011, 08:43 PM
What do you do to title their address?

Future customer?
123 Fake Address
City, State 12345

AA+ landscaping
01-13-2011, 10:54 PM
What do you do to title their address?

Future customer?
123 Fake Address
City, State 12345

current resident

TheBetterDoorhanger
01-20-2011, 05:43 PM
I couldn't help but notice everyone talking about doing a short run of targeted post cards. We have a really great special right now for 4x6 post cards for Lawnsite Members. Its full color and professionally printed. For the type of mailing you are talking about supplying the list for it would be either $99-$150 TOTAL - that includes the printing AND the postage. You really can't beat that price even if you do them by yourself. I promise there is no gimic - I think you can tell if you search around on Lawnsite for Adeas Printing we are a reputable company and I'm happy to help you come up with soemthing that will work for you.

Call me or visit our website - you won't see the special offer on the site but mention it when you order to receive the discount.

www.AdeasPrinting.com/Products

OTHER CURRENT SPECIALS THAT MAY BE JUST WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR
1000 Door Hanger Stick-Its - full color - 4.25 x11 - 1 hour free design-$99.00
5000 for $295 - 1 hour free design & FREE SHIPPING!
5000 Postcard Stick-Its - full color - 9x6 - includes saturation postage & 1 hour free design! - $0.26 each!
robin@adeasprinting.com
www.AdeasPrinting.com/Products
866-778-4254 ext 212

srl28
01-20-2011, 06:09 PM
So how many postcards would you be mailing for the $99-$150 assuming we have our own list.

Better yet, can you break it down by price per postcard when we use our own mailing lists?

TheBetterDoorhanger
01-20-2011, 06:18 PM
So how many postcards would you be mailing for the $99-$150 assuming we have our own list.

Better yet, can you break it down by price per postcard when we use our own mailing lists?

Sorry about that -- 200 Postcards for $99-$150.
Lets go with the $150 which is more likely when you use your own list because it won't qualify for $99 (saturation rates) unless you buy or find the list for the entire route.

$0.75 each - includes postage/print/mailing

Here is some more pricing breakdowns to show you as you increase in quantity.

9x6 Postard instead of 4x6 - Also includes Stick-It®!
1,000 - $0.35 saturation / $0.43 non-saturation
2,500 - $0.28 saturation / $0.37 non-saturation
5,000 - $0.26 saturation / $0.35 non-saturation
( quantity of 5,000 plus also includes free custom design)

Hope this helps!
robin@adeasprinting.com

srl28
01-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Can you explain, for me and other people who may not know, the difference in saturation and non saturation?

Another question- aside from writting down addresses as you drive or walk by, how does one go about aquiring a good list of addresses for their area, or the area they want to target easily.

AA+ landscaping
01-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Can you explain, for me and other people who may not know, the difference in saturation and non saturation?

Another question- aside from writting down addresses as you drive or walk by, how does one go about aquiring a good list of addresses for their area, or the area they want to target easily.

There is no easily way to get the list. Like said I used zillow.com it took some time but now I have the list and I can print out labels. You must remember you must keep sending them flyers the more they see you the more they will think of you.

TheBetterDoorhanger
01-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Sorry about that -- 200 Postcards for $99-$150.
Lets go with the $150 which is more likely when you use your own list because it won't qualify for $99 (saturation rates) unless you buy or find the list for the entire route.

$0.75 each - includes postage/print/mailing

Here is some more pricing breakdowns to show you as you increase in quantity.

9x6 Postard instead of 4x6 - Also includes Stick-It®!
1,000 - $0.35 saturation / $0.43 non-saturation
2,500 - $0.28 saturation / $0.37 non-saturation
5,000 - $0.26 saturation / $0.35 non-saturation
( quantity of 5,000 plus also includes free custom design)

Hope this helps!
robin@adeasprinting.com

Originally Posted by srl28 View Post

Sure..
Saturation is a deep discount on postage offered by the post office. To get this discount you have to mail to at least 90% of an entire postal route (which the entire route consists of homes, apartments/multifamily dwellings, trailers and businesses). A lot of the time I can purchase a list and send to homes only and still obtain the saturation rate... it just depends but I can run a report for you before you purchase the list that will tell you what each route in the zip will qualify for if you mail to homes only.

Non-saturation just doesn't have as deep of a discount because it doesn't meet the 90% rule so it will not qualify for saturation. This is typical for lists I see provided by my customers - such as a customer list or if you purchase a specific demographic list that only includes homes that make X income or have a home value of X.

I have found a good way around this by running the report and only sending to the routes that qualify for saturation as the report tells us what the average income, home value and age are of each route. This list is $85.00 for up to 10,000 records or $8 per thousand after that.

I'm more than happy to send you a sample report if you give me a zip code. Call me and I can review more detail over the phone as well.
~ Robin (Adeas Printing) -- robin@adeasprinting.com - 866-778-4254 ext 202.

earthly
01-22-2011, 02:02 PM
You need to aim your gun where the deer are, you need to make sure whoever you send your card to can afford your services.

To get a good list check out INFO USA, they are one of the largest lead companies in the country. Ask for a gentleman by the name of Eric there and he can help you.

You can customize your list by homeowners, businesses, certian zip codes, home values, household income, and much more. There prices are great,

Your list will dirrectly affect your results so whatever you do start with a good list!:)

grass disaster
01-22-2011, 03:44 PM
You need to aim your gun where the deer are, you need to make sure whoever you send your card to can afford your services.

To get a good list check out INFO USA, they are one of the largest lead companies in the country. Ask for a gentleman by the name of Eric there and he can help you.

You can customize your list by homeowners, businesses, certian zip codes, home values, household income, and much more. There prices are great,

Your list will dirrectly affect your results so whatever you do start with a good list!:)

can it direct me to people that own horses? cuz those people seem to be good clients.

earthly
01-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Im not sure, they might be able to. Call eric and ask him. It wouldnt hurt to call and ask would it.

mtchockey30
01-22-2011, 04:55 PM
.... marking.....

mrusk
01-24-2011, 09:33 PM
If you do non saturation you can still have the mailing place pre sort them and you can mail standard class.

LawnsRUsInc.
01-26-2011, 12:01 PM
200 postcards will not do it. You will get so few calls i promise. If you want to save money walk out and put out doorhangers!!! But dont send 200 postcards. Also postcards are best sent 3-7 times to the same address you will receive a much better return on investment.