PDA

View Full Version : Aggrand ?

Falcon50EX
01-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Has anyone used Agrand liquid fertilizer and how did it work? I would also like to spray it or a product like it out of a Z. Would that work or is the low volume to little of a liquid contacting the foliage?

Thanks for any help this is not something i am going to do on other properties but to learn on my own.
:usflag:

ICT Bill
01-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Has anyone used Agrand liquid fertilizer and how did it work? I would also like to spray it or a product like it out of a Z. Would that work or is the low volume to little of a liquid contacting the foliage?

Thanks for any help this is not something i am going to do on other properties but to learn on my own.
:usflag:

aggrand can be a bit chunky sometimes it would probably clog the Z I would think. Fish is great as a fertilizer but it may not hold green long enough for your customers

also do not spray it when it is hot, humid and still the smell will run you out of the area for a couple of hours

Like you said go ahead and play and see if its something you like to work with

I just replied to your daughter/son(?) on PM too, I asked to communicate via email and sent her to a yahoo group online where there are many worm folks, happy to help

Falcon50EX
01-11-2011, 06:50 PM
aggrand can be a bit chunky sometimes it would probably clog the Z I would think. Fish is great as a fertilizer but it may not hold green long enough for your customers

also do not spray it when it is hot, humid and still the smell will run you out of the area for a couple of hours

Like you said go ahead and play and see if its something you like to work with

I just replied to your daughter/son(?) on PM too, I asked to communicate via email and sent her to a yahoo group online where there are many worm folks, happy to help

Daughter ninth grade biology thanks for getting back to her. I have read many things from you and all have been very informative. I am just starting to learn about the whole organic program. She will get back to you with some question.

GunnPropertyServices
01-11-2011, 08:21 PM
i have been using it at my house, used it with a pump up sprayer, seems too work pretty good, never had a problem with it being chunky the particles in it are very small and stay suspended in the water really well once mixed. the smell is pretty bad even when sprayed close to dark and in cool temps but usally gone the next day .

jonthepain
01-12-2011, 04:17 PM
I use aggrand fish and kelp products (along with molasses) as food for the wee beasties when I brew compost/vermi tea.

The smell does not bother me at all, but my son and partner does not care for it.

Likewise, some customers do not mind it and some dislike it, but the smell goes away in a hour or so.

ICT Bill
01-12-2011, 09:49 PM
i have been using it at my house, used it with a pump up sprayer, seems too work pretty good, never had a problem with it being chunky the particles in it are very small and stay suspended in the water really well once mixed. the smell is pretty bad even when sprayed close to dark and in cool temps but usally gone the next day .

The Z, and correct me if I am wrong, only puts out 0.5 gallons per 1000 which requires a very fine tip that clogs easlily, I was just giving a heads up

Falcon50EX
01-13-2011, 05:35 AM
The Z, and correct me if I am wrong, only puts out 0.5 gallons per 1000 which requires a very fine tip that clogs easlily, I was just giving a heads up

You have a point and I hear you but it can put out little over a gallon per 1000. It is not really designed to apply liquid Organics.

NattyLawn
01-13-2011, 10:27 AM
You have a point and I hear you but it can put out little over a gallon per 1000. It is not really designed to apply liquid Organics.

True, but most Z's have 4-5 gpm pumps on them. I would contact LT Rich to see if you could change tips for more output.