PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of my shirts?

Mxrider52
01-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Here is a design of a shirt I am making. Give me some opinions. Tell me what I need to change or make better. The phone number will be my number when I create the shirt. This is my first year into mowing. I am making the shirt at customink.com but they are going to cost almost $23 a shirt and if I put a front chest logo it is going to cost about $28, so as of right now I am just doing the back of the shirt. Does anyone else know of a cheaper site?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/mxrider52/ace.jpg

Jason Rose
01-12-2011, 11:11 AM
I think the design looks pretty good, but I hope that the shirt color isn't going to be black!?

Seems a little pricey for screen printed shirts. I don't have any other sources though. I have a friend that ordered custom logo shirts too but I don't recall where from. His just have the logo on the front chest.

h2oskier
01-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Try queensboro.com there a whole lot cheaper than what your looking at. $23 dollars a shirt for t-shirts is online robbery.

MOHUSTLER
01-12-2011, 11:25 AM
That looks great. Does seem a little high on price. Its only a 3 color. I get hoodies for that price. See about buying the shirts somewhere else and having them print them. Mabey they are getting a huge markup on the shirt itself.

Jason Rose
01-12-2011, 11:35 AM
I just asked my friend, he used vistaprint but says he actually doesn't like them... Don't know the reason why though. Said he will just use someone local next time.

I have to agree with the local options. Yes it may cost a little more than the cheap places online but you can actually put your hands on the clothing first. T-shirts are sized all over the place and if you are picky about fit (as I am) being able to try out what you want may be the best option.

I really want the polyester "dry" shirts with my logo on them. That's what I wear pretty much all summer. If the temps are over 80 especially. I can't stand cotton in the heat, may as well be wearing plastic.

h2oskier
01-12-2011, 11:47 AM
I just asked my friend, he used vistaprint but says he actually doesn't like them... Don't know the reason why though. Said he will just use someone local next time.

I have to agree with the local options. Yes it may cost a little more than the cheap places online but you can actually put your hands on the clothing first. T-shirts are sized all over the place and if you are picky about fit (as I am) being able to try out what you want may be the best option.

I really want the polyester "dry" shirts with my logo on them. That's what I wear pretty much all summer. If the temps are over 80 especially. I can't stand cotton in the heat, may as well be wearing plastic.

Try the web site i gave you. I think you may change your mind once you see what they have to offer. Plus they are in N.C. a whole lot closer to you than me. If you have questions call them and talk to Adair shes a great person and this is the only place i do business with for all my work apparel. www.queensboro.com

Mxrider52
01-12-2011, 11:50 AM
I think the design looks pretty good, but I hope that the shirt color isn't going to be black!?

Seems a little pricey for screen printed shirts. I don't have any other sources though. I have a friend that ordered custom logo shirts too but I don't recall where from. His just have the logo on the front chest.

Thanks. Yea I am not sure about a color yet. I am still debating. I want something that is not going to get dirty too quick but also stay cool.

Try queensboro.com there a whole lot cheaper than what your looking at. $23 dollars a shirt for t-shirts is online robbery.

Thanks I will give their site a look over. Yea I thought the price was a little high but I have not done much surfing.

Is there anything I should add to the shirts or is that about all you really need a shirt to say?

yardatwork
01-12-2011, 04:05 PM
You should be able to get that shirt for about $9-$12 (including screen charges)...well...maybe not if you're ordering only a few shirts and you are ordering black (most expensive color).

cade03
01-12-2011, 07:40 PM
yep i agree with the other guys, way too much per shirt. call a few local screen printers near you adn go from there. you may just pickup a customer while your there. cant hurt good luck 9 - 12 bucks is agood estimate.

groundskeeperllc
01-12-2011, 10:18 PM
yeah, I get my 4xlt T-shirts with screen printing front and back for about $13 dollars a shirt, you better find a local screenprinting shirt thats more reasonable

LibertyFarmLandscaping
01-12-2011, 10:22 PM
I have a local shop that will do them for $10. The minimum order is 12. That black color is going to be very hot in the summer.

TheGoat
01-12-2011, 10:24 PM
That black shirt is going to be hot!

I think the logo is too big. I like it, but it's big.

also "lawn care" is on there twice. toss out the 2nd line altogether and you can eliminate a print color on the job and get it printed cheaper.

reduce the size of the background logo as it kind of overpowers the name and number.

Hungry Goat Lawn Service (http://www.hungrygoatlawns.com)

knox gsl
01-12-2011, 10:50 PM
I would go with a tan or gray color, black is to much heat in the summer.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-13-2011, 12:27 AM
I agree - get the screenprint done on an UnderArmor type shirt. Thats all I wear from May through Oct.

Mxrider52
01-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. I am use to wearing black anyways. I work in a go cart shop, so I am out on the tracks doing repairs most of the days in the summer so it really does not bother me but I was originally thinking gray but the black really made the name stand out.

But I will see if I can find any local printers. It would be nice to get shirts that cheap.

Keep the opinions coming.

Mxrider52
01-13-2011, 10:27 AM
That black shirt is going to be hot!

I think the logo is too big. I like it, but it's big.

also "lawn care" is on there twice. toss out the 2nd line altogether and you can eliminate a print color on the job and get it printed cheaper.

reduce the size of the background logo as it kind of overpowers the name and number.

Hungry Goat Lawn Service (http://www.hungrygoatlawns.com)

The logo measures about 12 x 12. I just found that logo on their website. I may still change to some other logo. What do you guys think is a good logo for the name of the company?

Wouldnt people question maybe what you did if you took out the full service lawn care? I am not sure. This is my first year so I need your guys opinions.

I seen your thread about your company the other day goat. I really liked the name and logo of your company. It was unique and it was something to remember easy.

Jason Rose
01-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Even if you can stand wearing black in the sun (which is not something I will do!) Black shirts won't look good for as long because they will fade in the wash and in the sun. Of course I know the problem with light colored shirts is that stains are more visable.

ALC-GregH
01-13-2011, 10:43 AM
If it hasn't already been said, shop around local and support your local businesses. I paid $19 a shirt with front (small print) and back (large print) lettering and only bought 5 shirts.

And people wonder why they see local businesses close up all the time.

Does anyone know what the day after "black Friday" represents starting this year?

Mahoney3223
01-13-2011, 10:57 AM
the grass logo is very generic to be honest. I know of a lot of start up hacks around here with magnets with that logo, no disrespect but i would try to come up with your own logo with a designer and then print it and any good screen print shop can make it work. that's what i did and it costs 8.00 per t shirt and we have hoodies, hates, jackets, wind jackets the whole nine and its cheaper than 23.00 for me for a hoodie.

Mahoney3223
01-13-2011, 10:58 AM
If it hasn't already been said, shop around local and support your local businesses. I paid $19 a shirt with front (small print) and back (large print) lettering and only bought 5 shirts.

And people wonder why they see local businesses close up all the time.

Does anyone know what the day after "black Friday" represents starting this year?

i agree 100%

twcw5804
01-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Yes go with a local screen printer. They will blow that price away. I got myself safety green and even a couple of orange just cause I like the color since I've taken up hunting. And threw in a short sleeve, and long sleeve Gray shirt.

One other thing you may consider is I got embroidered a real nice pull over jacket for sales calls. Looks real nice when I wear it with cache pants.

BrendonTW
01-13-2011, 11:44 AM
I haven't read but one or two replies so if this has been said I apologize;

The shirt looks great. I wouldn't hate on the black. I like it. Go to a local printer. They will probably charge you a setup charge of $20-30 per graphic. (Front and back would be $40-60.) Plus some number per shirt. If you're just getting two shirts, it will be expensive. If you're getting 15 shirts, it will be much cheaper per shirt.

My shirts were cotton and dark green last year. Faded pretty bad and they were hot. There's a new material you can use which is what a lot of golf polo's are made of. I hate that I don't remember the name right now. Check with the printer. It's MUCHHHHHH more cool and light than cotton. I would highly recommend doing with this. Get snag-resistant.

corey4671
01-13-2011, 11:51 AM
http://www.ndesigns.net/

this is my local guy but he ships all over the country. What I do is go to Tractor Supply and get the gray C E Schmidt pocket t shirts and he prints on them for me. I could get his shirt and printing cheaper but I just like the feel of the TSC shirt. Check him out. Great group to work with

justanotherlawnguy
01-14-2011, 12:16 AM
the 3 different colors is what is getting you, find a local shop that can get you a far better deal then that..

ashgrove landscaping
01-14-2011, 11:19 AM
looks like a cartoon heading. Change the font. Keep lettering simple and clear so people can read with respect.

JayD
01-14-2011, 11:45 AM

2X this, and black or even dark blue you will die in.......Go with lighter colors.

The econo shirts from Queensboro are good and last long time, I have been getting them from there he past two years now.

Mxrider52
01-14-2011, 12:05 PM
the 3 different colors is what is getting you, find a local shop that can get you a far better deal then that..

Ok I will see if I can reduce the amount of colors.

looks like a cartoon heading. Change the font. Keep lettering simple and clear so people can read with respect.

Ok what do you recommend? Just simple standard font?

2X this, and black or even dark blue you will die in.......Go with lighter colors.

The econo shirts from Queensboro are good and last long time, I have been getting them from there he past two years now.

The only downfall I see what lighter colors is they get dirty really easy. I was considering gray, yellow, orange, and green colors.

Since you mention buying from queensboro about how much are you paying?

turfcarelawns
01-14-2011, 12:48 PM
My shirts used to be black, but that changed quickly. First off it is really hot and second they fade with the sweat. I would recommend the tan color. We get our shirts done for $7 a piece, that includes front chest and back. $23 is crazy.

h2oskier
01-14-2011, 01:11 PM
The only downfall I see what lighter colors is they get dirty really easy. I was considering gray, yellow, orange, and green colors.

If you do the special they have you can get 22 shirts for $216.40 SHIPPED to your front door.

Mxrider52
01-14-2011, 01:20 PM

If you do the special they have you can get 22 shirts for $216.40 SHIPPED to your front door.

Yea I definitely do not need that many shirts. I am operating on my own and I just want to wear them when I am working and stuff. I was just going to get like 2-4 shirts at the moment.

lawnpro724
01-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Black is going to be very hot in the summer heat.

h2oskier
01-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Yea I definitely do not need that many shirts. I am operating on my own and I just want to wear them when I am working and stuff. I was just going to get like 2-4 shirts at the moment.

Ok then $8.95 a shirt have four lighter colors to choose from, i would suggest the sand color myself, and your logo set-up is free, plus the three colors at no extra charge.
Hows that compared to $23.

Mxrider52
01-14-2011, 01:55 PM

Ok then $8.95 a shirt have four lighter colors to choose from, i would suggest the sand color myself, and your logo set-up is free, plus the three colors at no extra charge.
Hows that compared to $23.

Sounds like a good price. Yea I thought about that color too. I know I am not going to get black. Just too many color choices to choose from lol.

Now I just need to find a good logo or maybe have them make me one?

JayD
01-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Ok I will see if I can reduce the amount of colors.

Ok what do you recommend? Just simple standard font?

OK, mine are the Queensboro's Luxury Eco Tee - (14) + (6) Two-Ply Pima Jersey Classic Polo's all with logo embrodery on chest nothing on back. They do both embrodery and screen but you cant do both on the same shirt. You can do both sides but you have to pick on screen or emb. All that with small set up fee maybe $25 cant remember though, but everything to my door for $ 271.66.
They last a long time.

S,M,L,XL for Tee's were $11.03 ea. and $2.00 more for my 3x.
The Polo's were $14.97 ea.

Now they have sales all the time and will send you e-mails letting you know, so I could have got mine with a sale, I can't remember.

JayD
01-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Sounds like a good price. Yea I thought about that color too. I know I am not going to get black. Just too many color choices to choose from lol.

Now I just need to find a good logo or maybe have them make me one?

Plan-it Graphics makes good logos and door hangers, business cards or what ever else you may need. He (Bob) has his own lawn care business and really knows what works out there. Check out his web site.

A+Lawncare.
01-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Here is a design of a shirt I am making. Give me some opinions. Tell me what I need to change or make better. The phone number will be my number when I create the shirt. This is my first year into mowing. I am making the shirt at customink.com but they are going to cost almost $23 a shirt and if I put a front chest logo it is going to cost about $28, so as of right now I am just doing the back of the shirt. Does anyone else know of a cheaper site?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/mxrider52/ace.jpg
vistaprint.com

JayD
01-14-2011, 07:02 PM
vistaprint.com

I would put the full service lawn care at the bottom and the number in the middle..

Mxrider52
01-15-2011, 10:41 PM
I would put the full service lawn care at the bottom and the number in the middle..

Thanks for the help JayD. I am going to see what kind of logo I can get made up and see where it goes from there

JayD
01-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the help JayD. I am going to see what kind of logo I can get made up and see where it goes from there

Sure thing Mxrider, One more thing you should do, when you come up with what you think you like, give it a couple of days and keep going back and look at it some more. because once you pick it, its done, and for me so many times I thought I liked what I had done and when I would go back in a day or two, I would see something wrong with it so it gives you a fresh eye so to speak. This almost always happens when I try to write a letter, draw up a new contract or something...

barko4
01-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Anyone here from Va? More specifically, anyone know of a good place in Va that does screen printing, etc?