PDA

View Full Version : Going rate for irrigation zones in NC?

littledaveslandscape
01-13-2011, 12:46 AM
We normally dont do irrgation and the guy i have to help me is not able to bid this job due to sickness. I am curious to see what the going rate is for a zone in nc and how much does a zone cover as far as square feet. Im trying to piece this together ? Any help willl be appreciated!

littledaveslandscape
01-13-2011, 01:11 AM
Can Anyone Help?

Even Cut Lawn Care
01-13-2011, 01:16 AM
Hire someone who knows what they are doing, you dont just piece together an irrigation system.

BrendonTW
01-13-2011, 01:28 AM
A zone normally covers about 250,000 square feet and runs about $200.

BrendonTW
01-13-2011, 01:30 AM
A zone can be any size man from 10 square feet to acres at a time. And the size varies based off of your PSI and GPM, and your price varies based off of all of that, the size, and about a million other variables.

If you want to maintain a good reputation, sub-contract an irrigation system installer to do the work. There is a LOT of math that goes into irrigation. It's not just something you "piece together".

littledaveslandscape
01-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Hire someone who knows what they are doing, you dont just piece together an irrigation system.

You are right my friend, you dont just piece it together i was just trying to get a ball park figure of what the going rate is... Thanks for your help :)

littledaveslandscape
01-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Thanks for your help, irrigation is not really our thing but the guy that assist us with irrigation needs is out right now and we havent had him to help , so that being said i was just trying to get the job priced but i have got it now i actually took him the blue prints and we got it squared away! Thanks

nlminc
01-14-2011, 11:03 AM
A zone can be any size man from 10 square feet to acres at a time. And the size varies based off of your PSI and GPM, and your price varies based off of all of that, the size, and about a million other variables.

If you want to maintain a good reputation, sub-contract an irrigation system installer to do the work. There is a LOT of math that goes into irrigation. It's not just something you "piece together".

Great advice. In the metro Atlanta area you only hear people pricing irrigation jobs by the zone. I get a few calls and the caller just wants to know if I will install below the 300.00 / zone quote he already recieved. When you try to explain to them .....basically what Brendon said above they don't get it and move on. I will never quote a job by the zone. People want quick and easy now....and they get what they pay for.