PDA

View Full Version : White Outdoor LT 1650 42 in.???

Trim-man
09-01-2002, 11:44 AM
Hey Guys,

Getting new equipment.. What's the scoop on this mower? I've read good things about it in a Consumer Reports magazine.

I'm a residential house owner with about an acre of grass to cut.

Anyone know where I can get a deal on a new one in GA or a state close by or what do you guys recommend I buy?

thanks,

Trim-man
09-30-2002, 05:52 PM
ttt:confused:

amrupp
10-01-2002, 01:19 PM
Trim-man -

DON'T BUT IT.

Residential, one acre - buy a nice commercial 48" walk-behind, add a sulky if you want. You'll spend around the same amount (assuming the walk-behind is used, in nice shape) and cut your grass in less time. Could consider a used ZTR but that's overkill for 1 acre. Also would cost you more. The WHITE will not last as long as a decent commercial WB unit, and the commercial cut will be far superior.

Hope this helps.

Trim-man
10-01-2002, 02:08 PM
Hey amrupp ,

Thanks, any particular model # and brands to buy new or used?

Looking to spend as less as possible of course, but maybe $1,500 to $2,000 should get me a nice unit??

I like the ZTR, but it is about $3,000 or more.

Excuse my ignorance, what is a sulky?? One of those things you stand on with wheels behind the WB.

Thanks,

amrupp
10-01-2002, 02:27 PM
I can't quote any specific model #'s, but look in your area for a used Exmark, Toro or Hustler WB. I think most people will have these at or near the top of their list. $2 K should just about do it, may have to spend a little more. But it's WORTH it.

Sulky, velke, power slide, jungle wheels - they're all sit-on or stand-on attachments to a WB. For one acre, you might not think they're worth it.

Trim-man
10-01-2002, 02:32 PM
Thanks,

I'll check around ...:)