PDA

View Full Version : Marketing

Southern Roots NC
01-13-2011, 12:55 PM
This spring and summer will be our first season in business. I was wondering what's the best way to market our new business. I'm planning on ordering close to 1000 door hangers and pass them out through all the high end neighborhoods. What's the best time of year to pass door hangers and flyers???

AA+ landscaping
01-13-2011, 01:42 PM
This spring and summer will be our first season in business. I was wondering what's the best way to market our new business. I'm planning on ordering close to 1000 door hangers and pass them out through all the high end neighborhoods. What's the best time of year to pass door hangers and flyers???

I have never had luck with door hangers. I have rung door bells, talked to people just didn't have luck handed out over a 1000 just no luck. I think it just doesn't look professional. In the summer I will see hundreds of then on mailboxes, on doors, and blowing around like litter.

Southern Roots NC
01-13-2011, 01:57 PM
So what do you recommend??

JSMLAWNCARE
01-13-2011, 02:27 PM
I would put your business logo on the side of the truck. That is where I get most of my business. However, before you make that step. Make sure your vehicle is insured under a commercial policy and you have liability insurance.

AA+ landscaping
01-13-2011, 02:48 PM
So what do you recommend??

I like to do post cards. I sent you a pm

rnd
01-13-2011, 03:13 PM
visit our website at rndsigns.com, we are offering discounts on all of our promotional materials which includes door hangers, postcards, brochures, statement stuffers and newsletters. We have over hundreds of images to choose from that are exclusive to the green industry.

Also download for FREE our marketing handbook and planner that has helpful tips

walker-talker
01-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Marketing is all about saturation. Pick a particular area that is managable and saturate it with your presence. If you do 1000 door hangers in an area, get signage for your truck. See if there are neeighborhood newsletters for that area and advretise in them. Usually they are just a monthly publication and only charge $20 or $30 to advertise in them (at least the ones around here do). Get yourself 25 or 50 18"x24" yard signs and put them in the area. Order some blackburn flags to put in the area as well. Just flood the area with YOU!

AA+ landscaping
01-13-2011, 06:48 PM
Marketing is all about saturation. Pick a particular area that is managable and saturate it with your presence. If you do 1000 door hangers in an area, get signage for your truck. See if there are neeighborhood newsletters for that area and advretise in them. Usually they are just a monthly publication and only charge $20 or $30 to advertise in them (at least the ones around here do). Get yourself 25 or 50 18"x24" yard signs and put them in the area. Order some blackburn flags to put in the area as well. Just flood the area with YOU!

He is right. Do the postcards in the area that you will spend the most time in. Like he said flood the area. I hate to seeing guys on here saying I sent a 1000 flyers and didn't get 1 call. Its about repetition the more they see your logo/you the they will think of you.

walker-talker
01-13-2011, 07:07 PM
I have tried a couple times of doing 1-time mailings or inserts to monthly news letters with zero to little sucess. A couple years later I did a postcard campaign. Sent out 2500 postcards x2 to a specific market. Although I had increased sucess, it was still nowhere near what a person would want.

walker-talker
01-13-2011, 07:10 PM
I would say you best investment right now would be a book called Guerilla Marketing. Trust me, it will not disappoint.

AA+ landscaping
01-13-2011, 07:12 PM
I have tried a couple times of doing 1-time mailings or inserts to monthly news letters with zero to little sucess. A couple years later I did a postcard campaign. Sent out 2500 postcards x2 to a specific market. Although I had increased sucess, it was still nowhere near what a person would want.

Yes when you get your list you can send they all kinds of flyers like mulch,fez.,and snow,and lights etc

rnd
01-14-2011, 02:42 PM
To answer when is the best time to handout advertising materials I know companies are handing out materials year round but of course a couple months before the season starts is crucial.

Visit our website at rndsigns.com to see hundreds of exclusive layouts that are specific to the green industry and also you can download a FREE marketing handbook and planner

S&S Outdoor Services
01-14-2011, 05:43 PM
I tried flyers but didn't get the results I had expected. Looking back, my flyers were less professional looking than the other 20 sitting in everyone's mailboxes. I also do some online advertising; it seems like you get the calls right when you can't take any more business. Specifically snow plowing, I got a ton of calls during the 20'' storm we got last month but I was so busy with the accounts I already had most of them had to be turned down.
My strategy this year is to be more proactive and call every townhome assoc, apartment complex and retirement home I can find with in reasonable distance and ask if they're taking maintenance bids. For landscape work, I'm calling all the home builders, general contractors and bigger landscape companies I can find for subcontracting jobs.

Leaves B'Gone
01-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Check to see if there is a Money Mailer coupon company in your area, I have placed ads in the packages going out to their customers and the return has been amazing.

Leaves B'Gone
01-19-2011, 07:01 PM
My vehicles are getting wrapped soon and at first all my business can from word of mouth. Texas people rather use a "white guy" rather than a "spanish guy". Seems speaking English makes the difference here.
Check with your Home Owners Assoc. in your area, Well S&S has the right idea. Great Job S&S!!
I come from a marketing background and those ideas work, you have to be in the "face" of the consumer before they will call you. If you can afford to get those magnets on your vehicles do so, cover both sides and the rear. You'll be amazed as to how many calls you get. Web presence in these days pay off as well. Hit your Social Networks as well. And if your lucky Large property management companies will talk to you if you offer better rates, premier services and a smile. Jones Lang LaSalle, Duke Properties, etc..

h2oskier
01-19-2011, 08:56 PM
You mean like this

Leaves B'Gone
01-19-2011, 09:55 PM
I would say you best investment right now would be a book called Guerilla Marketing. Trust me, it will not disappoint.

Yup that's a great book....

Leaves B'Gone
01-19-2011, 09:56 PM
You mean like this
h2oSkier that's one nice truck you have there. Great graphics. Who'd you use? I'm in N.Dallas.

h2oskier
01-19-2011, 10:05 PM
h2oSkier that's one nice truck you have there. Great graphics. Who'd you use? I'm in N.Dallas.

All About Signs in San Angelo, thanks for the props.

walker-talker
01-20-2011, 02:31 PM
All About Signs in San Angelo, thanks for the props.

What does a wrap like that set a guy back, if you don't mind me asking? I thought about doing something like that, but not sure.

Leaves B'Gone
01-20-2011, 02:34 PM
What does a wrap like that set a guy back, if you don't mind me asking? I thought about doing something like that, but not sure.

Wondering that myself...

h2oskier
01-20-2011, 05:31 PM
You should be able to get it done for under a grand, being that you guys are in a bigger market. Hope this helps if not you can always get it done here.

walker-talker
01-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Not bad, cheaper than a good paint job. Can they wrap over rust...lol.

h2oskier
01-20-2011, 05:49 PM

You'd be surprised, mine had a few dings as well.:laugh::laugh:

Leaves B'Gone
01-20-2011, 06:16 PM
I do know someone that had a wrap done and hd rust on the quarter panel, they told him to get some rust over spray and paint the inside of the fender/quarter panel to keep the rust at bay. And that's not a bad price. Larger markets will generally cost more so going to a smaller market to get a wrap is cost efficient.

TheBetterDoorhanger
01-20-2011, 07:00 PM
If you are worried about getting your advertisment to early for some potential customers & too late for others.. go with the early bird gets the worm and make sure to use our Stick-It Door Hangers and Postcards. They don't leave residue... work in extreme temperatures and the bonus is the customer can bring them inside and Stick-It to their fridge so they won't forget to schedule with you. It also helps to keep the ad out of the drawer with all of your competitors ads.

We have lots of great Lawn & Landscaping designs you can choose to customize with your logo or ad and we also offer FREE CUSTOM DESIGN on most of our online specials. - www.AdeasPrinting.com/Products

CURRENT SPECIALS THAT MAY BE JUST WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR
1000 Door Hanger Stick-Its - full color - 4.25 x11 - 1 hour free design-$99.00
5000 for $295 - 1 hour free design & FREE SHIPPING!
5000 Postcard Stick-Its - full color - 9x6 - includes saturation postage & 1 hour free design! - $0.26 each!

CALL OR EMAIL ME ANYTIME!
robin@adeasprinting.com
www.AdeasPrinting.com/Products
866-778-4254 ext 212

Puddle of Oil
01-21-2011, 12:16 AM
a wrap around here range from $1500 to $3500. that's crazy that you can get it done for under 1k!