PDA

View Full Version : Ok here's the plan

chipk1
01-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Seeing that the oil companies and speculators are banning together to raise revenues by raise prices, and seeing how for no reason coffee has doubled in just 1 year due to speculation. And seeing how our the local restaurants and grocery store suppliers are collectively jacking up their prices. Seeing how a quart of oil has tripled in 3 years. Now that the cost of equipment and maintaining it is outpacing averaged LCO revenues......

I say we all band together and ...........

Jack up our rates!

:clapping::clapping::usflag::usflag::usflag::clapping::clapping::clapping::usflag::usflag::usflag:
:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

Now, who's in?

Alluring Lawns
01-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Way ahead of you, I bumping up my rates 25%, from $10 for any lawn up to $12.50. Time to watch the money roll in!

Alan0354
01-13-2011, 12:18 PM
You can jack up your rate, but I think there is a law that forbit companies gang up and set price, something called "anti-trust" or something. You better check the law before you really go out and organize anything to be safe. I don't think any companies really openly meet together and set any price, it must be all hush hush.

exmark user
01-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Im with you no more rollback prices time to jack them up to where theres good profit roll in the dough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chipk1
01-13-2011, 12:22 PM
You can jack up your rate, but I think there is a law that forbit companies gang up and set price, something called "anti-trust" or something. You better check the law before you really go out and organize anything to be safe. I don't think any companies really openly meet together and set any price, it must be all hush hush.

Ohhh... Ok than this is a hush hush thread.. DO NOT tell anyone about it!

Someone should tell these other companies that it is illegal to do that also.

But it is the :usflag: way!

Alan0354
01-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Ohhh... Ok than this is a hush hush thread.. DO NOT tell anyone about it!

Someone should tell these other companies that it is illegal to do that also.

But it is the :usflag: way!

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

They know, a lot of thing can be done without saying.

JB1
01-13-2011, 05:31 PM

now thats funny. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Agape
01-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Seeing that the oil companies and speculators are banning together to raise revenues by raise prices, and seeing how for no reason coffee has doubled in just 1 year due to speculation. And seeing how our the local restaurants and grocery store suppliers are collectively jacking up their prices. Seeing how a quart of oil has tripled in 3 years. Now that the cost of equipment and maintaining it is outpacing averaged LCO revenues......

Jack up our rates!

:clapping::clapping::usflag::usflag::usflag::clapping::clapping::clapping::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Now, who's in?

I think that only works if you can get all the LCOs in your area

Agape
01-13-2011, 07:57 PM

gas stations do it

QualityLawnCare4u
01-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Here is the problem with the plan. Gas, groceries, etc are a necessity, lawn care is a luxury. What will be one of the first things folks cut lose when they are tightening they budget, lawn care, maid care, and the likes.

I would like to raise my prices but unemployment is so bad here folks are begging for jobs and LCO's are a dime a dozen. Its sux when we are expendable!

Knight511
01-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Yes.... yeeeeessss..... everybody jack up your rates.....

so I can come in behind you and steal your lawns!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

don't like price fixing... won't buy products from companies that do it... ;)

MOW ED
01-14-2011, 10:57 AM
I am not banding together with anyone here but I am going to raise rates this year. I held close over the last few and a modest increase is in the picture. I have good customers that are long term and I am pretty sure they won't give me much grief.

Patriot Services
01-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Need to start by cleaning up our demographic. Illegals get tossed back over the fence. Unlicensed, tax evading hacks are forced into fruit and veggie picking jobs previously held by the illegals. While we are at it how about our own political party. We can call "the real grassroots"
Posted via Mobile Device

Alan0354
01-14-2011, 12:20 PM
Need to start by cleaning up our demographic. Illegals get tossed back over the fence. Unlicensed, tax evading hacks are forced into fruit and veggie picking jobs previously held by the illegals. While we are at it how about our own political party. We can call "the real grassroots"
Posted via Mobile Device

Both parties paddling illegals for votes. Republicans have no back bone also. Look at how they throw oblunder a life line right before the end of the year. We'll just have to see if some of the new Tea Party members will really stand up for the people.

Knight511
01-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Hoping (on the local front) my state does away with "safe haven" cities for illegals... there shouldn't be a government sponsored safe place for people breaking the law... and this is one of the BIG republican/tea party states... the fewer illegals, the fewer competitors...

Patriot Services
01-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Hoping (on the local front) my state does away with "safe haven" cities for illegals... there shouldn't be a government sponsored safe place for people breaking the law... and this is one of the BIG republican/tea party states... the fewer illegals, the fewer competitors...

Keep havens open. Easier to round them up when this country finally comes to its senses.
Posted via Mobile Device

Richard Martin
01-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Speculators huh? Are you familiar with the law of supply and demand? If you want to find the real reason for the increases in prices you need not look any further than our own Federal Reserve. They're the people that are creating money at the rate of about $3 billion a day. They're blowing a huge stock market bubble up that will burst and when it does we're really gonna be in trouble.

Patriot Services
01-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Speculators huh? Are you familiar with the law of supply and demand? If you want to find the real reason for the increases in prices you need not look any further than our own Federal Reserve. They're the people that are creating money at the rate of about $3 billion a day. They're blowing a huge stock market bubble up that will burst and when it does we're really gonna be in trouble.
Yea, ink and paper are in no short supply. No body ever learns from history.
Posted via Mobile Device

Richard Martin
01-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Yea, ink and paper are in no short supply. No body ever learns from history.

They don't even need ink or paper. All of the money they're creating now is virtual money. It exists only in computers. The worldwide supply of actual physical money (including change) is under $1 trillion with most of it being held outside of the United States.

The only people that really know how much virtual money has been created is the Federal Reserve. It is easily in the tens and tens of trillions if not hundereds of trillions of dollars. Remember, the Federal Reserve can create money at will. They are not accountable to anyone and are not a part of the United States government.

Alan0354
01-14-2011, 03:54 PM

What state? In my state, Palosi told the illegals they are patriots!!! Send all the illegals to Calif, bring down the state so we can start over again. That's the only way to safe Calif. I have not seen any non Mexican LCO yet in my area !!!

Knight511
01-14-2011, 05:52 PM
What state? In my state, Palosi told the illegals they are patriots!!! Send all the illegals to Calif, bring down the state so we can start over again. That's the only way to safe Calif. I have not seen any non Mexican LCO yet in my area !!!

Send the illegals to CA to bring it down? You mean to weigh it down so it will break off into the ocean? In my area most LCOs seem like they would be in some trouble and there would be a NICE supply of open accounts if they suddenly all disappeared... :)

Have I mentioned that I can't Palosi and everything she stands for... she is a monarch that no longer cares what the people actually say... of course, I am not fond of my senator because she is doing nothing to stop the state sanctioned THEFT of my property in the form of mineral rights... but that is a whole other issue... :laugh:

944own
01-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Maybe we could get some of that bail out cheese.:dancing:

Knight511
01-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Maybe we could get some of that bail out cheese.:dancing:

Bought a new house 2 years ago... got $8K in bail out cheese... replaced some windows in 09... got another $900 in cheese... replaced more windows and my garage door... got another $1500 in cheese... I have both stimulated the economy and have been stimulated by it. :laugh:

loupiscopolandscaping
01-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Lets do it!!!

Alan0354
01-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Send the illegals to CA to bring it down? You mean to weigh it down so it will break off into the ocean? In my area most LCOs seem like they would be in some trouble and there would be a NICE supply of open accounts if they suddenly all disappeared... :)

Have I mentioned that I can't Palosi and everything she stands for... she is a monarch that no longer cares what the people actually say... of course, I am not fond of my senator because she is doing nothing to stop the state sanctioned THEFT of my property in the form of mineral rights... but that is a whole other issue... :laugh:

One way or the other, either bring Ca into bankruptcy or weight it down to the ocean. I am so disgused that they still elect Brown as Gov and sent Boxer back to senate. The state is hopeless, all sell out to the mexicans.

chipk1
01-14-2011, 09:06 PM
I am seriously looking at a min of 10% increase. I have no choice. My living and business expenses are killing me. Prices going up everywhere. Went into Publix grocery store to buy some Maxwell house coffee. 11.99!!!!! I coudl by that exact same coffee last year for 5.99! I figure those employees at Maxwell house are getting fatter while I am getting skinnier. Time to change the tides. 2011 it is my turn!!

944own
01-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Bought a new house 2 years ago... got $8K in bail out cheese... replaced some windows in 09... got another $900 in cheese... replaced more windows and my garage door... got another $1500 in cheese... I have both stimulated the economy and have been stimulated by it. :laugh:

Im glad someone is getting something out of all of this besides the big guys I know I have not got shxxt.:weightlifter:

TheGoat
01-14-2011, 11:44 PM

Unfortunately when it comes to lawn service ('http://www.hungrygoatlawns.com"), price directly effects demand.

You might squeeze a few more bucks out of most people, but it would not be long until they are shopping(and finding) less expensive service providers.

All you would be doing in the end is pumping cash to the startups who maintain lower overhead than I get the feeling most are running here...

Engaging in practices damaging to the consumer never end well, either the government punishes you, or the market does.

lyndont
01-15-2011, 01:31 AM
I live in oklahoma one of the reddest states out there but illegals seem to be taking most of the construction and labor jobs down here so I don't ever see people down here ever forming unions or laws to stop it. Contractors that are legal just bid on anything they can get there hands on and sub it on down. That's the downside to a right to work state. I lived most of my life in northwest indiana and most jobs up there are union jobs but then they usually get carried away and too big and honestly I don't know which is better but I wish someone could figure it out.
Posted via Mobile Device

yardguy28
01-15-2011, 11:26 AM

Jack up our rates!

Now, who's in?

leave me out of it. i can still do business at the rates i'm charging. i don't care what the rest of you do. i'm still doing just fine leaving my rates where they are.

Patriot Services
01-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Must...... resist.....urge....... to......speak.......mind!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Agape
01-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Must...... resist.....urge....... to......speak.......mind!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

..............useless.

Patriot Services
01-15-2011, 12:05 PM
..............useless.

I hope you don't think my post was meant for you Ag.
Posted via Mobile Device

Agape
01-15-2011, 12:45 PM
I hope you don't think my post was meant for you Ag.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know it wasn't, and I think we all know who it was lol

chipk1
01-15-2011, 01:48 PM
leave me out of it. i can still do business at the rates i'm charging. i don't care what the rest of you do. i'm still doing just fine leaving my rates where they are.

Hmm... Now that I think about it. My 2006 rates are fine also! Nevermind....I'm good! :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Ooops ... I'm sorry, I couldn't resist....

ShooterK2
01-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Unfortunately when it comes to lawn service ('http://www.hungrygoatlawns.com"), price directly effects demand.

You might squeeze a few more bucks out of most people, but it would not be long until they are shopping(and finding) less expensive service providers.

All you would be doing in the end is pumping cash to the startups who maintain lower overhead than I get the feeling most are running here...

Engaging in practices damaging to the consumer never end well, either the government punishes you, or the market does.

This is so true. Raising one or two that were underpriced to begin with or who are hard to deal with is one thing, but raising every account you have seems kind of foolish to me. You'll lose a large percentage of them, and you'll likely lose the trust of the ones who don't immediately dump you. If you're charging too much, they WILL start looking around.

This thread is a very good example of why it's of utmost importance to keep overhead LOW.

kyajsl
01-15-2011, 05:29 PM
I would like to see a poll on how many guys on here actually rely solly on there lco for there income.
Posted via Mobile Device

Agape
01-15-2011, 05:32 PM
I would like to see a poll on how many guys on here actually rely solly on there lco for there income.
Posted via Mobile Device

............................I do.

Patriot Services
01-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

What does this have to do with charging a fair price? Should a part timer charge less? BTW "solly" is what a chinaman says when he makes a mistake.
Posted via Mobile Device

Agape
01-15-2011, 06:12 PM
What does this have to do with charging a fair price? Should a part timer charge less? BTW "solly" is what a chinaman says when he makes a mistake.
Posted via Mobile Device

thought it was "sworly"

Patriot Services
01-15-2011, 06:40 PM
thought it was "sworly"

No, that's what a nerd gets in the bathroom.
Posted via Mobile Device

BrunoT
01-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Trillions of dollars in deficit spending over the last few years and monetization of that debt by the federal reserve (printing money) and European national banks is why virtually all commodities have gone up.

When you increase the money supply there are more dollars chasing the same amount of goods and services. That is monetary inflation by definition. Or did you think we could just print money with no negative consequence?

And if you think literally millions of people around the world who own oil contracts, gold, copper, etc are conspiring to "fix" the price you have little understanding of markets. If they can do that, why did they get together to "allow" us to have cheap gas the last couple of years?

It isn't OPEC, it isn't a conspiracy, it's simply rampant overspending by governments being paid for by creating money out of thin air and supply/demand factors.

Did you realize there are about 10 times as many vehicles in China as there were 20 years ago? Same with India. They have what, 3 BILLION people? Their entire economies are expanding, China's at something like 8%/year. Think that might be a factor in oil going up?

So no, I think I'll pass on the lawncare cabal.

QUOTE=chipk1;3854928]Seeing that the oil companies and speculators are banning together to raise revenues by raise prices, and seeing how for no reason coffee has doubled in just 1 year due to speculation. And seeing how our the local restaurants and grocery store suppliers are collectively jacking up their prices. Seeing how a quart of oil has tripled in 3 years. Now that the cost of equipment and maintaining it is outpacing averaged LCO revenues......

Jack up our rates!

Now, who's in?[/QUOTE]

Patriot Services
01-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Bruno, what hasn't gone up over time regardless of the state of the world economy? Are you telling me you have no problem spending more and earning the same? You sound too smart not to run your business with upward profit margins.
Posted via Mobile Device

tjlco
01-15-2011, 08:09 PM
In my area of Florida, I could raise my rates. Then the next guy who is a legit service would not. I have read on here quality counts blah blah blah. We do a great job as most of you do as well. So do the lco's in my area. I have few "hacks" in my area. Bottom line is overhead!!!! Keep it down, and offer as many things as you can to the clients you have. Mulch, rock, sod, lighting, shrub care, palms, tree limbs, weed control in beds. Upsell this stuff while doing lawn service. Focus on tight routes. I have 65 lawns in one neighborhood. Thats my Thursday route. All these little things help make it work, again its only my opinion, but its worked for us

Patriot Services
01-15-2011, 08:18 PM
In my area of Florida, I could raise my rates. Then the next guy who is a legit service would not. I have read on here quality counts blah blah blah. We do a great job as most of you do as well. So do the lco's in my area. I have few "hacks" in my area. Bottom line is overhead!!!! Keep it down, and offer as many things as you can to the clients you have. Mulch, rock, sod, lighting, shrub care, palms, tree limbs, weed control in beds. Upsell this stuff while doing lawn service. Focus on tight routes. I have 65 lawns in one neighborhood. Thats my Thursday route. All these little things help make it work, again its only my opinion, but its worked for us

65 full service lawns in one day. I know we have small yards in most areas. How many crews is that? Those are extraordinary numbers.
Posted via Mobile Device

tjlco
01-15-2011, 08:35 PM
We don't do full service for everybody, in fact 95% are mow n go. However we offer the extra stuff, for a price. Most of them will call me when they want extra work done. I never got in to including extras with lawn service, unless its commercial. Not sure why really, guess I just like the idea of not having to do shrubs for 275 people a week. Not that my way is right or better than anyones, it just works for me. If the side work can be finished in the same time as the rest of us finish lawns, we'll do it on cutting day if not, we save Friday afternoon/ Saturday for side work.

yardguy28
01-16-2011, 01:23 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

i do...........

Bruno, what hasn't gone up over time regardless of the state of the world economy? Are you telling me you have no problem spending more and earning the same? You sound too smart not to run your business with upward profit margins.
Posted via Mobile Device

it might not be what he or most are saying......

but its what i'm saying.............

Agape
01-16-2011, 01:42 AM
i do...........

it might not be what he or most are saying......

but its what i'm saying.............

ppphhhhhbblllttttt!!! (blowing raspberry) lol