PDA

View Full Version : scag electronic control module

johnnycaker
01-13-2011, 02:16 PM
I need some help locating an ecu for a scag 61 tiger 29 dfi..Part # 21175-2061..Everywhere I look it's over 500 bucks, any suggestions? Thanks

cborden
01-13-2011, 04:03 PM
That's about what I paid for mine.

ed2hess
01-13-2011, 08:07 PM
I would figure out a way to wire around that control modulel, if I couldn't get a used one.

pugs
01-13-2011, 10:17 PM
I would figure out a way to wire around that control modulel, if I couldn't get a used one.

This I would like to see. Its the computer that runs the fuel injection I believe...

Its actually a Kawasaki part so you arent limited to scag...but list price is about 527. Ouch, I wanna say the Kohler EFI box was around 300 or so for the last one I sold, but that was a few years ago...

ed2hess
01-14-2011, 01:32 AM
This I would like to see. Its the computer that runs the fuel injection I believe...

Its actually a Kawasaki part so you arent limited to scag...but list price is about 527. Ouch, I wanna say the Kohler EFI box was around 300 or so for the last one I sold, but that was a few years ago...

I thought it was the module used on the regular engine Scags. I know it is
pretty darn expensive and I thought is manged the interlocks in some fashion.

Richard Martin
01-14-2011, 03:03 AM
I thought it was the module used on the regular engine Scags. I know it is pretty darn expensive and I thought is manged the interlocks in some fashion.

Nope. It's the computer. $$$$

P.Services
01-14-2011, 04:17 AM
Your bottom pins broke off didn't they? I put out a public service bulletin to all DFI owners about the importance of greasing them.

There's a good chance you need a new pig tail also........ Guess what the price of that is? I will give you a hint....its almost as much.
Posted via Mobile Device

LibertyFarmLandscaping
01-14-2011, 05:18 AM
Another valuable lesson in running good ole air cooled !

P.Services
01-14-2011, 06:02 AM
My dfi burns one tank in a day, my air cooled burns almost 2 tanks in a day. That ads up when they run 6 days a week.
Posted via Mobile Device

Richard Martin
01-14-2011, 08:03 AM
And yet strangely enough the Kaw DFI is air cooled.

LibertyFarmLandscaping
01-14-2011, 10:01 AM
My dfi burns one tank in a day, my air cooled burns almost 2 tanks in a day. That ads up when they run 6 days a week.
Posted via Mobile Device

I ran 3 TT's with 35 hp Vanguards this year between 6-800 hours at 1.6 gph average for the season. When I compare on Scag's fuel savings chart for the DFI it claims the DFI averages 1.6 gph. I guess they get alot better than that?

Copy and pasted from Scag.com:

The "With Fuel Injection" field will populate using your data at a consumption rate of 1.6 gallons per hour. This is a quick way to see the difference a fuel injected engine could make to your bottom line.

LibertyFarmLandscaping
01-14-2011, 10:04 AM

Copy and pasted from Scag.com

Scag Fuel Consumption - Fuel Injection pays for itself and more!

Fuel-injected, liquid-cooled engines do cost more initially however that initial premium can be paid back rather quickly. Not only are you reducing your operating costs and increasing profitability, but you are burning less fuel and that is good for the environment.

Liquid-cooled engines typically last longer than air-cooled engines, providing additional value. Fuel injection gives additional benefits with choke-free operation and easy cold-weather starting. These are high-performance engines and deliver lots of horsepower to get the job done faster and easier.

The Scag Turf Tiger is offered with two fuel-injected, liquid-cooled engine options, a 29hp Kawasaki DFI (Digital Fuel Injection) and a 31hp Kohler EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection). Both engines, while high in horsepower output, consume less fuel than some smaller carbureted, air-cooled engines.

Calculate your current fuel cost per year by entering in your hours and weeks per year of operation, how much fuel your current engine uses and the cost of fuel in your area.

The "With Fuel Injection" field will populate using your data at a consumption rate of 1.6 gallons per hour. This is a quick way to see the difference a fuel injected engine could make to your bottom line.

MOHUSTLER
01-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Your going to have to bite the bullet and pay the 500$. We have had them break pins and also get moisture in them from power washing to close to them. They did not get a good enough seal to prevent water from the high pressure wash. Kawi told us to tell the customers to avoid power washing around them or anywhere near them.

P.Services
01-14-2011, 04:48 PM

No it isn't buddy
Posted via Mobile Device