PDA

View Full Version : Employees!!!!!

Wright48
01-13-2011, 03:23 PM
We all go threw the same problems with employees , you find them train them , they leave. I have had some problems with this im paying the going rate in my area actually more then the going rate and finding good help is hard. Anybody else have problems finding trustworthy hard working employees ??? most of my employees are threw referals im thinking of just putting an add in the paper this year asking for experienced help any suggestions ??

gasracer
01-13-2011, 05:59 PM
If you put a ad in the paper you better brush up on your Spanish. You will get a lot of calls from people who don't know what a ZTR is regardless of what you ask for. Just have to weed through them.

SNAPPER MAN
01-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Learn Spanish and your employee problems will be solved.
Posted via Mobile Device

gasracer
01-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I am sorry but this AMERICA and we speak ENGLISH,I require people who work for me to do the same.They must be able to communicate with Me as well as clients.
I have had better luck with referrals than ads in the paper.

(I didn't mean to high jack the thread but had to say it)
Peace out.

RPM90
01-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

agree 100% im still trying to learn spanish better but 100% agree

SDLandscapes VT
01-13-2011, 07:17 PM
good luck finding an English speaker who is as dedicated as most of the Spanish speakers. America has always been and will always continue to be a melting pot. When your ancestors came over they probably didnt speak the exact language/dialect. Bottom line is the hispanic guys work hard, show up on time, and do quality work.....that is lacking in the "American" worker

Dogbonz
01-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Maybe word your ad to say,, Need a good job? I got one, you must be willing to work as hard as a Mexican, be on time, and speak English! Good luck getting any of today's youth to respond to that! unless there Mexican!

RPM90
01-13-2011, 08:37 PM
as sdlandscapes said... i look at it this way. When most of our ancestors came here they didnt speak english, but they worked there asses off to make what they could for their family to give them a better life. They didnt speak english and all the people already here hated them like people hate mexicans now and days. But mexicans are here to do one thing and one this only work as hard as they can, as long as they can, and make as much money as they can to give their families a better life. that is just what i see with my guys who work their asses off and who all all hispanic

starry night
01-13-2011, 08:51 PM
And all the guys on unemployment compensation !!

I got fewer inquiries from job seekers in 2010 than ever.

mslawn
01-13-2011, 08:53 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I disagree.

I have some pretty good American employees right now and some of them have been employed with me for 5-10 years. Hope to keep them as long as possible. When one does quit, I will find another American worker to take his place.

:usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:

exmark user
01-13-2011, 09:08 PM
I am white and 16 I have some freinds who are 19 and some that are in highschool with me that are white. The 1 in highschool I had working for me is experienced but is always 10 mins late or something back talks and wants to do what he wants tells me I'm weedeating and what hes doing. I also caught him smoking weed in my truck!!That was the last straw hes gone.The 1 thats 20 Never back talks we get along good he just isn't dependable and only works we he needs marlboros.I have worked A spanish employee that my age has a little experience because his dad works for a landcsaping business but he lives with his aunt because he has to work to pay child support in mexico and to save up his girlfreind a greecard ,he also pays rent to his aunt.He works very hard never back talks always does what i tell him and respects me and my equipment (the white kid took my mower off in a creek but it was a bank mowing in the pouring rain)he speaks english but not very good I really like him and are glad to have him as orker and a freind

When it comes down to workers hispanics are better and dont mind to work hard for someone . White people like me and you LCO ( and Hispanic LCO) work hard but white people wont work hard for other people hispanics will .

Also I dont care what he speaks I respect his culture and FOOD he always brings us tacos and food YUM!!

sdk1959
01-13-2011, 09:16 PM
good luck finding an English speaker who is as dedicated as most of the Spanish speakers. America has always been and will always continue to be a melting pot. When your ancestors came over they probably didnt speak the exact language/dialect. Bottom line is the Hispanic guys work hard, show up on time, and do quality work.....that is lacking in the "American" worker

Or you could pay the "America" worker the equivalent in buying power a dollar buys in Mexico which is about what $5.00 buys here. $1 = 12-13 Mexican Peso's. So if your paying your Mexican help $12.00Hr that money is buys/worth about $60.00 in Mexico.

Pay a American worker $60.00Hr & they too will bust their a$$ for you. It's all about equivalent wages nothing else. Mexican workers send that money back home to Mexico, to them it's like hitting the lottery, many of them will buy a house in their early 20's because they can get one for $50,000-$60,000 in a good areas. Not bad for a job that you don't need a college education or trade school for.

Meanwhile back in the what used to be the good ole' USA we have young couples in their 20's both with professional jobs struggling to pay back college student loans and save what they can for a decent house in a decent neighborhood.

exmark user
01-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Or you could pay the "America" worker the equivalent in buying power a dollar buys in Mexico which is about what $5.00 buys here. $1 = 12-13 Mexican Peso's. So if your paying your Mexican help $12.00Hr that money is buys/worth about $60.00 in Mexico.

Pay a American worker $60.00Hr & they too will bust their a$$ for you. It's all about equivalent wages nothing else. Mexican workers send that money back home to Mexico, to them it's like hitting the lottery, many of them will buy a house in their early 20's because they can get one for $50,000-$60,000 in a good areas. Not bad for a job that you don't need a college education or trade school for.

Meanwhile back in the what used to be the good ole' USA we have young couples in their 20's both with professional jobs struggling to pay back college student loans and save what they can for a decent house in a decent neighborhood.
Exactly so go with hispanics that way your happy and and thaey do good work and enjoy there job WIN-WIN

sdk1959
01-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Exactly so go with hispanics that way your happy and and thaey do good work and enjoy there job WIN-WIN

Well if a Canadian dollar is ever worth $5 here I'd be going to Canada. Be sending that money back here! Beach house down the N.J. shore, yeah baby! :laugh:

SDLandscapes VT
01-13-2011, 09:58 PM
you can pay them all you want, but at the end of the day most folks think I owe them money--I do if and only if they earn it. My hispanic guys in the past always earned the money can't always say the same for the Americans. Sad commentary since we have so many collecting unemployment

sdk1959
01-13-2011, 10:08 PM
you can pay them all you want, but at the end of the day most folks think I owe them money--I do if and only if they earn it. My Hispanic guys in the past always earned the money can't always say the same for the Americans. Sad commentary since we have so many collecting unemployment

Start paying your Mexican help $2.00Hr, that's worth about $10.00Hr in Mexico. See if they stay working for you, much less having them still work hard for you. All in the exchange rate, nothing more. Money motivates people. Always had, always will.

SDLandscapes VT
01-13-2011, 10:18 PM
You miss the point sdk1959 I pay fair--perhaps beyond fair what I m telling you is more money doesn't get the Americans to work on time or not hung over and it certainly won't get them to go the extra mile. They still want to leave as soon as possible and they cut corners to make that possible...money is a motivator to a point, but if people don't want to work hard just collect a check it doesn't really matter to them what the hourly rate is--only so much as to see how much they can screw you

sdk1959
01-14-2011, 12:38 AM
You miss the point sdk1959 I pay fair--perhaps beyond fair what I m telling you is more money doesn't get the Americans to work on time or not hung over and it certainly won't get them to go the extra mile. They still want to leave as soon as possible and they cut corners to make that possible...money is a motivator to a point, but if people don't want to work hard just collect a check it doesn't really matter to them what the hourly rate is--only so much as to see how much they can screw you

As I stated in my earlier post, it's all about the exchange rate. You pay fair wages in American dollars for physical unskilled labor but to match it here with what those wages would buy in Mexico you would have to pay $50-$60Hr which of course you can't.

Money motivates Mexicans to work hard because for every dollar they earn here and send back home in Mexico is worth about 12-13 peso's and that is the equivalent of $5.00 here. Why do you think a bunch of them will rent and live in a one or two bedroom apartment while they are staying here? Because for every dollar they DON"T spend here is worth the equivalent $5.00 in Mexico, the more they save the more they make. They don't cross deserts or pay off smugglers to get them here just to earn a "average" wage.

You can put any spin on it you want, just like a politician but exchange rates are a fact and cannot be denied & a 5 to 1 return for every dollar you earn is serious money & serious money generates serious motivation.

soloscaperman
01-14-2011, 01:28 AM
Look at the huge LCO's here. The ones that are rich hire Mexicans. You can lear from the greedy rich LCO's.

sdk1959
01-14-2011, 06:23 AM
People seem to forget the concept of money motivates people. A Mexican can work his a$$ at home in Mexico for average wages. Why does he come hundreds to thousands of miles to the USA to work? The exchange rate. For every dollar he earns here is worth about $5.00 back home in Mexico. Nice little return on his money.

If the Canadian dollar was ever worth $5.00 here Americans too would flock to Canada and Americans would have a rep of working their a$$ off.

coolluv
01-14-2011, 08:15 AM
I'll throw my 2 cents in. I never worked with illegals until I came to Ga. Ive been in construction most of my life over 20 years and I will say this. When I was a young guy I started off as a laborer and I did every bull crap job related to construction. I worked for small and large outfits and I spent 10 hr days running an 80lb jack hammer busting concrete until I couldn't feel my hands. I worked behind a paving machine all day shoveling, looting, standing on 320 degree asphalt for 12 hr days or longer in 95 degree weather. I would drink water all day and never take a leak, just sweat it out. I tied steel all day doing bridge work and your feet would hurt so bad from standing on steel rebar and your back would be so sore you couldn't stand up straight, and then finished concrete until well into the night.

All the guys I worked with were white guys and they busted their butts too. But that was years ago before Xbox and Generation X. I'm a Baby Boomer and that Generation worked, not like Gen X and Gen Y. I used to volunteer for overtime because I wanted to make as much money as I could, just like the illegals do today. Things are different today then they were back then. Now every young guy wants to start at the top and get paid well and not do any physical labor. When I was a Superintendent I went through guys like crazy. Same things you guys complain about I went through, show up late or not at all, want to leave early for one reason or another, on drugs or come to work hungover. Its a shame how things have become in this country.

But that is what the govt. wants, "Keep the American People Fat and Stupid", that way they can do what they want and no body questions it. I still believe there are people that are willing to work hard and I had a few working with me in construction, but there are not as many as there used to be. I will say this also, the illegals that are fresh from their country are the hardest workers, but once they have been here for awhile they get just as lazy as most Americans. Not all of them but a good amount, and the illegals that are born and raised here have been Americanized and are just as lazy. When they come here they are scared and will work there butts off but when they figure out that they are safe because no one will do anything about it then they can be just as bad as Americans.

They used to work for what ever you would pay them, now they tell you what you are going to pay them, at least down here. Not the fresh guys but the guys that have been here for a few years. As a side note, these guys are not all from Mexico, most are but there are Guatemalans, Nicaraguans,Salvadorans and whats funny is they all don't like the Mexicans. Another side note is they all speak a different slang of Spanish, I could not believe that some couldn't understand what the other was saying in Spanish because you have to realize they are uneducated and they don't speak true Spanish.

I bought a learn to speak Spanish CD and tried to learn Spanish and it was for Spanish that is spoken in Spain and most of what I learned they didn't have a clue what the hell I was trying to say.:laugh: So if you buy a Spanish program that is for Spain your wasting your money. Just thought I would throw that in there for you guys. I don't blame them for coming here, I would do the same thing. But what is happening to this country is because of the millions of illegals coming here they are depressing wages. Now the govt. loves that and so do all the large corporations. That is why nothing is done about it and that is why corporations spend millions of dollars each year sending lobbyist to Washington each year to pay off politicians with campaign donations and kickbacks so that they continue to ignore it at the Middle Classes expense.

You have the construction industry and the hotel and restaurant industry, Agriculture,Landscaping and on and on that rely on these workers and they know they can pay them low wages and make massive profits. What a deal right. So there is no real effort to get rid of these people and close the borders. Little side note also is that because our southern boarder is wide open there are Terrorist that are contacting the drug cartels in Mexico and the drug cartels are helping disguise these guys as Mexicans and helping them get into the country. Now these guys have one thing on their mind and that is to destroy this country(sleeper cells).

These guys are just waiting for the signal to act, and when they do all hell is going to break loose. With all of these countries that hate America getting access to nukes and the material to build nukes, how long before you wake up to the news of a suit case nuke going off in down town Atlanta or Boston or wherever. Its going to happen, you can bet you @$$. So think about this, when you hire those illegals and you contribute to the problem and you help to keep the borders open etc. What happens if your wife or children are at the mall or at their job or just happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and you get the phone call or you hear on the news about the bomb or nuke or whatever just destroyed half the city that your wife or children were in.

Would you blame the bomber or would you blame the govt. and the lack of security or would you blame yourself for being a contributor and enabler to the problem. I talked to people up north that put adds in the paper for snow shovelers paying $10 hr and had hundreds of people wanting the job, and had people begging to hire them because they needed the work, and would break down crying telling how bad their situation was. All are white American guys looking for work, there out there and you can find them. This country is on the brink of destruction because everyone has this attitude that its all about them and they live in their own little world. Meanwhile we have the worst school systems and corrupt politicians that get into office to make themselves rich and could care less about you and your family. People though are starting to wake up and I just hope we can stop the train before it runs off the cliff.

Support America and American workers because as more and more of these illegals come here the more prices for services are going to fall and the more your standard of living is going to go down. You guys that have illegals in your state know what I'm talking about and you see how hard it is to compete with these guys and how prices are falling like a rock and how your expenses are rising. How long before you have to call it quits because your doing things the right and legal way and your illegal competition is taking all of your work. And for you guys that are not having to deal with illegals, well with over 25 million here already(that's the govt. number but the real number is more than double that) how long before they come to a theater near you.

Just saying... :usflag:

Dave...

Jimslawncareservice
01-14-2011, 08:42 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

thats not the only answer. i have been screwed by spanish speaking workers too. you just have to weed through all the canidates and find a good one and pay them crazy to keep them

gasracer
01-14-2011, 09:01 AM
I'll throw my 2 cents in. I never worked with illegals until I came to Ga. Ive been in construction most of my life over 20 years and I will say this. When I was a young guy I started off as a laborer and I did every bull crap job related to construction. I worked for small and large outfits and I spent 10 hr days running an 80lb jack hammer busting concrete until I couldn't feel my hands. I worked behind a paving machine all day shoveling, looting, standing on 320 degree asphalt for 12 hr days or longer in 95 degree weather. I would drink water all day and never take a leak, just sweat it out. I tied steel all day doing bridge work and your feet would hurt so bad from standing on steel rebar and your back would be so sore you couldn't stand up straight, and then finished concrete until well into the night.

All the guys I worked with were white guys and they busted their butts too. But that was years ago before Xbox and Generation X. I'm a Baby Boomer and that Generation worked, not like Gen X and Gen Y. I used to volunteer for overtime because I wanted to make as much money as I could, just like the illegals do today. Things are different today then they were back then. Now every young guy wants to start at the top and get paid well and not do any physical labor. When I was a Superintendent I went through guys like crazy. Same things you guys complain about I went through, show up late or not at all, want to leave early for one reason or another, on drugs or come to work hungover. Its a shame how things have become in this country.

But that is what the govt. wants, "Keep the American People Fat and Stupid", that way they can do what they want and no body questions it. I still believe there are people that are willing to work hard and I had a few working with me in construction, but there are not as many as there used to be. I will say this also, the illegals that are fresh from their country are the hardest workers, but once they have been here for awhile they get just as lazy as most Americans. Not all of them but a good amount, and the illegals that are born and raised here have been Americanized and are just as lazy. When they come here they are scared and will work there butts off but when they figure out that they are safe because no one will do anything about it then they can be just as bad as Americans.

They used to work for what ever you would pay them, now they tell you what you are going to pay them, at least down here. Not the fresh guys but the guys that have been here for a few years. As a side note, these guys are not all from Mexico, most are but there are Guatemalans, Nicaraguans,Salvadorans and whats funny is they all don't like the Mexicans. Another side note is they all speak a different slang of Spanish, I could not believe that some couldn't understand what the other was saying in Spanish because you have to realize they are uneducated and they don't speak true Spanish.

I bought a learn to speak Spanish CD and tried to learn Spanish and it was for Spanish that is spoken in Spain and most of what I learned they didn't have a clue what the hell I was trying to say.:laugh: So if you buy a Spanish program that is for Spain your wasting your money. Just thought I would throw that in there for you guys. I don't blame them for coming here, I would do the same thing. But what is happening to this country is because of the millions of illegals coming here they are depressing wages. Now the govt. loves that and so do all the large corporations. That is why nothing is done about it and that is why corporations spend millions of dollars each year sending lobbyist to Washington each year to pay off politicians with campaign donations and kickbacks so that they continue to ignore it at the Middle Classes expense.

You have the construction industry and the hotel and restaurant industry, Agriculture,Landscaping and on and on that rely on these workers and they know they can pay them low wages and make massive profits. What a deal right. So there is no real effort to get rid of these people and close the borders. Little side note also is that because our southern boarder is wide open there are Terrorist that are contacting the drug cartels in Mexico and the drug cartels are helping disguise these guys as Mexicans and helping them get into the country. Now these guys have one thing on their mind and that is to destroy this country(sleeper cells).

These guys are just waiting for the signal to act, and when they do all hell is going to break loose. With all of these countries that hate America getting access to nukes and the material to build nukes, how long before you wake up to the news of a suit case nuke going off in down town Atlanta or Boston or wherever. Its going to happen, you can bet you @$$. So think about this, when you hire those illegals and you contribute to the problem and you help to keep the borders open etc. What happens if your wife or children are at the mall or at their job or just happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and you get the phone call or you hear on the news about the bomb or nuke or whatever just destroyed half the city that your wife or children were in.

Would you blame the bomber or would you blame the govt. and the lack of security or would you blame yourself for being a contributor and enabler to the problem. I talked to people up north that put adds in the paper for snow shovelers paying $10 hr and had hundreds of people wanting the job, and had people begging to hire them because they needed the work, and would break down crying telling how bad their situation was. All are white American guys looking for work, there out there and you can find them. This country is on the brink of destruction because everyone has this attitude that its all about them and they live in their own little world. Meanwhile we have the worst school systems and corrupt politicians that get into office to make themselves rich and could care less about you and your family. People though are starting to wake up and I just hope we can stop the train before it runs off the cliff.

Support America and American workers because as more and more of these illegals come here the more prices for services are going to fall and the more your standard of living is going to go down. You guys that have illegals in your state know what I'm talking about and you see how hard it is to compete with these guys and how prices are falling like a rock and how your expenses are rising. How long before you have to call it quits because your doing things the right and legal way and your illegal competition is taking all of your work. And for you guys that are not having to deal with illegals, well with over 25 million here already(that's the govt. number but the real number is more than double that) how long before they come to a theater near you.

Dave...

I agree 100%. I have Hispanics come up to me all the time if I am stopped in areas where they hang out. INS sits down the street watching if you pick any of them up. It's not worth the fine and like Dave said it is enabling them. Sending all there money back to Mexico doesn't help America.Fake I.D's are everywhere.A male with a female I.D. should be a red flag.

CLARK LAWN
01-14-2011, 12:24 PM
And all the guys on unemployment compensation !!

I got fewer inquiries from job seekers in 2010 than ever.

funny no one has commented on this!! i had the same results and most of those who did inquire about a job wanted to be payed cash under the table so they could keep collecting their unemployment.

BrunoT
01-16-2011, 06:42 PM
I am sorry but this AMERICA and we speak ENGLISH,I require people who work for me to do the same.They must be able to communicate with Me as well as clients.
I have had better luck with referrals than ads in the paper.

(I didn't mean to high jack the thread but had to say it)
Peace out.

Well said. Some of these guys would sell turn tricks on the street corner if they thought they could make enough at it. They don't give a damn how they make it or what the consequences are.

BrunoT
01-16-2011, 06:50 PM
These posts give me some hope that at least SOME of us understand the long term consequences of "cheap labor". It's a death spiral where only a few Americans currently prosper from this system, and eventually even they will pay the price. Someone out there has to actually be able to AFFORD your services. You're shrinking that pool when you help to lower the prevailing wage.

Dave...

mslawn
01-16-2011, 07:22 PM

Dave...

:usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag: