PDA

View Full Version : specialty sharpener ?

grassman177
01-13-2011, 11:33 PM
hey manga matic,

we have one of your sharpeners and will get pics up soon when it has its special place in our shop finished!

anyways,curious if you have any machiens that are made to sharpen hedge trimmer blades. i am still looking at ways to save time and energy while getting the job done right.

i found a machine that was made for this task, but it was in the UK and not wired for the US.

do you have any thing that would work, or thoughts on the subject, or perhaps even a link?

Magna-Matic
01-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Hello Grassman,

We always love seeing people's shop set-up's. I look forward to the pictures.

We are doing some research on developing a machine for hedge trimmers, there is nothing in the industry that we have found yet. I'd love to see the one you found in the UK if you have a link.

Thank you,

MarcSmith
01-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Stihl makes an attachment for their Chain saw sharpener for hedge trimmers...

grassman177
01-14-2011, 02:12 PM
i will look into that, thanks marc

magna matic, i will look, it took me some doin to find it the first time................http://www2.westfalia.net/shops/gardening/hedge_trimmers/hedge_clippers/accessories/289771-hedge_trimmer_sharpening_station.htm

MarcSmith
01-14-2011, 02:17 PM
if you get hung up let me know I can get your part numbers needed to modify the chain sharpener..

grassman177
01-14-2011, 07:32 PM
cool, have not looked yet, but we still sharpen by hand file with chain.

is the attachment and tool you speak of expensive? and why did it not come up in all my literally hours of searching?

MarcSmith
01-14-2011, 11:17 PM
http://www.stihlusa.com/chainsaws/acc_filing.html scroll to the bottom.

shoot me an email mjs82@georgetown.edu and when I get back on campus on tuesday I pull the part numbers for the hedge trimmer sharpener setup...it has a special base i think that holds the blades.

grassman177
01-15-2011, 01:40 AM
are you like a turf professor?

thanks by the way. oh, your emial is going to get removed as you cant post them on the open forum.

MarcSmith
01-15-2011, 09:32 AM
I'm the Landscape and ground manager on campus