PDA

View Full Version : Do i need a slogan/ moto?

grass disaster
01-14-2011, 02:24 PM
do i need a slogan for my company?

would it help gain customers any or do people not even really care?

i was thinking something like.... Grass Master Lawn Service...
.....A GOOD SERVICE AT A FAIR PRICE.....

i'm planning on making up some new cards with my new logo and was thinking if i should incorperate a slogan.

walker-talker
01-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Would it gain customers, probably not directly. Would you pickup lawn mowing (http://www.progressivelawn.com/lawn-mowing.html)accounts because of it, again, not directly. It might make you business name easier to be remembered. I think it's a good idea, but I don't have one. Maybe in the future. I would not use the word "good" like you have it. Maybe the word "great".

JDUtah
01-14-2011, 10:13 PM
Nor would I use fair.

If you really like what you have, consider "A great service at a good price"

grass disaster
01-14-2011, 10:16 PM
....a great service a fair price....?????

gasracer
01-15-2011, 11:35 AM
A lot of customers now don't care about "service","quality",they just want a CHEAP price.

cbtexas
01-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Nor would I use fair.

If you really like what you have, consider "A great service at a good price"

I would leave price out of it. It makes the customer focus on it. I would use "quality lawncare... dependable service. Leave price out of it and get them focusing on quality and that you have reliable service and will show up everytime you are supposed to. Those that want a cheap price.... well everyone needs customers so send them to your competition. Let them put up with the cheapskates. If you say fair or good price, then what exactly is fair or good. Everyone has an opinion so just leave price out and concentrate on your other strong suits like quality and service.

I reallly do like your logo. Nice, simple and clean looking. Well done there.

grass disaster
01-15-2011, 05:45 PM
I would leave price out of it. It makes the customer focus on it. I would use "quality lawncare... dependable service. Leave price out of it and get them focusing on quality and that you have reliable service and will show up everytime you are supposed to. Those that want a cheap price.... well everyone needs customers so send them to your competition. Let them put up with the cheapskates. If you say fair or good price, then what exactly is fair or good. Everyone has an opinion so just leave price out and concentrate on your other strong suits like quality and service.

I reallly do like your logo. Nice, simple and clean looking. Well done there.

yes i have a friend who is a logo master. the logo is exactly what i wanted. he gave me some really fancy ones that were too much color.

yeah i like you idea about quality and service.

i'm in the process of getting all my cards and marketing things switched over to my new logo. i got my enclosed trailer done with this logo last year.

A QUALITY DEPENDABLE SERVICE...... i like this more short and sweet.

starry night
01-15-2011, 06:04 PM
All slogans about fair price are trite and predictable.

JDUtah
01-15-2011, 07:40 PM
The largest company in the world has a motto that starts with "Save money"

But yes, I like "quality lawncare... dependable service"

cbtexas
01-15-2011, 08:24 PM
The largest company in the world has a motto that starts with "Save money"

But yes, I like "quality lawncare... dependable service"

If you absolutely have to focus on price, then I would go with "we fix cheap lawncuts". :laugh::laugh:

johnsonslawnmanagement
01-15-2011, 08:41 PM
If you use a slogan don't make it cheesy. Saw a card lastnight that said: lawn enfocement "we make lawns surrender"... What the hell?
Make it professional and to the point. "setting the standard" , "quality and dependable."
Or this might work ..."Let me mow your grass or I'm gonna kick your a.."
I don't use a slogan anymore but my graphics designer says slogans don't draw any attention unless they are silly. I for one doNt want my buisness and "silly" in the same sentance.
Posted via Mobile Device

corey4671
01-15-2011, 08:45 PM
If you absolutely have to focus on price, then I would go with "we fix cheap lawncuts". :laugh::laugh:

:laugh::laugh: I like that

My slogan, as cheesy as it sounds, is You grow it I'll Mow it. I thought it sounded pretty corny but crap I get comments about it all the time. It's on the back of my shirts, on my caps and on my signage. People are all the time stopping me in the store or whatever and complimenting me on it and how clever it is. I've had people call for service that say they've seen the sign on the truck out and that slogan stuck with them.

I know what you're saying, yeah that slogan restricts you to simply lawn mowing. True. and honestly that is WHAT I DO. However in the fall I have signs on my cleanup rig that say When leaves fall, gimme a call! Guess what...SAME RESULTS! It's all about something catchy and maybe even corny but it sticks with folks

grass disaster
01-16-2011, 06:08 PM
:laugh::laugh: I like that

My slogan, as cheesy as it sounds, is You grow it I'll Mow it. I thought it sounded pretty corny but crap I get comments about it all the time. It's on the back of my shirts, on my caps and on my signage. People are all the time stopping me in the store or whatever and complimenting me on it and how clever it is. I've had people call for service that say they've seen the sign on the truck out and that slogan stuck with them.

I know what you're saying, yeah that slogan restricts you to simply lawn mowing. True. and honestly that is WHAT I DO. However in the fall I have signs on my cleanup rig that say When leaves fall, gimme a call! Guess what...SAME RESULTS! It's all about something catchy and maybe even corny but it sticks with folks

You grow it I'll Mow it.

i too do basically just mowing. i can see this actually getting lots of attention.