PDA

View Full Version : Estimate of weight for dry, dyed mulch

GarPA
01-15-2011, 03:44 AM
For arguments sake lets agree that normal shredded hardwood (more like crapwood these days) weighs somwwhere between 700 and 1000lbs.(this has been beaten to death here on a number of posts over the years)
Anyone ever come across any numbers on what DRY, dyed mulch weighs per cu/yard? I'm dump trailer shopping and we use almost all dyed and just about every time we have to use the real stuff the worker bees remind me how much more they like moving the light, dyed materials versus the "heavy stuff" as they call it.......thanx much

Agape
01-15-2011, 12:21 PM
For arguments sake lets agree that normal shredded hardwood (more like crapwood these days) weighs somwwhere between 700 and 1000lbs.(this has been beaten to death here on a number of posts over the years)
Anyone ever come across any numbers on what DRY, dyed mulch weighs per cu/yard? I'm dump trailer shopping and we use almost all dyed and just about every time we have to use the real stuff the worker bees remind me how much more they like moving the light, dyed materials versus the "heavy stuff" as they call it.......thanx much

Don't let your workers determine what products you use, I would start finding replacement workers for those lazy whining turds and let them go.
soon as i read your post, I wanted to hop a plane and punch your workers for you! Jeez, "weee liiike the liiight stuuuufff!!!"
don't let your workers run you.

GarPA
01-15-2011, 04:29 PM
I actually just laugh at them...and honestly I dont blame them....because the "real" tanbark today is junk.....20 years ago it faded to grey in 6 months.....now it fades to sidewalk grey in 6 to 8 weeks...80% of what res and comm custs want now is dyed....and for appearance purposes long term its clearly the best choice.....better color retention and easier to work....a no brainer