PDA

View Full Version : IS efco equipment any good?

Green Machine Mowing
01-15-2011, 03:05 PM
I haven heard much about them, so far I'm not impressed with their website, what do you guys know about them?

lawnpro724
01-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Great equipment! I have used their hedge trimmers which are a 97 models without a problem. Their engines are the smoothest of any other piece of small equipment I have and they have to power to cut through anything. The Efco trimmers I have, have withstood very heavy commercial trimming for over 13yrs and are still going strong. Their bullet proof! I have also used their chain saws and they are very good as well. The downside to Efco would be their weight. The trimmers I have are 30" and are heavier than my other trimmers which I have already had to replace. They are built to last when other trimmers are not. They are made in England and there not as popular as other brands are here in the U. S. A but they are a quality machine. I have been very happy with my Efco equipment.

js_landscape&design
01-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Green Machine Mowing,

I have a few pieces of Efco equipment with mixed reviews. I have the 62cc backpack blower, a low-grade commercial string trimmer that the dealer gave me, and their smallest consumer chain saw...I believe its a MT 3700 model (approx. 35cc). The equipment manufacturer is in italy, not England...but there is also a supplier in Wooster Ohio.

First off, the backpack blower is excellent...good power, the unit is well made, and the plastic blower nozzle has help up incredibly to daily use (very little scratches, fading, etc.). It also has a well made throttle assembly...compared to the Redmax EBZ8150 that I have. Best feature on the unit is how smoothly the power engages/disengages. It's fairly quiet yet strong enough to blow leaves off the lawn. Only issue I've had with the blower is once the cog showed signs of wear, the throttle trigger would stick. Took it to the dealer and its taken two months to get replacement parts for the unit. They did however, replace the entire throttle assembly and carb to hopefully prevent any farther issues. Haven't used the blower since to really comment if its been effective.

The string trimmer has decent power, but it's very heavy. I don't like the quard on it, but when somebody gives u a $300 trimmer, its hard to complain much.

The chainsaw is dynamite. It's compact, moderate weight, and is the easiest saw to operate I have ever used. Starts first pull and runs like a dream all the time. Chains last and I got a case with the unit for $150 new. Best part about the equipment is their "5 Yr. No Fear" warranty...even on consumer equipment used in commercial setting, although that may depend more on your dealer. If customer service/parts supply were on par with anything else like redmax, husqvarna, sthil, etc..I would own all Efco products. If you have a good local dealer, I would recommend trying a pc. of their equipment..you will be pleased. Good luck with it.

FLAhaulboy
01-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Efco has a "rotating" head on their power pole saw unit:

Adjustment of pruning head: from 0° to 90° (5 positions)

My Stihl Kombi pole saw has a fixed head & I was thinking bout ordering a Efco pole saw head and add it to my kombi pole.

See photo at this link:

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=EF+PT+2500&catID=206

I wonder why Stihl doesn't come up with such a great idea?

Robert Pruitt
01-15-2011, 08:53 PM
The guys on here swear by their equipment,so you will have all kind of of post. I prefer the orange stuff.

Robert Pruitt
01-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Efco has a "rotating" head on their power pole saw unit:

Adjustment of pruning head: from 0° to 90° (5 positions)

My Stihl Kombi pole saw has a fixed head & I was thinking bout ordering a Efco pole saw head and add it to my kombi pole.

See photo at this link:

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=EF+PT+2500&catID=206

I wonder why Stihl doesn't come up with such a great idea?

They do have a 135 decaded. hedge trimmer. i would thank that the hedger you are talking about would be hard to handle.

Patriot Services
01-15-2011, 09:12 PM
Northern Tools carries them but I would never let their mechanic touch it. Parts availabilty would be a deal breaker for many.
Posted via Mobile Device

meets1
01-15-2011, 10:39 PM
I have the brush cutter from efco. I found I was always renting one and finally asked how much - gave me an awesome deal and bought it. We have had great luck with it, powerful yet light weight and easy to use for a few hours when needed.

gunner4green
01-15-2011, 11:20 PM
I haven heard much about them, so far I'm not impressed with their website, what do you guys know about them? here's what I posted last year.....

09-03-2010, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Member

efco trimmer and blower
just purchased an efco ds 2600 4 stroke trimmer, holds .095 string, and she's tough. like what most say about the 4 stroke, she's a tad bit heavier. here's what funny, my neighbor across the street, came out to see my new toy, thought it was electric lol lol.... he couldnt hear it until I gunned it lol...it's very quiet,she's a long straight shaft, and has cutter blade, and power pruner capabilities, she's very well balanced. I got a blower too, it's hand held and a 2 cycle. will post pics as soon as I learn how lol.. be safe... gunner

and...
trimmers got about 6 hrs on her now. it's loosening up good. starts right up, and starts on the first pull. power is awesome. I cant get over how quiet she is. forgot to mention the blower is an efco SA 3000 model 1.86 cu.in, maximum air volume is 372 cfm's, maximum air speed is 157 mph. weighs 9.9 lbs. the trimmer is a 25 cc 11,200 rpms WOT, dont know the weight of it. compared to the 2 cycle trimmers you can tell it's more....

Green Machine Mowing
01-16-2011, 01:17 AM
Sounds like its really good stuff. The reason I ask is I am purchasing/reopening a small engine repair shop, I will also sell handhelds and some other equipment. I am deciding on what lines I will carry/have available to order. Whats the deal with parts for them, a few of you guys have mentioned them being difficult to come by.

Alan0354
01-16-2011, 04:54 AM
Sounds like its really good stuff. The reason I ask is I am purchasing/reopening a small engine repair shop, I will also sell handhelds and some other equipment. I am deciding on what lines I will carry/have available to order. Whats the deal with parts for them, a few of you guys have mentioned them being difficult to come by.

I think you should find out yourself by calling the distributor to see how long is the lead time. This is too important to get second hand info.

Should look into carrying Tanaka also. Few people carry it but you hear a lot of raving reviews on them. Also maruyama seems to be up and coming. More and more dealers carry Maru, might want to get in before it become too big.

JUst a thought.:drinkup:

K/B
01-16-2011, 07:46 AM
I don't know about the other equipment, but their earth augers are not that great, the smaller one has a really junky choke system and sub-par air filter, and the gas caps are quickly start leaking. The larger engine has a better choke and air filter, but the same gas caps, and the whole thing feels and looks cheap. Parts availability is terrible. It took over a month just to get a couple gas caps, cap valves and a muffler cover.

ratfink
01-16-2011, 09:33 AM

Talk to the local distributor, they should be able to give you a fill rate, and average length of back-order. Profit margin and retail cost of parts is important, occasionally you can talk a distributor into giving you a top 50 or 100 list with retail and wholesale pricing. Also ask them to refer you to another dealer or two to who carry and service the product. From them you want to know how long back-ordered parts take, how good their warranty process is, and how long they take to payout warranty claims.

Richard Martin
01-16-2011, 01:38 PM
They do have a 135 decaded. hedge trimmer. i would thank that the hedger you are talking about would be hard to handle.

Yeah, he's talking about the saw, not the hedge trimmer.

http://www.baileysonline.com/prod_images/EF_PT_2500_T1.jpg

Green Machine Mowing
01-16-2011, 10:19 PM
Thanks guys, any other opinions out there?

docjones
01-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Italian made commercial equipment. Very good chainsaws. No other experience with their equipment. Dealer support should always be a consideration in buying any commercial grade equipment.

Alan0354
01-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Italian made commercial equipment. Very good chainsaws. No other experience with their equipment. Dealer support should always be a consideration in buying any commercial grade equipment.

Italian made?!! I hope they do better than italian cars!!!! So far none of their cars prove road worthy at all.....Yes Fiat, Fararri, Lambo etc. You raise to 200mph.......into the shop!!!

FLAhaulboy
02-14-2011, 12:22 AM

I'm talking about the pole saw attachment here, not the hedger.

GrassGuerilla
08-11-2013, 04:49 PM
It's interesting to note that despite building a top shelf tool, they have to implement the parts supply network to be a viable commercial option. A tool that's down for a month or more is hard to work around. With Stihl and Echo, most parts are readily available.