PDA

View Full Version : Edger help

newjerseylandscaping
01-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Please help if you can. i picked up an echo PE-200 stick edger. I just got new blades for it this morning. up untill now ive alwaysed used string triimers for my edging but have used stick edgers at work. I cant figure out how to get the blade off:confused:. If someone can help me on that that would be great. Also do you sharpen the blades because the ones i got ave not edge on them there just the same thickness all the way around. THanks again. Hunter

Lefet
01-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Not sure about yours but you lock the blade (like on your mower) and turn the nut in the OPPOSITE direction.
No need to sharpen the blade, edging will do that for you. Depending on how much edging you do, flip it to get a little more use.

newjerseylandscaping
01-15-2011, 06:34 PM
THanks i got to figure this out ive tried locking it just like on the mower but the blade thats on it is old and weak and keeps bending

Lefet
01-15-2011, 06:41 PM
Try channel locks, clamp, or a vice grip!

Agape
01-15-2011, 06:42 PM
let the blade bend, $5 for a new one. the bolt is threaded the opposite, so "righty looosey- lefty tighty" hit it with a pneumatic impact driver. go to les shwab and beg if you have to.
The more the blade is flat, the better the edge.

Agape
01-15-2011, 06:44 PM
also, there should be a hole in the final gear box that you can put a round peg (screw driver, screw etc...) in it that will keep it from turning.

newjerseylandscaping
01-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Man this is a PIta.I see the hole ill try that. ive tried all othe the above.

newjerseylandscaping
01-15-2011, 06:53 PM
is it clock wise or counter clock wise. i tried both neither are working.

Lefet
01-15-2011, 06:59 PM
let the blade bend, $5 for a new one. the bolt is threaded the opposite, so "righty looosey- lefty tighty" hit it with a pneumatic impact driver. go to les shwab and beg if you have to.
The more the blade is flat, the better the edge.

And buy them by the case, $1.00 a piece!!!

Agape
01-15-2011, 07:08 PM
And buy them by the case, $1.00 a piece!!!

Misread and thaought at first, that he was talking about a walk behind edger, sorry.
also, because it spins, the threads are reversed so it won't loosen while working.
if you tried it both ways, you probably jammed it. use a bit of hollow pipe for leverage, and turn it clockwise to loosen.

newjerseylandscaping
01-15-2011, 07:25 PM
I really thought it was righty loosy so i didnt push it to to hard.

newjerseylandscaping
01-15-2011, 07:46 PM
Got it guys thanks. I ordered 10 blades to start. its used mechine and dont want it to die on me and be left with all these blades.