PDA

View Full Version : Price Check

Hawg City Lawns
01-16-2011, 04:55 AM
How much are you guys paying for your 14' tandem axle trailers with regular sides and rear gate? People with 16' can chime in also.

vaughnslawns
01-16-2011, 06:11 AM
$1700-$2000 4 brakes 16in

4B LawnCare
01-16-2011, 03:32 PM
I just ordered a 83x16 trailer outside of Mt. Pleasant Tx. last week. I got the 4ft sides, wrap around tongue, 2x2 cage up front, racks on the side, 1 brake axle, and a gas can box on the side. After tt&l it is going to be around 2250. It is about the best price I could find around my area.

Evan528
01-16-2011, 04:23 PM
If only you could get trailers for those kind of prices here..........

a bare bones 16ft dual axle trailer with a gate on the back is about $3200 here..... All tamdems have to have brakes on both axles in PA.

KS_Grasscutter
01-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Paid $2,240 plus tax for a PJ in October. 16' tandem, brakes on both axles, 2' dove tail, rear gate, removable sides, etc. There are obviously cheaper trailers out there, but I really like the features of the PJ's.

Hawg City Lawns
01-16-2011, 06:45 PM
im looking at bare bones stuff id take my rack off the other one unless somebody really wanted them im not 100% on brake axles in arkansas but nobody really cares around here either.. its just time to trade it in main reason ive got too much weight on it right now but other factors is it will need new tires after this year, itll need a floor soon, and it needs to be rewired (thanks to the new puppy)

my ideal trailer would be 83"x12' tandem axle with a rear gate but i could deal with a 83"x14' tandem with a rear gate also

knox gsl
01-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Check these guys out, only use tube steel on tandem axle trailers and they look better in person, great prices. http://outbacktrailers.com/ They also carry a lifetime warrenty.

Hawg City Lawns
01-17-2011, 04:48 PM
Check these guys out, only use tube steel on tandem axle trailers and they look better in person, great prices. http://outbacktrailers.com/ They also carry a lifetime warrenty.

thanks for the website its one of the first ive seen with prices but im not driving 600 miles for a trailer

knox gsl
01-17-2011, 07:38 PM
thanks for the website its one of the first ive seen with prices but im not driving 600 miles for a trailer

Can't blame you for that, the savings in price would be eat up in fuel and a hotel room. Seems like some shop near you woulkd be able to build a quality trailer. I guess that what won me over was that when I stopped by to see the final product the owner showed me around the shop where they built them. There are several things they do extra like triple A tounges and the serial number is welded into the frame. Another thing that I liked was that alot of the municipalities in north AL use them for their trailers.