PDA

View Full Version : how to get city/town landscaping work

Guzzo856
01-16-2011, 10:03 AM
in my town there are many islands of grass that are about 1/3 of an acre. They have private landscapers doing it. How do you get this work. Do you just see if they are taking bids at the city hall?

SouthSide Cutter
01-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Everything around here, schools, soccer fields etc. the winning bid is so cheap its not worth doing to me.

ffemt1271
01-16-2011, 11:54 AM
I do work here for several government agencies for about 6 years. I started out bidding along with everyone else, but in my opinion they want someone that the can call to take care of anything. I have cut grass that was 5 feet tall on a new acct. and kept it up and made it look good, and charged accordingly. they are not really worried about the price, but they dont want to have to call around and find someone for evety acct. they need done.

you might want to check and see how your town operates. Your town may have bid laws that require bids for everything, but i'm usually under the cap and they are able to just call and say do it, send a bill. It also helps to know someone 'on the inside" that can give you heads up when a contract comes up.

jonathanone
01-17-2011, 09:48 AM
My back and knees are shot-the orthopedic boys say they don't understand how I can even get out of bed- and I am seriously looking into being classified as an American with a disability-it would have to help us get government work, no??-hey maybe I could sell my x-rays to others who are trying to get State/government work.

grassman177
01-17-2011, 12:15 PM
contact them for bid oportunity, and then be the cheapest around, beyond cheap. then you will get the work, which aroundhere doesnt even pa y the bills of operating it is done so cheap