PDA

View Full Version : walk behind leaf blower

Ben's Landscape
01-16-2011, 06:30 PM
I was at my local little wonder dealer yesterday and they had a leftover 5hp little wonder sho? I run the redmax 8001's is this blower more powerfull then the redmax? I couldnt find any cfm rating online for them.

Thanks

gene gls
01-16-2011, 07:41 PM
I was at my local little wonder dealer yesterday and they had a leftover 5hp little wonder sho? I run the redmax 8001's is this blower more powerfull then the redmax? I couldnt find any cfm rating online for them.

Thanks

5 HP is more home owner. You need 8-10+ HP to be efficent. If you have hilly properties you are better off with a self powered drive unit. I have a Buffalo Turbine unit for my Walker and its slick.

mowerbrad
01-16-2011, 08:13 PM
You really will not notice much of a difference between your large backpack blower(s) and this 5hp LW unit.

Like Gene said, you'll want to get 8+ hp, afterall the whole point of wb blowers is to make blowing leaves quicker and easier.

Ben's Landscape
01-16-2011, 08:19 PM
ok thanks for the advice i wont need it til the fall so i figured i would ask about it. The blower was brand new and 600 dollars for it and thought it may be worth it.

I am going to keep checking through out the season on craigslist for a 8-10 hp one.

jonathanone
01-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Avoid Fradan.

Ben's Landscape
01-17-2011, 09:51 AM
Avoid Fradan.

ok i dont even know if there is a dealer for them around me. Why should i avoid it?

EverestLandscape
01-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Hey Ben, I have a 10hp Little wonder with a Briggs and Stratton engine, a Billy Goat Force with a 13hp Honda, and a Giant-vac with a 16hp v-twin Briggs. Here's what I have noticed about all three. The Giant vac is too heavy and the 13hp Billy Goat has more power than the 16hp v-twin. The Little wonder most certainly blows air but is not as balls'y as the Billy Goat. Basically the Giant-vac stays in the trailer 9.5 times out of 10 due to it's poor power to weight ratio. Depending on what you are looking to spend I would suggest the Billy Goat Force with a 9hp Honda. If you can afford the 13hp then go for it. The billy Goat is much lighter and rolls a lot better than the little wonder how ever both of my machines get used a lot. Hope this helps!!:clapping:

corey4671
01-17-2011, 12:32 PM
I have the 13hp Honda Little Wonder. Love it. I use it with my BR 600 and can really move some leaves. anything less than 10hp is a waste in my opinion.

yardguy28
01-17-2011, 12:42 PM
i can speak from personal experience you do not want a 5hp blower for commercial use.

when i started looking into walkbehind blowers the one dealer told me whatever i purchased whether from them or someone else, don't let anyone talk me into anything less than 8hp.

what did i do. let someone talk me into a 5hp used little wonder. i've used the thing twice on my own property and never have used it on my clients properties. it just isn't any better than the backpack blower i have.

my neighbors on both sides of me have 8hp little wonder blowers and have no problems starting at the back of there back yard and blowing all the leaves to the curb in the front. my 5hp will only get me half (3/4 if i'm lucky) through the back yard leaves. then i have to tarp them out to the curb.

supercuts
01-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Avoid Fradan.

i love my fradan blower. its small, light, powerful, fits on the trailer nicer than little wonder and giant vac with their big handles

id love to hear why you dont like them

jonathanone
01-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Ben, the quality was not there and the Company simply did not care-perhaps I should be a poet.

Ben's Landscape
09-02-2011, 10:25 PM
wow just realized that i never replyed to this thread hahaha. sorry.

i ended up shortly after this around april bought a 8 hp little wonder homeowner used with the briggs i/c motor. it was a trade in at one of the dealers i go to got it for a great price of 450 also!! its in really good shape and runs great

Greyst1
09-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Ben, the quality was not there and the Company simply did not care-perhaps I should be a poet.

What do you mean the quality was not there? Please expand a little. I am interested in Fradan

vencops
09-03-2011, 12:17 AM
I picked up a 9hp (Honda) Little Wonder a few weeks ago. I don't have ANY accounts that require more than it will do.

I've used it 3-4X, so far. No complaints.

Ben's Landscape
09-03-2011, 08:16 AM
my 8hp has been working fine witht eh recent clean ups from hurricane irene. it blows sticks very well cant wait for fall clean ups!!