PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the YBravo 21" mower??

LibertyFarmLandscaping
01-16-2011, 10:45 PM
This mower looks interesting. Kind of looks like a Snapper.

I'm adding on 14 fast food chains this year for a franchise owner. I currently take care of 4 locations for him now plus his warehouse/office and 2 homes.

Anyway, I will need to add one more 21" mower because of the very small turf areas at these locations.

I looked at the YBravo at a dealer a few days ago. They look like very good machines. I like the covered cables up the handle bars, and the lighter weight due to the aluminum used in certain areas. They also have a 25" coming out next month. Hopefully it will turn out better than the exmark 26". Another thing that was attractive was the cheaper priced parts compared to Toro. You can look up parts with prices on the website: www.ybravo.com. The 25" is 117lbs which sounds great if it will hold up. Also they have a 15 day try it and return it if you don't like it.

So has anyone seen, demoed, or own one of the 21" models?

chuacro
01-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Have not heard of this mower. Interested in more info.

Green Machine Mowing
01-16-2011, 11:26 PM
I am interested as well, I am considering carrying them,they seem to be well built units. A little checking on their website and I discovered you can order any part for the transmission, which is really cool, as I understand it, thats not a common deal.

Az Gardener
01-16-2011, 11:34 PM
I have a local dealer, one branch place, no real brand loyalty just whatever he sees as the most practical and reliable. I like him because he doesn't push just the moneymakers. He has steered me away from more expensive brands/models at times and really seems to have my bests interests in mind. He is really knowledgeable and he loves the Ybravo and has been after me to demo one but I have no need for any new 21's. If he likes them I have to believe they are a good machine.

TheOctagon
01-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Reviving this thread. I am curious about these machines as well. Anyone know any background on the company?

Agape
01-18-2011, 05:36 PM
This mower looks interesting. Kind of looks like a Snapper.

I'm adding on 14 fast food chains this year for a franchise owner. I currently take care of 4 locations for him now plus his warehouse/office and 2 homes.

Anyway, I will need to add one more 21" mower because of the very small turf areas at these locations.

I looked at the YBravo at a dealer a few days ago. They look like very good machines. I like the covered cables up the handle bars, and the lighter weight due to the aluminum used in certain areas. They also have a 25" coming out next month. Hopefully it will turn out better than the exmark 26". Another thing that was attractive was the cheaper priced parts compared to Toro. You can look up parts with prices on the website: www.ybravo.com. The 25" is 117lbs which sounds great if it will hold up. Also they have a 15 day try it and return it if you don't like it.

So has anyone seen, demoed, or own one of the 21" models?

Well, Snapper sucks.
I was in the dealer today and saw one, and noticed the honda engine, I just don't see why I would buy one over the honda commercial which will bag wet grass and the puddle it's growing out of.

StihlMechanic
01-18-2011, 09:45 PM
After looking at the features of the mower, I am impressed. The only caution I would have is dealer support.

LibertyFarmLandscaping
01-19-2011, 12:39 AM
After looking at the features of the mower, I am impressed. The only caution I would have is dealer support.

Looks like Ed's in Addison carries them and Gassett's in Dallas. Not too far off the mowing route. Of course resell is not going to be like a Toro either.

LaLawnGuy
01-19-2011, 01:03 AM
I guess its just the difference in location, but I can't imagine an $1100 21" mower. There just aren't that many small spaces that I service. I only use a 21 on about 5% of my accounts :)
Posted via Mobile Device

LibertyFarmLandscaping
01-19-2011, 01:09 AM
I guess its just the difference in location, but I can't imagine an $1100 21" mower. There just aren't that many small spaces that I service. I only use a 21 on about 5% of my accounts :)
Posted via Mobile Device

They are $895 quoted from dealer here for non bbc model. Yea it's just according to what your uses are. I used to use throw away models, but was going through 2 per year per operator. I have been easily getting 3 to 4 years out of the Toro's with no problems and you can still sell them for 3 to 400 then.

Agape
01-19-2011, 03:00 AM
grass chute seemed narrow, but the new honda chute looked steep, like a clogging prob waiting to happen, gotta go into the garage and look at my old one

Knight511
01-19-2011, 08:35 AM
I have only had my Honda HRC for a week or so and have been playing with it in the dry grass of winter to get use to it. I will say, I have almost ZERO left to blow off of sidewalks when I use the bagger on the mower... even with light, easily blown around dry grass and leaves. I got mine with BBC for $1049 a week ago... new with great dealer support.... so saving less than $200 ($849 without BBC so BBC would cost more), doesn't seem like a winner.

I don't think the Ybravo should really be compared to the Honda though... looking at the ridiculously short handle, I don't think I could use a Ybravo without regular chiropractor visits.

StihlMechanic
01-21-2011, 08:21 PM
Looks like Ed's in Addison carries them and Gassett's in Dallas. Not too far off the mowing route. Of course resell is not going to be like a Toro either.

Ed's is a good dealership. Almost started working there a few years back.

Turf Dawg
01-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Ed's is a good dealership. Almost started working there a few years back.

Even though I'm about 65 miles away, Ed's is my main dealer. I know some say that is too far for a dealer but they carry many brands and tons of parts.

wimpy
01-21-2011, 10:00 PM
What the hell does Ybravo mean? I seen their webiste and it looks like the company might be from Mexico. Spanish name and hispanics in the pics. It looks like a Honda knock off.

outlaw1960
01-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Don't know Wimpy. The website did not say where the headquarters are, maybe I missed it though...Ynot check one out, I know I will. If they are made in China, I will Skip Out.....enough chinese crap at walmart to satisfy disapoint us as it is.