PDA

View Full Version : Troy Landscape Lighting

worx
01-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Anyone familiar with there products, if so what do you think?

Classic Lighting
01-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Today I called the local distributor about Troy. I was told that this line is not stocked and each order is custom made in California with a 7 day estimated arrival. Price point was about 1/3 higher than compareable luminaire. IMO, I was not pleased to hear this.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-18-2011, 01:24 AM
Ok, Troy is not "made in California"... it is made in China. Of that I am 100% sure. I have seen all of the new lineup and have to say it is some pretty well thought out, well designed, well built and well finished product. I was impressed. However, in trying to deal with Troy, through distribution (of which they have very little) it was frustrating as their price point is just too high. It is as if they think they have a spec. grade product. It is good, but it is not specification grade in my opinion.

Perhaps when they come out of the clouds and start marketing it at a proper price point I will give it a try.

Lite4
01-18-2011, 01:51 PM
James,
My local distributor has brought in several of their wall lights (integral type). The price point on the fixtures was better than integral fixtures. The fit and finish is excellent and the functionality is well thought out. The only downside to this fixture is that they use a festoon lamp. I have about 100 of them out there and have had a few issues with the lamp life. If I could find a good, long lasting festoon lamp it would be a great marriage.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Tim, I agree, the Troy wall light is one of the coolest fixtures in that category. Perhaps it is just a "Canada thing" re: pricing of the line but I just cannot get my head around the cost based on quality of goods. Don't get me wrong, I love using top notch, spec. grade fixtures and I have often said that if you want to make more money in your business then simply start using/selling better quality stuff, but this stuff is just good, not the best.

As for festoon lamps... I dont know of any long life, xenon festoons. You might want to check out if THHC offers them. I do know you should stay away from any of the LED festoons out there. They have no moisture proofing, no heat sinking, do not produce much light and do not last as long as they claim. I have had a few clients with LED festoon britestrip installed and we ended up switching them back to incandescent.

Regards

Lite4
01-18-2011, 02:51 PM
I had looked at the LEDs for festoons but will steer clear of them for now. Thanks for the tip.
It's too bad the price is so much higher up north. There are a really classy fixture.